Author Topic: Whitewater rafting on my B600!  (Read 2583 times)

Offline elbandito

• TURBO TYPER!
Whitewater rafting on my B600!
« on: July 24, 2007, 11:24:57 PM »
Ok, so it wasn't that bad.  I got tired of not riding due to the constant rain (for the last couple of months!) and decided to just go for it today.  I rode to work this morning right after it had finished raining (so much for a clean bike).  Came out at lunch and the sun was out, so I put the rain gear in my bags.  Came out at the end of the day and it was pouring rain.   :shock:  Oh and the light show outside was rather entertaining.   :shock:

I waited and waited, hoping for a break since my rain gear was about 100 yards away.  No luck.  I just walked to my bike, getting soaked along the way, then rode back to the building where I could get my rain gear on under the awning (had my regular gear on already).  On the way home everything was flooded.  A number of times I simply coasted through water that was easily up to my footpegs.

Other than lubing the chain and giving it a good bath, is there anything I need to do?  She's due for an oil change anyway, but I wasn't sure what else to look for.

NOTE:  I thought I had asked this before, but couldn't find the post... sorry if you have to answer twice...
Eric
2002 Bandit 600S
Zero Gravity double-bubble, EXL luggage, not much more!

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 12:47:59 AM »
About the only thing I can think of is the intake filter, but that would probably dry out soon enough if you ride it. I wouldn't worry about it.

Offline StangMATA

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 08:09:27 AM »
No worries, mang. Just keep your eye on the air filter (which you should be doing anyway) and lube up that chain (which you should be doing anyway) and you're all set.

If you ride in the rain a whole lot, it doesn't hurt to check out your wheel bearings....

On Sunday a few of us rode from Hondo out to Tarpley. I can't remember the highway but there was a ton of washout on the roads. We crossed a few spots that were VERY deep!  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Ian<br />USAF<br />2003 Silver Bandit 1200s<br />D&D slip-on. Busa Shock. Mostly Stock <br/> www.BuckNakedOffroad.com

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 12:41:23 PM »
You might also want to consider dismantling/lubing up your rear suspension linkage completely, especially those lower pivot bolts. Just my .02.....
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings