Author Topic: Any good motorcycle shops in your area?  (Read 2847 times)

Offline 0to60

• TURBO TYPER!
Any good motorcycle shops in your area?
« on: August 31, 2006, 02:00:10 AM »
In case anyone of us are riding in the area and need a repair or want to order something. Is there a good motorcycle shop in your area you would refer us to?

In Memphis,TN there is a motorcycle shop called Motorcycle/ATV Parts and services. They are located at :3865 Winchester #5
                                                   Memphis,TN 38118
                                                   Phone number is (901) 366-4279
Their hours of operation are from 9a.m.-6p.m.

Also there is Boogies Custom Cycles located at 239 E.H. Crump Ave at (3rd Street and Crump Ave.) phone number is (901) 774-2349 and cellphone (901) 921-8714. They specialize in Katana parts (which is interchangable with the B6) as well as other japanese bikes. Their hours of operation are from 10a.m. to late( aronud 10 p.m.)

The staff at both of these locations are here for the customers and the love of motorcycles. Not to take a wad of money for little service. They a way cheaper then any dealership in the area.

If you want a dealership then there is Southhaven Kawaski and Yamaha (Also a Victory dealer). They are located at 8668 Whitworth Street (off Elvis Presely BLVD), Southhaven,MS  phone number is (662)393-2877.
The staff here is very good also and they also work with Suzuki and Honda motorcycles also.

These are my recommendations in this area. They are the only ones I allow on my bike.

:bigok:
The only thing that matters is how fast you can get from 0 to 60, because top speed is secondary

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 10:53:26 AM »
I've had good luck with a local shop in Edmond OK, John Judy, Road & Track.  He's done good work at a good price.  I've also had pretty good luck at many of the local dealers.  Although I had a falling out with the Suzuki dealer in Del City where I bought my bike over some srevice help I needed.....they have some feeling that their custmers aren't always very important.  But there is Performance Suz/Triumph in OKC and a couple more Suzi shops within an 2 hours of the metro.  I've had good luck with tires and accessories at other shops too.
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 11:28:47 PM »
Honestly out of the three bike shops in Wagga none are particularly brilliant.  If I had to pick one it would have to be Frontline (Moto Guzi Dealer).  They are the only ones that actually have any understanding of the term "Customer Service".

The Stable (Honda, Suzuki, KTM and Ducati) are about as helpful as an umberella in a Huricane, B&A Motorcyles are probably worse (although most people do concede that they have possbily the best mechanic in Wagga).

Wagga Bike Tyres (Freds) has the best tyre prices in the district, but you have to catch them when Mick is working, otherwise you run the risk of them damaging your rims.  Also, they only deal in cash - oh and don't be to worried if the change 'smells a bit funny' - it is generally accepted that Fred has a 'cash crop' on the side.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline amboman

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 07:39:12 AM »
I have 2 large dealerships in my town and I will only deal with one of them.  The other has such bad customer service that they just didn't seem interested enough to take my money when I wanted to purchase a new 06 B12.
  I was so disgusted that I went and bought a Honda and have stuck with that dealership since.  Can't sing the praises of the guys at the honda shop enough.
  I have been back a few times since I purchased my new machine and they still treat me with respect and are keen to please.  These guys actually stop and listen.

:beers:
Taken over by the dark side. Now riding a CB 1300 but visit my old bandit regular.

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 08:35:30 AM »
I have been back a few times since I purchased my new machine and they still treat me with respect and are keen to please. These guys actually stop and listen.

The Stable was like that when I first bought my B12 in '02.  You know it's amazing what a change in staff will do for customer service....in this case the change was all bad.....
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 05:52:31 AM »
Me I'm lucky bike shops everywhere, but sadly not all good. Some are good for supplying goodies, some are good at working on bikes, and some are just plain wankers. But the stand out guys are Dynoverks, even if its run by a yank, hi James :grin:  OCD, racing and for standard parts Mick Hone. Piston Broke are also hitting the mark, good second hand parts, and new stuff, keep up the good work Justin :wink:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 12:59:42 PM »
Can't sing the praises of the guys at the honda shop enough.
  I have been back a few times since I purchased my new machine and they still treat me with respect and are keen to please.  These guys actually stop and listen.

:beers:

I can say the same for Scona Cycle in Edmonton, the Honda dealer I deal with.  I buy most of my suzuki and KTM parts there too. (All the aftermarket stuff anyway.)  I have the General Manager of the store come up and hold doors open for me, and ask me how the Bandit is.  :lol:

They know me by name, and ask my opinion on gear/accessories that I've bought there.  (And even some that I haven't) And I haven't even bought a bike there!
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works