Author Topic: Riding position/ Adjustments to the bars?  (Read 5666 times)

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
Re: riding position
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2005, 11:19:55 PM »
Quote from: "mccstevie"
Was wandering what brand windshield that is your red Bandit. Where can I get one and a tank bra also? How has the taller shield helped at speed?

Saw a suzuki tank bra at the cycle shop in a shop here in Canada today for $70,... I'd think that should be around $45 for you guys?  maybe even less.
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline Slider

• Board Homesteader!
Riding position/ Adjustments to the bars?
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2005, 11:24:55 PM »
Quote from: "Desolation Angel"
I put Helibars on.  Almost infinitely adjustable.  Comes with longer steel braided brake line.  You may need longer clutch and throttle cables for maximum effect and to prevent binding.

By the by. How do you like your heli bars?  Could you tell us how far up and back you have 'em set. How tall you are would affect any of this, of course. I'm 5' 10" and find that I have too much weight on my wrists for long rides on two lane roads with traffic.

Thanks for anything you care to offer.
Bandit 12, Yoshi can, jets, KNN, Gen Mar risers, 3 Givi 36L hardbags

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2005, 11:34:05 PM »
Quote from: "stormi"
Saw a suzuki tank bra at the cycle shop in a shop here in Canada today for $70,... I'd think that should be around $45 for you guys?  maybe even less.

The tank bra for the 2G Bandit carries a $32.95 MSRP in the USA.
It's only $30.92 at Ron Ayers.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2005, 12:12:34 AM »
Quote from: "Red01"
Canada today for $70,... I'd think that should be around $45 for you guys?  maybe even less.

The tank bra for the 2G Bandit carries a $32.95 MSRP in the USA.
It's only $30.92 at Ron Ayers.

figures,... man do we ever get soaked for parts here.  Considering the exchange rate is 1.25 right now.... that says to me that we should be paying around $50 for it.  Starting to think a trip over the border to do a little shopping is in order.  Wouldn't take long to pay for the trip with a few accessories installed before returning across the border.  Problem is,.. there's not much for me in Montana (directly South of us.)
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2005, 01:05:36 AM »
Starting to think a trip over the border to do a little shopping is in order.  Wouldn't take long to pay for the trip with a few accessories installed before returning across the border.  Problem is,.. there's not much for me in Montana (directly South of us.)

We get lots of Vancouver area shoppers visiting us around here. I've even helped a few Canadian friends install their US bought parts before heading back home.  :grin:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2005, 01:38:46 AM »
Quote from: "Red01"
We get lots of Vancouver area shoppers visiting us around here. I've even helped a few Canadian friends install their US bought parts before heading back home.  :grin:

I don't doubt it!  That's awfully kind of you :)  too bad I wasn't thinking of grabbing some stuff last Nov when I was in Seattle for a quick vacation.... at the time, I didn't have enough time on her to determine what I needed and didn't.  I didn't have her with me, but even with duty I doubt it would have been as bad as retail up here.  For instance,.. the Tech4 dirt boots my BF wants are $270 here!  I've seen them online for half that from the states.
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
Riding position/ Adjustments to the bars?
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2005, 10:41:48 AM »
Quote from: "Mike Westbye"
Quote from: "Desolation Angel"
I put Helibars on.  Almost infinitely adjustable.  Comes with longer steel braided brake line.  You may need longer clutch and throttle cables for maximum effect and to prevent binding.

By the by. How do you like your heli bars?  Could you tell us how far up and back you have 'em set. How tall you are would affect any of this, of course. I'm 5' 10" and find that I have too much weight on my wrists for long rides on two lane roads with traffic.

Thanks for anything you care to offer.

I'm 5'8.  Got the bars as high as they'll go.  I guess I'm up 3 inches, but haven't measured.  I'd say I'm 3 or so inches back.  Would go farther by angling the grips in towards the tank more, but my throttle cable is binding; need longer one.  The way I have it right now, if I turn the forks all the way to the left it tugs on the throttle cable and the engine races.  An inch or two longer cable will make all the difference.

I like them way better than stock.  It was great that the kit came with a longer steel braided brake line, but it needed to come with a longer clutch and throttle cable, too, to give full flexibility.  Position issues won't be completely solved until I get longer cables.