Author Topic: Bandit, Crotch Rocket  (Read 13095 times)

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
Bandit, Crotch Rocket
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2007, 11:56:25 AM »
Interestingly enough my insurance broker just called and said my insurance would not be covered by the underwriter we had agreed on as they don't cover 'sport bikes', guess they think the bandit is something I don't think it is.
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline drewpy_dawg

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Bandit, Crotch Rocket
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2007, 12:36:31 PM »
What state are you in?  I've used this company and have recommended them MANY times simply because their prices are amazing...and they know bikes and insurance companies policies to get the best rates.  (They got me a rate almost half what the company would have charged with me going directly through them..)
Their URL is: http://www.ballins.com/
I have NO affiliation with this company aside from being a happy customer.  From their website:
We insure Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Utah, West Virginia and Wisconsin
2002 Bandit 1200s - Blue - Holeshot exhaust, pod filters and dynojet stage 3 jet kit and carbon fiber look accessories.  
2006 Hyosung Avitar GV-650 (wife's bike) -Silver- bone stock (and pretty darn fun to ride)

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
Bandit, Crotch Rocket
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2007, 12:53:31 PM »
sadly i'm in canada. It won't be much of a problem just that he has had to find somebody else to underwrite the policy, he won't increase the price at all which is honestly all I care about.
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
Bandit, Crotch Rocket
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2007, 01:28:52 PM »
Quote from: "mademiriam"
Interestingly enough my insurance broker just called and said my insurance would not be covered by the underwriter we had agreed on as they don't cover 'sport bikes', guess they think the bandit is something I don't think it is.

How long have you been riding the bike, assuming it was insured and they just now told you it's not?  That sounds like Wawanesa.  (months behind on writing policies)  Good grief!  They are looking at some serious problems if a rider they say is insured isn't after all.
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
Bandit, Crotch Rocket
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2007, 11:56:29 AM »
it's pretty funny really, they had to write me a temp card for a month anyway. So really I could cancel and get myself a free month. Find it crazy that they don't just give the broker a copy of their no-insure list.
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
Bandit, Crotch Rocket
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2007, 02:42:52 PM »
Quote from: "mademiriam"
it's pretty funny really, they had to write me a temp card for a month anyway. So really I could cancel and get myself a free month. Find it crazy that they don't just give the broker a copy of their no-insure list.

I think they don't only because then they can waffle, and pick and choose who they insure based on the position of the moon, or solar flares.  

A Bandit is not a sport bike, but the Canadian ins. companies really don't understand bikes.  As far as they're concerned, if it's not a cruiser, it's a sport bike.   :roll:
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline leedogg

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.fquick.com/Leedogg
Bandit, Crotch Rocket
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2007, 03:53:31 PM »
Buncha crotch rocket riders! :stickpoke:  :bolt:

:lol:   :lol:   :lol:
1996 Trans Am- Stock as a rock - NOT.  408rwhp/397rwtq.
2004 GMC Yukon XL - The family/Trans Am hauler
1992 Silverado - Future tow vehicle.
2007 Bandit 1250S - first ever bike- I love it!

Offline Dave 02 1200

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit, Crotch Rocket
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2007, 04:49:09 PM »
Mine is a mellow cuiser - when I want to cruise, but most of the time it is a street rod.

Idea:  Would it help to fit a flat windshield and hard saddle bags, take a photo, and send the photo of the "dressed Bandit" along with a photo of a GSXR and another of a HD Road Glide to the insurance company?  

Your letter requesting another underwriting opinion could ask them "Which bike is more like the dressed Bandit, the GSXR "crotch rocket" or the HD Road Glide?

(The fact is that the Bandit is so versitile that it can be whatever you want it to be with just a few simple modifications.)  

Hope you can convince them to reconsider.
Busa Shock
HS Stage 1 Jet Kit
Superbike Bars with Bar End Mirrors
Kriss Headlight Modulator