Author Topic: GSX-R1000 $12k OTD, dealer won't trade-in my 05 B12 (5K)  (Read 35312 times)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
GSX-R1000 $12k OTD, dealer won't trade-in my 05 B12 (5K)
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2007, 09:05:59 PM »
Quote from: "Sven"
Quote from: "ZenMan"
The Little Woman and I...

Just how little is she?

5' 2" 130 lbs. of sweet lovin' and fightin' spirit... I'm a lucky man, Sven.  :bandit:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2007, 09:18:40 PM »
:clap:

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2007, 09:39:04 PM »

Dread, #99 and I would like nothing better than to do some intensive test riding with you and your '06... one of us is gonna have to cross the border, how about I meet you half-way somewhere in Montana?  :bandit:

Not a half bad idea...near the end of June I'm riding out to the West Coast for some rider training (freshen up the skills) then have about 8 days free after that to go for a lil tour.

Seriously, when it comes to the torque on this B1250, you really have to ride it to get a grasp on it... it's quite amazing. Every review I've read raves about the torque, and when you see these test-guys who have ridden everything under the sun saying things like "the most grunt of any bike I've ever ridden", well.... all I can tell you is I agree with them.

Yeah that's my understanding...its also what has me interested in the B12.5

Taking nothing away from your '06 though... with your mods and top-end power it would probably come down to who's the better rider. It's just a matter of preference. I used to be a big high-rev HP fan, but when I twist the throttle on ol' #99 without even looking at the tach or knowing what gear I'm in, it accelerates like a turbo-jet every time. I'm finding this very easy to get used to...  in fact it's spoiling the crap out of me. :motorsmile:

You have to realize that the B12 is not a high rev engine either. It makes most of its torque down low and pulls hard to about 8.5K...after that it drops off fairly drastically. So its power curve is about 1K over the B12.5...pretty low for an inline 4...and that's what I like most about the B12, its a nice relaxed engine that has usable power from about 3K on up
Jamie K in Edmonton<br />06 B12S, Full Muzzy, Stage 1 jets, Timing Advancer

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2007, 10:39:44 PM »
Quote from: "CWO4GUNNER"
Do I always have to answer the obvious with you??
OK. Navy 8 years, Coast Guard 22 years. I said I had a carry permit because they asked me when I told them I was  retired law enforcement officer (LE). Now please don't ask me what the Coast Guard does..

Hey CWO... What does the Coast Guard do???  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Just wondered why you felt you had to tell us about your carry permit... seemed like some self-gratuitous attempt at insinuating you were a gun-totin' badass or some such nonsense.

Also had a few bow out of coming over when I told them I was a retired LE officer with a permit to carry.

Sorry for misjudging you so unfairly, bud... but it does sound a lot like something Barney Fife woulda said. Can't you just picture it? :roll:  :lol:

Most people consider the Coast Guard one of the branches of our military, like the National Guard. But hey, if you want to imply that you're an ex-cop than who am I to say differently?  :roll:

Seriously, thanks for your service and dedication. :wink:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2007, 10:57:26 PM »
Quote from: "Dreadnought"

Dread, #99 and I would like nothing better than to do some intensive test riding with you and your '06... one of us is gonna have to cross the border, how about I meet you half-way somewhere in Montana?  :bandit:

Not a half bad idea...near the end of June I'm riding out to the West Coast for some rider training (freshen up the skills) then have about 8 days free after that to go for a lil tour.

Well that would be great if we could hook up somehow. I have no idea what the near future holds for me as far as riding this summer... it mostly depends on how long it takes to get this shoulder back in shape. But I definitely plan on doing as much touring as I can, when I can.

I'd love to switch bikes with ya and test 'em out... as you know we didn't get any '06 Bandits down here in the states and it would be very cool to have the opportunity to ride one. And I think you'd have a real hoot on my '07 too. We'll just have to see how it works out I guess, it's too early for me to make any commitments. Keep me posted on your travel plans... maybe we could talk Stormi into meeting up somewhere along the way, too... :wink:

Offline Pod99966

• Board Regular!
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2007, 11:18:13 PM »
I don't know where the hell you guys are shopping, by my Suzuki dealer has not been able to even close thier eyes and imagine a 1250 on the show room floor.

