Author Topic: Riding alone ?  (Read 6273 times)

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Riding alone ?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2005, 11:40:24 AM »
Quote from: "buggyho"
I've taken many solo trips to Arkansas on my bike. Now that my wife has become a better rider she usually goes with me. We met a guy from Oklahoma City on our way out to Laguna Seca who was riding out to the races alone on his Busa and then heading out to Alaska after the races. There's nothing wrong with riding alone as long as you keep the throttle in check and keep the maintenence up on your bike.

Cliff, long time. no see.....did you ride to Laguna Seca?  Wow, must've been some trip.  Perhaps we could hear the about it in Ark?

John
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Riding alone ?
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2005, 11:43:35 AM »
so JR, planning to ride now?  it should be a good time of the year considering the weather.  If you have the time, would be fun to go for it.

have a safe ride and will see you there.

John
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
Riding alone ?
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2005, 04:28:26 AM »
Quote from: "aussiebandit"
I once had a boss who would see the stress levels rising, and would pay me to go have an attitude adjustment. ( Man that boss was really cool)

As apposed to the boss you have now :lol:  :lol:

Well, I can hardly get an attitude adjustment riding courier work in the CBD. :crybaby: I could however nick off early, problem is, no pay.
And the other work don't pay while i'm out having fun. :crybaby:
And i'm a real prick to work for, just ask me. :duh:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline 12sdrag

• Board Homesteader!
Riding alone ?
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2005, 10:25:55 PM »
All great responses thanks for the feed back. The wife says ride if you want. 1100 miles in two days. I have a list of pros and cons, its about 50/50. I guess i`ll have to flip a quarter? Oh well, either way at least I get to go on a cool trip. :motorsmile:
It is what it is and thats all it is till it is no more

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Riding alone ?
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2005, 07:41:32 PM »
Do it! You've gotta give it a try at least once to see if it's for you or not, and 550 mile days are pretty easy to do on a Bandit.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline madmotorcyclist

• New user!
Re: riding alone
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2005, 08:27:44 PM »
I bought my B12 in August of 01 and have put 34,000 miles on it and another 12,000 miles on my KLR during that same period of time.  Ninety per cent of it has been alone.  Sure something can happen to you out there, but if you are on a motorcycle, you are part of a unique fraternity that willing lends a helping hand.  Twice, when I have been stranded with serious breakdowns, total strangers have stopped to see if they could help because they too were motorcycle riders and then gone home to get their motorcycle trailers and haul my bike to a place I could get assistance.  It's hard to beat that kind of camaraderie.  However, the next long trip I make, I will buy into a road side service.

Joe Grove
Jonesboro, Arkansas    :bigok:

Offline 12sdrag

• Board Homesteader!
Riding alone ?
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2005, 10:42:33 PM »
I`m going to ride my bike to AR. I`m not the problem. The wife is the one Who thinks it`s to far. But she`s cool now. Looking forward to the 1100 miles alone. :bigok:
It is what it is and thats all it is till it is no more