Author Topic: My '05 1200/SZ, What do you think?  (Read 7169 times)

Offline kevinfromrex

• Board Homesteader!
My '05 1200/SZ, What do you think?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 05:14:54 PM »
this is the third time today Ive come back and looked at the pics.........................., still schweet!
2001 Suzuki GSF600S

Offline LensWork

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://home.earthlink.net/~lenswork/
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2006, 12:42:41 PM »
Quote from: kevinfromrex
this is the third time today Ive come back and looked at the pics.........................., still schweet!

Thanks, I appreciate the kind remarks.
Thanks,

Mike
LensWork

Offline Rocketjock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2006, 04:41:05 PM »
Checking out Two Brothers...have got a guy telling me I have to put at least stage 1 carb kit in and even reset the float levels. Did you do this?
06 B12
Lovin my Bandit
07 KLR.
Too much fun!

Offline LensWork

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2006, 05:12:24 PM »
Quote from: Rocketjock
Checking out Two Brothers...have got a guy telling me I have to put at least stage 1 carb kit in and even reset the float levels. Did you do this?

I did have the Holeshot Stage 1 jet kit installed. I did so a couple of days after installing the pipe. The bike ran fine with the pipe before the jet kit was installed. Two Brothers claims that you do not have to install a jet kit with their pipe, but without the jet kit, the pipe, like any other pipe, really won't add much performance to the bike, just a lot of noise! Some will probably caution you that adding a pipe without a jet kit will make the bike run too lean, possibly leading to long-term damage.
Thanks,

Mike
LensWork

Offline Rocketjock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2006, 11:18:15 AM »
There's the rub..."just a lot of noise". I want to hear more engine, for sure, but not too much. Are you saying that this can is really loud?
06 B12
Lovin my Bandit
07 KLR.
Too much fun!

Offline LensWork

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2006, 11:56:22 AM »
Quote from: Rocketjock
Are you saying that this can is really loud?

No not too loud. Certainly not as loud as a D&D for example. It has a nice rumble at idle, a nice growl at normal cruising speeds, a loud bark when you really twist the throttle.
Thanks,

Mike
LensWork

Offline 00to60

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006, 10:43:11 PM »
Beautiful Bike!!!!!!!!!! :motorsmile:
The only thing that matters is how fast you can get from 0 to 60, because top speed is secondary

Offline LensWork

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006, 11:35:33 PM »
Quote from: 00to60
Beautiful Bike!!!!!!!!!! :motorsmile:
Thanks,

Mike
LensWork

Offline Rocketjock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2006, 10:11:02 AM »
Ordering the Two Brothers this morning. Holding off on the Carb kit till I ride it for a bit.
06 B12
Lovin my Bandit
07 KLR.
Too much fun!

Offline Banditclimax

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: My '05 1200/SZ, What do you think?
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2006, 12:00:31 PM »
Quote from: "LensWork"
Just got done with a few mods on my 2005 1200/S Limited Edition, and wanted the members opinions:

Mods:

Holeshot Stage 1, Two Brothers Racing can, Zero Gravity Double Bubble windscreen, Manic Salamander Dragonfly bar-end weights, Pro Grip blue 719 grips, blue wheel rim stripes, blue anodized aluminum valve stem caps

Very nice!  I have the same bike, and have added a lot of extras already, but not done yet.  I hope you are working on losing that big hunk of black plastic bolted to the underneath of your tail.  I already have, and man-O-man, what a difference.  I could send you a picture if you're interested.  You've done some great simple additions, but installing a clean undertray, and looking at your bike from the sides, and especially the rear, you just stand back and go YEAHHHHHHH BABY! :banana:

2005 B1200S
"High is dry, and white is right".  Wise advice given to me by a CHP motorcycle officer, after he watched me go down upon hitting diesel fuel on a freeway interchange.  From another experienced rider, "ride the bike, don't let the bike ride you".

Offline LensWork

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2006, 05:51:14 PM »
Quote from: "Rocketjock"
Ordering the Two Brothers this morning.

I am sure that you will like the Two Bros. One note on the install. The instructions say to mount the hanger BEHIND the passenger footpeg bracket. This is incorrect. The strap must be secured to the FRONT of the bracket. If it is mounted behind the bracket, there is not enough clearance for the swingarm. I can post a close-up image of how the hanger should mount if you like.
Thanks,

Mike
LensWork

Offline LensWork

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2006, 06:06:07 PM »
Quote from: "Banditclimax"

I hope you are working on losing that big hunk of black plastic bolted to the underneath of your tail.  I already have, and man-O-man, what a difference.  I could send you a picture if you're interested.  

Yeah, post a pic.
Thanks,

Mike
LensWork

Offline Banditclimax

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2006, 08:40:45 AM »
Quote from: "LensWork"

I hope you are working on losing that big hunk of black plastic bolted to the underneath of your tail.  I already have, and man-O-man, what a difference.  I could send you a picture if you're interested.  

Yeah, post a pic.

Hey Mike, I'll post one ASAP.  I sure enjoy looking at you your bike in this photo.  You caught the lighting, background, and angle just right.   :crybaby:  I'd be green with envy if I didn't have one, but oh yeah, I DO! :banana:
"High is dry, and white is right".  Wise advice given to me by a CHP motorcycle officer, after he watched me go down upon hitting diesel fuel on a freeway interchange.  From another experienced rider, "ride the bike, don't let the bike ride you".

Offline Rocketjock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2006, 08:35:13 PM »
Also ordered up the sound reducing tip. A big 2 Dbs. Big deal. But it'll look really cool in that gold anodized color.
06 B12
Lovin my Bandit
07 KLR.
Too much fun!

Offline Mongo

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2006, 10:40:10 PM »
 I hope you are working on losing that big hunk of black plastic bolted to the underneath of your tail.  I already have, and man-O-man, what a difference.  YEAHHHHHHH BABY! :banana:

2005 B1200S

Lost mine and loved the look!
02 1200 Fighter
Do chickens fly? Yea and a Hell of a lot faster than reindeer!!!!