I keep asking when they are going to get one in and they keep telling me that they don't even know if they are out yet.... :duh:

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2007, 11:39:52 PM »

Offline rkfire

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2007, 11:37:14 AM »
That doesn't make any sense. The assembly line is run more than a month a year. Any dealer not ordering them right away can get later built bikes. They ship continuously, NOT one ship and tell the US here's your supply.

More plausible is that dealer probably sells several makes. He orders the biggest sellers of each brand but decides he doesn't have room to store and display "niche" models. It's just a business decission, and he may have even had older Bandits sit around for years too. After all, you can still find leftover 2003-2005 Bandits at dealers still.

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2007, 12:19:31 PM »
Their is a mom & pop dealer up in Kingman AZ I do most my business with and they educated me that orders for the West Coast are placed in September for the following years model by each dealer who must decide if they want to carry the inventory. Inventories are then shipped to regional warehouses but belong to the dealer who made the order. If no order is made by the deadline, no more inventory is shipped for that model year and dealers must negotiate with other dealers who have stock on hand in the regional warehouse or on the showroom floor for a commission if the dealer agrees. Your dealers didn't place any orders because he didn't feel he could move the product and is just making an excuse.

Well, you might want to find another source for your "education" there, bud.

Designated shipments come into the U.S. as they are built off the assembly line. One batch will go to the U.K., one to Canada, then to the U.S. When they arrive in port they are distributed to the warehouses and those dealers who put their orders in first get priority. That's why there is a surplus here and a shortage there.... until they figure out what sells best where.

Dealers who sell more get proirity on the warehouse inventory. For example, Drinnon's in West Plains sold 2 B1250's in the first 2 weeks... so the warehouse immediately shipped another one to them... it's now on the showroom floor.

The next U.S. shipment will either be a batch of red standard models, or a batch of blue ABS models. I think Betty mentioned something about the ABS ones coming next, I'm not sure.

I'm just glad I ordered my B1250 last winter, so I got the color I wanted and didn't have to wait any longer...  :bandit:

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2007, 12:53:02 PM »
Quote from: "rkfire"
More plausible is that dealer probably sells several makes. He orders the biggest sellers of each brand but decides he doesn't have room to store and display "niche" models. It's just a business decission...

This what I have observed.  Here in Memphis, where we have 9-month riding season (unless you're a hardcore commuter like the Svenster), the dealerships sell two or three marques.  The Yama/Suzi dealer near me stocks only about three Suzi models:  M109, 'Busa, and Gixxer. The other local dealers have similar "depth" in each marque they sell.

In places where the riding season is long, the stores are bigger and they sometimes carry five manufacturers, but the depth of the models for each brand continue to be shallow.

The bikes come in big boxes that can be stacked in a warehouse, but inventory costs money upfront and makes nothing while it sits in warehouse crate or showroom floor.

So those of us who like a product that doens't sell as quickly have to work a little harder to find what we want and to get a good deal.
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2007, 01:07:41 PM »
...orders for the West Coast are placed in September for the following years model by each dealer...no more inventory is shipped for that model year and dealers must negotiate with other dealers...

That doesn't really match what I know about how ANY product is stocked, but it may be the way the network that  dealership uses works.

We know riceburners are packed into containers and shipped from Japan.  At port, the containers go on trains, barge,s or 18-wheelers until they reach a warehouse, which may belong to the manufacturer, or may belong to a cooperative of individual dealers, like the PowerSports Network.

It sounds like your dealer belongs to a cooperative that places orders less-frequently, and then trans-ships between dealers depending on what's selling where.  But once-a-year?  I'd find it hard to believe that represents the whole story.
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2007, 07:40:32 PM »
07 GSXR1000's from dealers on ebay.  Hmm... some low midwest prices.  Must be a scam.   :lol:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/2007-gsxr-1000_W0QQfromZR40QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3QQsbrsrtZd

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2007, 08:18:09 PM »
How comfy do you think that little cardboard seat is... especially for a 50-year-old butt?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Hey, there's a B1250 on Ebay too for under $8K.  Nice seat! :wink:

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2007, 08:39:45 PM »
:stir:    :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2007, 11:07:47 PM »