Author Topic: On the road again  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Barbarian

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.straightdope.com
On the road again
« on: April 08, 2008, 05:43:45 PM »
Hahahahaha! I am back on the road! Weee!

Of course, I would have been on the road Sunday except I left my motor oil and filter at home when I went to get my bike out of my in-laws' garage. And somehow, over the winter, I lost the nuts and bolts that attach the battery to the terminals, so I had to make a trip to Canadian Tire to find something suitable as a replacement. But that's all done and I hit the road yesterday. Yeehaw!

:toocool: :banana2: :bikeflip:

The bad news is that the new pants I bought are just too damn big.
I tried on a pair in a store -- too big, so I thought I'd go a size down. I measured myself,  checked against the website's sizing chart, I checked against the manufacturer's sizing chart, but they're too big. Too much room around the waist unless cinched as tight as they get, the knee protectors push down my boots, and just generally saggy all around, especially if I take out the winter liner. Ah well. I'll make a post-office run tomorrow.   
2006 650 Bandit S w/ABS

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
Re: On the road again
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 08:00:10 PM »
Wow, it's been a tough winter for you.  Lost your nuts and now your pants are too big.  I won't even ask how you measured yourself.  But anyway, good to hear you're out of hibernation and ready to roll again. 
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car