Author Topic: New Ride!  (Read 5043 times)

Offline Rocketjock

• Board Homesteader!
Re: New Ride!
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 10:46:31 AM »
Nothin that a flat black spray bomb couyldn't fix. But, I know how you feel. Just picked up an 07 KLR and had cold and wet blast Sunday in the woods.

Edited to make the pics work
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 11:57:08 AM by Red01 »
06 B12
Lovin my Bandit
07 KLR.
Too much fun!

Offline Rocketjock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2007, 07:27:04 PM »
Thanks for that Red.
06 B12
Lovin my Bandit
07 KLR.
Too much fun!

Offline Mongo

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2007, 08:10:26 PM »
Nothin that a flat black spray bomb couyldn't fix. But, I know how you feel. Just picked up an 07 KLR and had cold and wet blast Sunday in the woods.

Spent the past couple of days doing air box mods and shimming the needle in the carb in order to pull the flat spot out of the mid range and top end. I found some good information at KLRworld.com you might want to try it the best 22 cents you’ll ever spend!

Click here to check out the 22¢ Smile Maker
02 1200 Fighter
Do chickens fly? Yea and a Hell of a lot faster than reindeer!!!!

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2007, 08:17:44 AM »
 :congrats: Always good to pick something up with knobbies. I might be picking up one this winter myself. You'd like it,plent of grunt for a big guy.My Dad used to own it and I rode it when I was in my teens. It a Rickman/Triumph,one of my Dads old pals has it in Florida. He ,married my Mom a couple weeks ago and I gave her away.Told him there was a dollwery, "I don't want no damn horses or camels,I want the bike" So I have to work out a deal. Maybe I can get away from the snow this witer and do some tile work for him. Hasn't run for 10 yrs,so it would be a project bike. It handled more like a 250 than a 650 with the chrome molly frame.  Dan