Author Topic: Buying a new Bandit  (Read 9588 times)

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
Buying a new Bandit
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2006, 10:56:27 AM »
I find if I don't continue to grow, I just become so stagnant!

AH, THAT'S what I smell every time I read your posts!   :stickpoke:
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline jbrough7

• Highway Goddess
  • Board Homesteader!
Buying a new Bandit
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2006, 03:05:03 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Hey!  When did you get to be over 1000??

I swear you don't look a day over 997!

jim

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
Buying a new Bandit
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2006, 04:07:14 PM »
Hey!  When did you get to be over 1000??  I swear you don't look a day over 997!

These informative and insightful posts add up, don't they!

Offline jbrough7

• Highway Goddess
  • Board Homesteader!
Buying a new Bandit
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2006, 09:11:34 PM »
Not to mention argumentative! :wink:

The irony of life:  

I'm sitting here thinking of love and romance and my  friggin' cat  vomits beside me!  To top it all off, this is one sick kitty with lovely little squiggly things in her tiny, teeny-weeny tummy and they are swimming/crawling  through this mess on the floor!

Now there is a challenge.  You have to come up with something to top that!
 :grin:  :grin:

Plus it has to be TRUE!

PS Could you come over and clean it up?  Remember, a friend in need and all that bs!

Signed:  mr. clean
Jim

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
Buying a new Bandit
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2006, 11:06:38 PM »
Way to go, dreadnought !!! The "red" spoke to me too....plus my old GS was a red bike (a REAL red, not the wine/maroon of the 1200 Bandits) as well.....so maybe I'm destined to be seduced by Suzuki's versions of "red" paint.....
My buddy Bruce lives in Leduc and he's got a blue '05 B12S. He comes down to Cowtown to go riding with our group at least twice every summer for our extended BC trips. You're welcome too....as long as you like camping. We're hardcore about that kind of thing.....unless it's raining heavily, of course.
 :grin:  :grin:
Enjoy your new ride. I'm sure we'll get SOME Indian summer yet......:banana:
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Buying a new Bandit
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2006, 02:30:14 AM »
Thanks for the invite Rick, it'd be a blast to tag along...I'm into the camping riding as well!
Jamie K in Edmonton<br />06 B12S, Full Muzzy, Stage 1 jets, Timing Advancer

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
Buying a new Bandit
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2006, 09:35:37 AM »
I'm sitting here thinking of love and romance and my  friggin' cat  vomits beside me!

If you provoke that reaction when trying to romance you cat, imagine how a human woman would react!

Hey, some people are trying to have a discussion here congratulating a proud new Bandit owner.  Let's get back to that, hmmm-KAY?

Offline Rocketjock

• Board Homesteader!
Buying a new Bandit
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2006, 11:35:53 AM »
I've always had an affinity towards the Gixer engines' looks. That is the black finned, oil cooled beast. This watercooling thing doesn't make it for me. Besides looking just like a Kawie. In the next couple of years I'll be makin my 06 have more power with different mods. Granted, one more gear would have been nice but I can easily live with that. And fuel injection and ABS just skyrockets the cost. Who needs ABS on a bike? I expect my brand new carbs to go strong for years to come with a little TLC and preventative maintenance. I always thought the 10,000 price tag was a steal compared to a lot of rigs today. And now they are saying you can still get an 06 for a couple less? Wow.
06 B12
Lovin my Bandit
07 KLR.
Too much fun!

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Buying a new Bandit
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2006, 12:27:41 PM »
Yeah it is a good looking engine. I did a lot of research since I test rode the 04 three weeks ago and I found that so many people were happy with the reliability and rideability of the SACS engine that I wouldn't be disappointed with it...I think I'm going to be quite happy with this machine and will be interested in seeing how I feel about it in a few years :grin:
Jamie K in Edmonton<br />06 B12S, Full Muzzy, Stage 1 jets, Timing Advancer

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
Buying a new Bandit
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2006, 05:28:04 PM »
Well, James, it's been a pretty dependable engine since, what, 1987 or so, when Suzuki released the big block version of the Gixxer......despite all the mechanical indignities heaped on it by various "tuners" and "builders" over the years. Aside from the notorious "pistons/rings" episode of 2001-02 I don't believe there's ever been anything that has caused worries about the engine at any time since the beginning. An added bonus is that, should you ever be stuck on the road anywhere, pretty much every mechanic in North America with any sizeable amount of experience has worked on one at least once in his career, even if he's never worked at a Suzi dealer. It's kind of the model T or VW Beetle of the motorcycle world....although this comparison might not appear to be too flattering at first glance.....LOLOLOL
No, I think you'll be happy with it even 4 or 5 years down the road. Now if there was just something I could do about the wind blast. Maybe Givi will finally come up with a real touring screen for the G3 fairing setup.....here's hoping.....
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline Bazza

• Board Homesteader!
Buying a new Bandit
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2006, 03:40:51 AM »
I posted this on another thread but will post again.

My dealer quoted me $10,500.00 (Canadian) for a new 1250 ABS.

My real feeling is that the old B-12 was a good bargain.

The New B-12 is in my opinion an overpriced, porky old piece of ride.

For $10,500, there are much better, lighter bikes out there.

Offline Banditclimax

• TURBO TYPER!
Buying a new Bandit
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2006, 12:12:31 PM »
Quote from: "PaulVS"
One thing to add to the equation is that Suzuki is supposedly going to kill the Bandit entirely after 2007.  It will not be available in the 2008 line-up.

If that rumor is true... it's funny that they'd come up with a completely new engine for 1 year, though.

If it is true, that means all of ouR Bandits will become collectors items.  Can you say CHA-$-CHING! :beers:
"High is dry, and white is right".  Wise advice given to me by a CHP motorcycle officer, after he watched me go down upon hitting diesel fuel on a freeway interchange.  From another experienced rider, "ride the bike, don't let the bike ride you".

Offline 06 Greyhound

• Board Homesteader!
Buying a new Bandit
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2006, 07:46:28 PM »
I'm new here but I made my choice to buy my nice blue 06 based on a lot of the considerations that have concerned this post.  The price was a factor, and the shop helped me with the sale of my old bike.  
I haven't had a chance to ride it yet.  The arrival of winter has forced me to postpone my first ride.  So I'm waiting, and not real happy about it.
I have never ridden a bike with ABS but I hoping to give it a shot soon.