Author Topic: new member  (Read 2820 times)

Offline dimitry

• Board Regular!
« on: April 02, 2006, 11:31:33 AM »
Hi.

Picked up yesterday my first bandit 1998 600cc blue :) I ve previously owned an array of diferent bikes (currently 2 honda magna v44, 82 and 86).

Bought the bandit from ebay for 900 bucks, with 36 k miles in it.  Ofcourse for that price, it didnt run when i purchased it.

After some work in the carbs n clean gas, starts and runs.. ok. seems like the timing chain is a bit noisy but otherwise it sounds good.

I live in the outsides of phili (soutwest) and have a lot of work to do on the bike but man i m happy :)

thanks

Dimitry.
1998 bandit 600
36 k miles.
in or arround Phili PA

Offline zeebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 01:03:48 PM »
dimitry: Welcome and hope you get the bike sorted out without too many problems. :beers:
Free thinker and proud to be a member of a board that let's me be one.

Offline vadim

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 06:07:41 PM »
Welcome to the group.  This board is one of the perks of owning a bandit.  You get excellent support from a lot of experienced owners.  

-Vadim

P.S.  Took my bandit out of storage yesterday, changed oil and went for a "two hour" ride this morning.  Came back well into the afternoon.  Got hungry...
'01 600s

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 09:23:27 PM »
:welcome: Dimitry

Watch the Northeast forum.  We occasionally get some Bandits together for local rides.

BTW, Vadim - my day was much the same.  Was out far longer than I expected.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline theroamr

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 09:47:11 PM »
Welcome, once you get the engine runnin well, chime in to update your most likely weary suspension. For a few bucks your suspension can be dramatically improved. My friend has a 97 b-6 and we updated his suspension front and rear for about 100 bucks.
We don't need more sensitivity training, we need DE-sensitivity training. Too many people with skin so thin you can see their quivering, sensitive little bones just waiting to be offended.

Learn to take a punch!!!

Offline dimitry

• Board Regular!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 11:23:41 PM »
Thank you everybody for the welcome :)

i ll hopefully get the parts to stop the oil leaks.  is amazing that the bike can leak from so many places.

can`t wait till is runing !

thanks
Dimitry
1998 bandit 600
36 k miles.
in or arround Phili PA