Author Topic: Any thoughts on the Ducati Multistrata?  (Read 5890 times)

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
Any thoughts on the Ducati Multistrata?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2005, 04:26:48 AM »
I agree with Paul - you either love or hate it, personally I hate it.

It looks like it was put together using bits from the parts bin, the seat and seating position is just plain crap, and the mirrors give you a great view of either you elbows or armpits, the fact that the 'Fairing' moves with the 'bars is disconcerting to say the least and unless you do something with the stock exhaust it sounds crap.  About the only thing it's got going for it is the name on the tank.

IMHO the Aprilia Caponord is a much better proposition.  It does everything the Ducati does and more.  The seat is one of the best standard seats I've sat on, the mirrors actually allow you to see what's behind you, and it's not butt ugly.  The only complaint I had with it, apart from the fact I can't afford one, is that at 200km it gets a nasty little 'shimmy' in the front end when cornering - but I could live with that because it's not everyday I try to chase down RSV Mille's.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2005, 07:35:04 AM »
I figured out what its missing,me in the saddle :motorsmile:
  I always loved the Ducs,but above my $ range. I'd want something I could take to the track.I asked a neighbor that took Fasttrack's race school if he was scuffing his Knee pucs. he quoted" Its a little harder leaning down a bike that far when you paid $22,000. for it."
  I got a chuckle out of that. I can only hope to see him on the track so I can pass him with my $6,000. Bandit :banana:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2005, 07:39:07 PM »
Well, Mick, for '05 they not only improved the seat, but made the mirrors stick out further. Just read the test in the current issue of Cycle World and they give the Multistrada 1000S-DS (with the Ohlins goodies) a good shakedown. Says it's improved several of the shortcomings they complained of on thier '04 long termer.

They did complain about the digital display saying it was out of gas when the tank was still half-full.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2005, 04:04:21 AM »
I'll have go down to the local Duc dealer and see if they've got a demo.  That's one thing I really miss since my wife got out of the trade - test riding new bikes.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"