Author Topic: It's home at long last  (Read 9578 times)

Offline Caper#5

• TURBO TYPER!
It's home at long last
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2007, 10:35:44 PM »
Hope they get ya runnin' right!
2005 GSF 650S

Offline 06 Greyhound

• Board Homesteader!
It's home at long last
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2007, 09:44:18 PM »
Here we go.  
I took the bike into the shop last night.  While I was there the shop owner promised to come in early and look after my bike.   I mentioned that when I picked the bike up the tires were under inflated and the chain was dry, in addition to the poor running condition and that it was caked in dust.   Everyone agree that that was not right.  

I took my gear to work today, so that my wife could drop me at the shop and I could ride my bike home.  

Unfortunately they were much too busy to get to my bike today.  I had to call before leaving the office to find out that it was not ready.  They have promised to do it tomorrow.

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
It's home at long last
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2007, 12:13:53 AM »
Walt Healy in Calgary sold my son his bike and I have taken my other Suzuki there for service and always been impressed.

That's where mine came from too.....best deal BY FAR.....
I assembled and PDI'd mine myself but had them do the first inspection just to keep the warranty valid. They kept to their service appointment schedule and everything was aces. I can't say too many good things about them.....professional from first to last.
I hope you get your problems solved with no more pain.
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline 06 Greyhound

• Board Homesteader!
It's home at long last
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2007, 10:21:54 PM »
Day something or other.
I heard nothing today so I phoned to see if my bike was ready.
I was told that they put something called Carbon remover (?) in the bowls and are letting it sit over night.  So it's tomorrow before I see my bike.  They are optimistic that I will be able to ride this weekend.  I think I'll take my tire gage, just in case it happens.

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
It's home at long last
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2007, 04:28:19 PM »
Carbon remover

How can there any carbon that needs to be removed from a new bike ?? And especially from the carbs ?? Of course the stuff they may be using may be a general purpose kind of carbon/gum/degreaser type of stuff.....
If that's the case, that stuff will clean those bowls and any jets IN the bowls in about 5 minutes and sure doesn't need to sit "over night". Well, I hope everything turns out okay for you, greyhound......

Offline 06 Greyhound

• Board Homesteader!
It's home at long last
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2007, 12:49:16 PM »
I checked on the bike on Saturday afternoon and they started it after some struggling, and it seemed to be running alright.  I left it there so that they could start it again today and make sure it is running the way it should.
The Carbon remover was a general purpose product.  It is about 1/2 the price of Sea Foam, and it seemed to do the job.

Offline 06 Greyhound

• Board Homesteader!
It's home at long last
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »
It's home at long last.  
I had a long chat with the Suzuki Rep for our area on Saturday afternoon and it seems that he passed along my concerns to the local shop.
I went in this morning, and they had checked the bike over and had it warmed up and had actually taken it for a test run to make sure it was running. :duh:

It is running alright now, I think I will still put some Sea Foam in the tank, just to be on the safe side.  
I am really pleased to put an end to this saga.  Now I can start riding.  I wired up my heated vest and put about 50km on it this afternoon.  What a treat not to have issues in the back of my mind, and a fine machine under me.

Offline Caper#5

• TURBO TYPER!
It's home at long last
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2007, 08:26:20 PM »
Hey that's great news
2005 GSF 650S

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
It's home at long last
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2007, 10:30:43 PM »
:congrats: :motorsmile: :bigok: :motorsmile: :beers:  :motorsmile:  :beers:  :bigok: :motorsmile:  :banana:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
It's home at long last
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2007, 12:47:30 AM »
:congrats:  :beers:
Way to go, Greyhound!!! Hopefully that's the end of your problems and your Bandit will give you all the trouble-free miles they are capable of......if kept away from ham-fisted wankers. :grin:

Offline 06 Greyhound

• Board Homesteader!
It's home at long last
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2007, 10:20:58 PM »
Here we go again -  
I parked the bike for a week of cold weather and when I went to start it on Sunday, it was stalling and choking again, so I took it back to the shop on Wednesday and they have promised to take the carbs apart and really clean it up this time for sure.  
I'm getting really tired of this crap and would just like to be able to take advantage the odd nice day to go for a ride.  At least a bit farther than the bike shop.  
I am getting to know the road to shop pretty well.

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
It's home at long last
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2007, 10:35:21 PM »
You need to get yourself a Claymer manual and start leaning the basics so those kind of dealers wont screw around. Good thing I am not your neighbor because I would have them reeling, I hate to see petty crap like this happen and it get my blood boiling. Find your self another dealer to get it serviced or call the regional Suzuki jerk and get some help with these jerks.
   The only time I have ever let a dealership touch anything I ride is when it was under free warranty and I would negotiate a repair time and insist on watching the work when if it was from the garage door, none of this over night crap. Man I wish I was there to go with you when they open and shake there cage.

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
It's home at long last
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2007, 10:39:49 PM »
You do realize that in cooler temps these beasts are extremely cold blooded in stock trim...I start mine without any choke at all and just use the throttle once it fires. Have to hold it a couple minutes at about 3Krpm then it'll finally come down to idle nicely. I'm hoping that the jet kit fixes this issue, if not then I'll have the VistaCruise to hold the rpms up while its warming up :wink:
Jamie K in Edmonton<br />06 B12S, Full Muzzy, Stage 1 jets, Timing Advancer

Offline 06 Greyhound

• Board Homesteader!
It's home at long last
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2007, 10:41:21 AM »
Quote from: "CWO4GUNNER"
You need to get yourself a Claymer manual and start leaning the basics so those kind of dealers wont screw around. Good thing I am not your neighbor because I would have them reeling, I hate to see petty crap like this happen and it get my blood boiling. Find your self another dealer to get it serviced or call the regional Suzuki jerk and get some help with these jerks.
   The only time I have ever let a dealership touch anything I ride is when it was under free warranty and I would negotiate a repair time and insist on watching the work when if it was from the garage door, none of this over night crap. Man I wish I was there to go with you when they open and shake there cage.

This is a brand new bike !  I will continue until they actually get it running, and then they wil never see me or the bike again.   I did talk with the area rep for Suzuki at the bike show and he did talk to these guys.  I think that is why they are doing the carbs without making it an issue.

The real lesson for me is that I should have followed my first instinct and gone to Walt Healy's even if it would cost me an extra couple of hundred, and honestly it would have only been an extra couple of hundred.

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
It's home at long last
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2007, 12:35:32 PM »
I have one dealer up here Kingman Suzuki Az are wonderful people very small mom & pop place, everything out in the open, honest and great service. Iv had allot of bad dealer experiences myself and going to bat for my people that worked for me before I retired, so these type stories put me at GQ. Glad to hear you have a handle on it though.