Author Topic: Finally got my Bandit  (Read 3878 times)

Offline gbw

• TURBO TYPER!
  • V-Strom at Deal's Gap
Finally got my Bandit
« on: March 15, 2010, 01:55:12 PM »
Got home early Sunday morning (1am) with my new-to-me 07 GSF1250SA. Was a heck of a trip.

Was away from home for 46 hours and 24 of that were driving. Plus the driving was through some pretty crappy weather between ChicagoLand and Northern VA. Pretty much rained the whole way. When it wasn't raining there was thick fog. When there wasn't thick fog there were high winds. And sometimes there were all three

Here is a shot just after I backed the trailer into the garage this morning. I was tired but very excited to have the Bandit in its rightful place

Sunday afternoon I had a chance to give her a bath. She was plenty dirty after 700+ miles in the rain across the PA and OH turnpikes.

Here's my son posing with our two-wheeled toys. As usual, Hudson has some kind of toy weapon. This time its a foam battle axe, a plastic sword and shield.

A friend of mine from the theGSresources.com has a tire changing party every spring and I can't wait.  This baby needs new shoes NOW!!!  I cut my finger on the steel belts sticking out of the rear tire while I was washing it.

I have a feeling I'm going to have a lot of fun with this bike. One last shot, then I need to go spend some quality time with the family that tolerates my obsession with these machines.

<br />2007 GSF1250SA (newly acquired)<br />1977 Suzuki GS750B<br />2008 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom (sold)<br />Lots of pics of my bikes, trips, and misc stuff here: http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd52/77GS750/

Offline tink

• New user!
Re: Finally got my Bandit
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 08:48:55 PM »
Congradulations on the new (used) Bandit 1250.  :congrats:

I just bought me a 2004 1200  :thumb:
http://www.photosbytink.com/Bandit/

TINK

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 09:42:18 PM »
So...do you like the blue as much as we hoped you would?
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline gbw

• TURBO TYPER!
  • V-Strom at Deal's Gap
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 01:14:11 AM »
So...do you like the blue as much as we hoped you would?
Wow, good recall on your part.  Thanks for asking.  I was really nervous leading up to picking it up that I would not like it all.  I've never had a blue vehicle before and I'm not fond of most blue bikes with a few exceptions like the blue/white 2005 Bandit and the old Wes Cooley GSs, but those aren't ALL blue.

Anyway, I liked it pretty well when I saw it.  Enough to buy it and put it on the trailer I guess.   I had resigned to live with it but I was still a little nervous.  But I'll tell you, once I got it home, washed it, and saw in the sunlight (it was rainy and overcast when I bought it) I really fell in love with it.  Its a rich dark blue.  Not bright at all.  But has a little metallic flake in it that really makes it sparkle.  The description "metallic graphite blue" suits it well.  I've stepped out to the garage several times during work today to look at it and a couple of times I had to sit on it and say "vroom, vroom!"

So, to answer your question, I hoped I would really like it a lot, and instead, I LOVE it!!!

Thanks again!
<br />2007 GSF1250SA (newly acquired)<br />1977 Suzuki GS750B<br />2008 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom (sold)<br />Lots of pics of my bikes, trips, and misc stuff here: http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd52/77GS750/

Offline Dink_1170

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 04:15:13 PM »
Congrats Greg

Dink
Old enough to know better, young enough not to care!!!
07 Bandit1250S - "Bonnie"
85 GSX1100EFF - "The Tractor"
82 GSX1100SZ - "Kitty"
82 GSX750SZ -"Lil Kitty"

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 09:22:20 PM »
So, to answer your question, I hoped I would really like it a lot, and instead, I LOVE it!!!

Win!

Offline dhcolesj

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 10:46:39 PM »
Yeehaa!!  CONGRATS on the bike purchase!!   :congrats: 

I got to get out on my nicely colored Blue, new front shod, Bike Today!!  Love it.  had a frightful time with the front tire (thanks to the front jack sliding out from under the bike after the tire/wheel was removed), but now its "on the road again"!
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!

'08 1250S Bandit

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 11:48:56 PM »
I got to get out on my nicely colored Blue, new front shod, Bike Today!!

After so many gloomy days, today was a great riding day in West TN.  I've been commuting for the past couple weeks, but today was the best so far.

Offline gbw

• TURBO TYPER!
  • V-Strom at Deal's Gap
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 10:28:49 AM »
Yeehaa!! ...the front jack sliding out from under the bike after the tire/wheel was removed...

Yikes!  That sounds scary.  Did it fall over???  I've had my other bikes jacked up like that a time or two and was always afraid what might happen if that jack (or 4x4 in my case) ever slipped out.

Offline dhcolesj

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 01:19:40 AM »
Nope, it didn't fall over sideways, just down.  Fortunately it went down slow, almost like slow motion.  hehe.  My son was worried to death I would say it was his fault, but it weren't, and I was scared it was going to fall on him (he was right down there were it was falling).   Fortunately one of the Jack Stands I have was on its side right by the kickstand.  I propped the kickstand tab (that part you use to put it down) on the jack stand and it sat there 'till I could get the two other jacks under it to jack it back up.  With the Wife, and son's help I got 'er off the ground. 
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!

'08 1250S Bandit