Author Topic: Don't know if this has been asked before? Wave Etiquette?  (Read 4421 times)

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
Don't know if this has been asked before? Wave Etiquette?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 04:05:50 PM »
Quote from: "Landry"
I mean . . . I don't wave to every Dodge Ram 1500 I pass, why every motorcycle?

Could we extend that to everything?  Wave at the woman in the grocery store who buys the same brand of cereal...Notice the kid next to you at the movie theater has the same brand of cell phone, so you wave...wave at the guy next to you at the urinal because he has one too...it sure would liven up the day and generate lots of conversation.
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2005, 06:56:34 PM »
Quote from: "Landry"
I mean . . . I don't wave to every Dodge Ram 1500 I pass, why every motorcycle?

I think it has more to do with cult vehicle status. In the cage world, it is ususally more specific to a model, but biikes just seem to get lumped together more... except some cliques are less likely to wave at riders of something outside their clique. I think as more and more motorcycles appear on the road, it will probably break down into cliques even more - or just go away. I still wave, but not usually in the urban areas unless I'm waved at first. I've got better things to spend my attention on than look out for other bikes to wave at.

When I was growing up, 4x4 drivers would always wave at each other, now it tends to be more brand/model specific. Jeeps wave at each other, but not to Toyota drivers and vice-versa.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline rider123

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2005, 01:32:44 AM »
I especially wave at H-D's and Ducati's and anyone else who figures they're better than me. Pisses them off!!
2005 Bandit 1200, Modified Holeshot Stage 1 with 17.5 pilots 2.75 turns out, and 110 mains 5 shims. Muzzy Slip on w/mid-pipe, stock filter. 1.5" hole in the airbox lid.

Offline billster

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.bikepics.com/members/billst/03gsf1200/
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2005, 05:36:12 AM »
Comes to mind that in the mid-60's one rarely saw a Brit Sports Car (STILL the only sports car in my book).  I had a '61 Bugeye then, (followed by a couple of Tr's, a 3000 Mk. III, Midget, MGB....) and if you saw a Brit going the other way you not only waved, you turned around, stopped and kicked tires for 15 minutes or so.  It was that special.  Then MG came out with an automatic transmission!!!  Suddenly EVERY nitwit in the world was a sports car driver and the comaraderie went straight to shit.   :crybaby:
The older I get, the better I was.

'03 B12N
'77 R100S
'78 XS650 (project underway)
'74 CL200