Author Topic: Kawasaki ZX 1400  (Read 8366 times)

Offline jbrough7

• Highway Goddess
  • Board Homesteader!
Kawasaki ZX 1400
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2006, 06:40:51 AM »
Quote from: "Red01"
And in case you don't recall Suzuki's RF900:

I've always been intrigued by the RF.  Still kicking myself for not going for one in michigan last year in a nice blue with really low miles.  Just didn't want the hassle of getting it across the border, I guess.

Seems like that bike was pretty sporty and yet could tour okay...was it the precursor to the bandit, sort of?

they're really rare up here as i've never even seen one on the road.

jim

Offline Bob Holland

• Board Homesteader!
Kawasaki ZX 1400
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2006, 09:30:12 AM »
Quote from: "jbrough7"
I've always been intrigued by the RF.  Still kicking myself for not going for one in michigan last year in a nice blue with really low miles.  Just didn't want the hassle of getting it across the border, I guess.
Seems like that bike was pretty sporty and yet could tour okay...was it the precursor to the bandit, sort of?

jim

Look at my Web Site, I won a lot of races on a 94 RF 900 with a 990cc kit and cams from a water cooled GSXR. Surprised a lot of ZX 9s and ZX 11s, at the track :motorsmile:
If I didn't have a Suzuki, I would have a Kawasaki

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Kawasaki ZX 1400
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2006, 10:34:42 AM »
Quote from: "jbrough7"

Sort of, I guess. A little sportier than the Bandit, but not as sporty as the race-rep GSXR. A GT bike, perhaps? They aren't real commonplace around here either and weren't ever a real big seller. I've only seen a few of them over the years. I think the last time I saw one was 3 years ago at a big sportbike ride one of the dealers put on around here - and a few oddball bikes you don't see too often showed up, like a Yamaha GTS1000 and a shiney chrome/polished out Ducati Monster
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Kawasaki ZX 1400
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2007, 12:54:16 PM »
Quote from: "Mongo"
Sweet!  :bigok: I'm hoping the rumor/photoshop in Cycle World is based on fact. I'd love to have one with taller bars, bags and shaft drive... I think that'd bump the FJR from the top of my wish list.

:motorsmile:

I can see it now the ZX 14 Concours! :duh:  :duh:

:stickpoke:  Yes, you can.  :wink:
So far, just pics, but Kawi should be shipping them out soon. Only difference is it'll be called the Concours 14 in the USA & Canada and the GTR1400 in Europe & Down Under.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Mongo

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Kawasaki ZX 1400
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2007, 03:51:31 PM »
Turbo Bob has been a busy boy since he purchased his 14 a little over a year ago. It went from Bone Stock to a Turbo Charged Monster with some trick Ohlin Suspension!

I wish I had that kind of Green.

02 1200 Fighter
Do chickens fly? Yea and a Hell of a lot faster than reindeer!!!!

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Kawasaki ZX 1400
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2007, 04:31:45 PM »
Must be nice to have that kind of green!  :bigok:
I guess he had to do that to keep up with your Bandit, right.  :wink:

If I had that much spare change, I'd probably use the money from the turbo mod for another bike.
Like women with purses & shoes, you can't have too many.  :motorsmile:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
Kawasaki ZX 1400
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2007, 07:43:29 PM »
Like women with purses & shoes, you can't have too many.

How many women with purses and shoes do you have?  Are they allowed any other clothing, or just accessories and the occasional pearl necklace?
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Kawasaki ZX 1400
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2007, 10:47:38 PM »
Quote from: "Sven"

How many women with purses and shoes do you have?  Are they allowed any other clothing, or just accessories and the occasional pearl necklace?

He hee! Hell, just skip the purses and the shoes... unless they got them stocking's with the line up the back...  :evil1:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline Mongo

• Board Homesteader!
Kawasaki ZX 1400
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2007, 11:04:22 PM »
Quote from: "ZenMan"
Quote from: "Sven"

He hee! Hell, just skip the purses and the shoes... unless they got them stocking's with the line up the back...  :evil1:

02 1200 Fighter

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Kawasaki ZX 1400
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2007, 05:50:56 AM »
You've taken that for a ride befor,havn't you Mongo? How much difference does 3K of Ohlin's make?(not that I can afford 3K in suspension)  
  Sweet bike! Looks good,comfortable ergos,all the power you could want,and the top of the line suspension.
             Dan

Offline Mongo

• Board Homesteader!
Kawasaki ZX 1400
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2007, 09:57:05 PM »
Quote from: "smooth operator"
You've taken that for a ride befor,havn't you Mongo? How much difference does 3K of Ohlin's make?(not that I can afford 3K in suspension)  
  Sweet bike! Looks good,comfortable ergos,all the power you could want,and the top of the line suspension.
             Dan

I've had the opportunity to ride that bike a few times but the last time on it I could not make it out of the parking lot for some reason the ride position put me into a severe amount of pain in my left hip! I mean it was deadly the joint felt like it was going to lock up, I guess I was not meant to ride sport bikes. I had the opportunity to ride Bob's Turbo ZRX 1200R before he sold it and that was a true kick in the ass (pulling the front wheel at 100 mph is nuts)

Could you imagine an injected turbo charged 1400, not that I will not try it again it's only pain!!!!!!!!!!!
02 1200 Fighter

dgc

Kawasaki ZX 1400
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2007, 12:36:08 AM »
sounds ridiculous...besides, i have no idea where would you take that beast of a bike anyhow.  not too many places to open it up around here.  from personal experience i found out that many (no, most) people cant ride a middleweight sportbike to its potential.
speaking of superpower, did anyone see (in magazines) that bike that a small company in CA (where else) builds, cusotmized streetfighter zx-10.  
this is the golden age for bikes, where do they go from here i dont know.  
but if they can extend the wheelbase an inch and produce zx-16 (mmm...), oh, im financing.

Offline Mongo

• Board Homesteader!
Kawasaki ZX 1400
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2007, 03:12:24 PM »
Quote from: "dgc"
sounds ridiculous...besides, i have no idea where would you take that beast of a bike anyhow.  not too many places to open it up around here.  from personal experience i found out that many (no, most) people cant ride a middleweight sportbike to its potential.
speaking of superpower, did anyone see (in magazines) that bike that a small company in CA (where else) builds, cusotmized streetfighter zx-10.  
this is the golden age for bikes, where do they go from here i dont know.  
but if they can extend the wheelbase an inch and produce zx-16 (mmm...), oh, im financing.

Just get a 14 with a 12" over arm
02 1200 Fighter