Author Topic: More Graphic Pics of Mean Road Rash, Etc.  (Read 2489 times)

Offline B6Matt

• Board Homesteader!
More Graphic Pics of Mean Road Rash, Etc.
« on: July 21, 2005, 09:24:16 AM »
Some pictures as an incentive to always wear your gear.  I KNOW none of you has a skid lid for a helmet, right?

(Don't you love the 18 year-olds who buy a repli-racer for a first bike?)

Clicky here ->WARNING: GRAPHIC (BUT NO FATALITIES)
'01 Bandit 600s in Blue (sold)
'02 Yamaha FZ1
'01 Suzuki DRZ 400e

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 09:31:52 AM »
I think that's the same series of pictures somebody posted here, a couple of years ago.

The heat is a big factor, right now.  Don't be tempted to take your stuff off!   You may be able to control how you ride, but you cant do much about the idiots that will cut you off....run a stop sign, etc.

Not to beat this to death, but I had a little 'get off' on mry DR650 on a dirt road, (with some gravel) about 10 days ago in Colorado.
  It was hot, I was on pretty deserted back roads, at slowish speeds.
  I almost took my jacket off...........
   I took a flier at around 15 mph.....and ended up with some mangled handlebars, a few scrapes, and a suspiciously sore ankle.
    Without the minimal gear I was wearing.....helmet, gloves, lace up combat type boots, jeans, and light, non-mtc type jacket....I might have been in worse shape, and not able to ride home.
  Certainly....REAL pants and jacket would have prevented the few scrapes I had.

You may have a spouse, friends, or some family members that aren't in favor of you riding a motorcyle.
   The less you get 'damaged', the less heat you will get!
  with the exception of severe accidents, involving you hitting solid objects, or vehicles running over you.....proper gear will reduce your injuries, and eliminate or shorten recovery times.
  Most of us intend to keep riding for a long rime.   This isn't a temporary thing.  Approach it like the 'life long' avocation many of us hope it will be.

(Any squid can wipe him self out a few days after buying a bike.  It takes a real RIDER to continue to ride, year after year.....)

Thus endeth the sermon........please turn your hymn books to 'Screaming Night Hog'............. :motorsmile:
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline B6Matt

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 10:30:12 AM »
Sorry to replow old ground, but it's those kinds of pics that run through my mind when I"m thinking it's too damn hot for those pants or "I'll just wear my running shoes, it's a short ride to Lowe's."

Most of us intend to keep riding for a long rime. This isn't a temporary thing. Approach it like the 'life long' avocation many of us hope it will be.

Amen, Bruddah.  Let's hope the life long is a long life too.
'01 Bandit 600s in Blue (sold)
'02 Yamaha FZ1
'01 Suzuki DRZ 400e

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 07:02:17 PM »
It's better to sweat than bleed.

Over at STN they have an acronym they use all the time and I like it.

ATGATT - All The Gear, All The Time
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 08:56:19 PM »
No Matt, no problem.  They were posted here a couple of years ago....I had made the topic sticky, then the pictures stopped displaying............
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......