Author Topic: GSX-R1000 $12k OTD, dealer won't trade-in my 05 B12 (5K)  (Read 35296 times)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
GSX-R1000 $12k OTD, dealer won't trade-in my 05 B12 (5K)
« Reply #210 on: May 07, 2007, 03:47:30 PM »
Quote from: "ZenMan"
Quote from: "CWO4GUNNER"
With respect to your reference there, without making a large unauthorized repost the same individual has completed more test with multipal slip-on cans archiving 108 HP and believes that with a new timing advancer and header $$$$ 116 HP might be able to be produced but not much more.

Well, this "individual" is already at 113 HP's and an incredible 92 ft-lbs torque... with just a slip-on. Remember, the catalytic converter is still plugging up the header. Removing that will make a huge increase.

The remapping from my experience usually just moves the HP and torque curve around but doesn't increase it.

I think you are underestimating what a remap can do.

That 113.63 hp/92.11 ft/lbs of torque is not with "just a slip-on." It also includes K&N filter, snorkel removal and a TFI box that changes fuel settings. While the TFI box isn't a remap, it does allow for adjustments to fuel flow. Here's what Dale says about the TFI Box as it relates to the SV/DL1000:

Quote from: "Dale Walker"
Dale recently teamed up with Dobeck Performance to make available the new totally plug in TFI Tuning box.The TFI box does not require that you re-map your electronic fuel injection to dial in your tune up. It simply allows the user to adjust the air / fuel mixture in three areas. Idle and low rpms, steady cruise, mid range , on off throttle applications and wide open full load throttle.There is also an adjustment allowing you to set when the full throttle fuel curve begins to come in at what rpm. All that is needed is a small flat blade screw driver and some time to play. Dale recently spent several hours on his Dynojet 250 I dyno, running his 2006 DL-1000 equipped with Holeshot-Slip-ons and the TFI box. He achieved a perfect 13:1 to 13:8 A/F under all throttle conditions. The bike made some super power and torque gains over stock really smoothed out the mid range and even picked up some fuel mileage out on the road. When you purchase your TFI tuning box from Holeshot you will get Dale's matching settings via e-mail. Please don't expect to get Dale's settings if you buy a TFI box at another discount house to save a few bucks.

Note! Dale's TFI settings match our Holeshot slip-ons and should work well with other brands as well. The TFI box will also work well with the stock mufflers to smooth out the power curve, plus add a little power and torque. Minor adjustments may be needed, depending on the bike, weather conditions and the elevation where you live and ride.

A remap may give more power still, but I'd be surprised if it was significant or else I'd think Dale would be going that route.

Dale is expecting 7-10 more ponies with a full header due to the restrictive nature of the OEM header with the catalytic converter. That's a much bigger jump than what the 1200 gets from going to a slip-on to a full system.

Gotta admit, those torque numbers are SWEET!
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #211 on: May 07, 2007, 04:25:29 PM »
Quote from: "Red01"
That 113.63 hp/92.11 ft/lbs of torque is not with "just a slip-on." It also includes K&N filter, snorkel removal and a TFI box that changes fuel settings. While the TFI box isn't a remap, it does allow for adjustments to fuel flow.

True enough... I didn't mention the K&N or the snorkel, those are minor details that anyone could do, and with very little expense.. Not to mention plugging the breather hose to block the PAIR system.

The TFI box I deliberately didn't mention because the person I was talking to doesn't understand the complexities of digital fuel injection or knows the difference between simple A/F adjustments using a TFI box, and an ECU re-map. But you are correct, the results are due to more tweaking than "just a slip-on". But the slip-on is a significant investment $$$-wise.  :wink:

A remap may give more power still, but I'd be surprised if it was significant or else I'd think Dale would be going that route.

Well, given that Dale sells TFI boxes with his settings, I wouldn't doubt that he considers a re-map an unprofitable direction to follow. That along with the fact that your average owner doesn't have the time or expertise, or access to a dynomometer... and most folks prefer the convenience of just plugging a box in.

