Author Topic: My 06 1200S  (Read 9619 times)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
My 06 1200S
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2006, 02:03:01 PM »
Quote from: "H2RICK"
Way to go, Dreadnought !!! Looks great....although I may be a mite prejudiced. :grin:
Glad to see you went with the REAL Bandit we all know and love. :beers:
Say, guys, why don't we ALL spend 5 or 6 days riding our brains out on the Monashee (BC#6) and the Kaslo/New Denver (BC#31A) and the Creston/Kootenay Bay (BC#3A)
roads ??? :grin:
I LOVE those roads.

I love 'em, too!!! Went there last year! Click here for the story - with pics, of course.

Sounds like a great idea, I'd love to ride 'em again (and again, and again...) but for me, it'll have to wait until after the snow thaws since I'm still over here in the land of frogs.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
My 06 1200S
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2006, 01:41:44 PM »
Paul: Great writeup and pics, although I'm wondering about the lack of description of the GREAT riding on the BC3A from Creston alongside the lake up to the Kootenay Bay ferry. That is my second all-time favourite riding road....unless you were caught up in a bunch of cages, which CAN happen on there.
Too bad you turned south at Balfour after you got off the ferry. BC31 that goes north from Balfour to Kaslo is fantastic for the first half or so.....and then you get a "decompression" stretch for the last part on into Kaslo. Then out of Kaslo is the fabulous BC31A with new pavement in the middle third just this year, fairly new pavement on the west third and old pavement badly needing replacement on the east third....but still a fantastic ride overall.
This road was voted Canada's best riding road by a poll in some bike mag this past year....and it certainly deserves the title, IMO.
I will definitely be on all of those roads again next year. See you at the Toad Rock motorcycle campground on BC31!!!
.....if you escape from Frogland, that is!!!
Hey, I just noticed....toads....frogs....is there some kind of weird synergy or something happening here ??? :grin:  :grin:
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline 06 Greyhound

• Board Homesteader!
My 06 1200S
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2006, 10:29:57 PM »
Quote from: "H2RICK"
We are planning to trailer the bikes out to the west coast of the Island

Excuse me ???? Trailer your bike over some of the best riding roads in the WORLD ??? Am I missing something here ???

Yes you are missing the wife, three dogs, two kayaks, and two surf boards, and all the gear for a two week stay.  The trailer is a compromise to keep piece in the family, and do some awsome riding along the way.

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
My 06 1200S
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2006, 01:34:12 PM »
Yes you are missing the wife, three dogs, two kayaks, and two surf boards, and all the gear for a two week stay. The trailer is a compromise to keep piece in the family, and do some awsome riding along the way.

OK, greyhound....I've got it now.....and, having been married to the same gal for 34+ years I can completely understand.
Well, you'll still get to ride all the roads on the island one way or another..... :grin:
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline Snubnose

• Board Homesteader!
  • Cos For why?
My 06 1200S
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2007, 11:01:34 PM »
Quote from: "Dreadnought"
Thanks Bazza looking forward to meeting up there come spring :grin:

You wont be looking for Bazza on a Bandito anymore, he'll be on his Spanking new FJR!. I'm the one with the silver helmet and silver B12 with holeshot and newly aquired...GEL SEAT! :banana: (finally)

If in doubt, look for my wife on her 02 Blue B6!
SNUBNOSE, Alberta, Canada
2003 B12S - Silver
Stock 06' pipe
3 shims on each needle
Zero gravity SR
Sw Motech rear rack - V46 Top case
PAIR Block off Kit
Salamander Bar Ends
007 special license plate feature ;)

We are not what we think we are, We are not what others think, but rather, we are what we think others think we are!