Personally, I believe a re-map is a much more thorough and efficient way to go, since it covers the entire system including sensor inputs, timing advance, temperature, air flow, atmospheric pressure, humidity, etc. instead of just changing the air/fuel mixture. Horsepower gains would be significantly higher.

Dale is expecting 7-10 more ponies with a full header due to the restrictive nature of the OEM header with the catalytic converter. That's a much bigger jump than what the 1200 gets from going to a slip-on to a full system.

Gotta admit, those torque numbers are SWEET!

Yep! Gotta go along with ya there!  :bigok:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #212 on: May 07, 2007, 05:48:23 PM »
:clap:

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #213 on: May 07, 2007, 07:56:16 PM »

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #214 on: May 08, 2007, 11:35:34 PM »

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #215 on: May 09, 2007, 01:07:47 AM »
So the 'busa and FJR don't fit... but you somehow thought that a GSXR1000 would?   :lol:

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #216 on: May 09, 2007, 12:08:36 PM »
Quote from: "PaulVS"
So the 'busa and FJR don't fit... but you somehow thought that a GSXR1000 would?   :lol:

If he thinks the FJR is cramped, wait till he tries the new Concours...   :lol:  

Isn't it ironic that the best bike for him is the one he refuses to consider? It's a shame that he's going to spend all that money and end up with an ill-suited bike, just out of pure stubborness and refusal to admit he was wrong...   :stickpoke:  :roll:  

Ah well, we tried... just read this thread.  :annoy:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #217 on: May 09, 2007, 12:28:25 PM »

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #218 on: May 09, 2007, 12:43:02 PM »
I have been trained to be a person that uses intel to make a final decision and since I don't have a staff anymore to give me the briefings

"Intel" is the gathering of information. There are dozens of positive reviews on the B1250 out there that you are ignoring.

As far as a "staff", you have all the good experienced people on this board trying to help you... but you are ignoring them too.

What is the point of being a contributing member of BanditAlley if you refuse to listen to anyone?

I don't need to test ride or sit on the Bandit because I just sold one

You had an '05. The '07 is a whole new bike.

So if one was sitting there at the dealership in front of you, you would refuse to even sit on it? Let alone test ride it?

That, my friend, is stubbornness incarnate.

Its too much money to be reselling impulse buys a month later, never realizing the bike one could have owned.

Yet that is exactly what you are doing, if you don't test ride everything you can... and that includes the B1250.

I think you're just afraid to find out how impressive the new Bandit really is... 'cuz then you'll have to eat your words.  :bandit:

You'll never know what you missed... oh well, it's your loss.  :roll:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #219 on: May 09, 2007, 01:17:04 PM »
Perhaps he's waiting for the B-King?
Then he can have Hayabusa power with Bandit ergos.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #220 on: May 09, 2007, 01:23:29 PM »

And a butt-ugly bike.  :lol:

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #221 on: May 09, 2007, 01:38:35 PM »

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #222 on: May 09, 2007, 02:12:17 PM »

Well, he was considering the Eye-abuser, too... :lol:  

Speaking of looks - sorry, but I think the 2G Bandit looks better than the 3G. :stickpoke:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #223 on: May 09, 2007, 02:36:04 PM »

Well, he was considering the Eye-abuser, too... :lol:  

Speaking of looks - sorry, but I think the 2G Bandit looks better than the 3G. :stickpoke:

Beauty is in the eye of the owner.  :wink:

I like the looks of the 2G too... and the 1G. But of course my 3G is the most pleasing to my eye.  :bandit:

Actually my favorite bike as far as looks has always been the Eddie Lawson Replica... and the Z-Rex in GREEN is just an awesome-looking bike, pure muscle and brute strength.  :bigok:

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #224 on: May 09, 2007, 03:18:15 PM »

Beauty is in the eye of the owner.  :wink:

I like the looks of the 2G too... and the 1G. But of course my 3G is the most pleasing to my eye.  :bandit:

You don't have a 3G though....I like the 3G (SACS) best with the 4G (WC&I Bandit) coming in a close second :lol:
Jamie K in Edmonton<br />06 B12S, Full Muzzy, Stage 1 jets, Timing Advancer