Author Topic: All this to ride the rear wheel!!!! Video  (Read 3138 times)

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
All this to ride the rear wheel!!!! Video
« on: August 17, 2006, 10:29:43 AM »
http://www.learntowheelie.net/lBalancepointignitioncutoutswitch.html
Anyone know of a good track school/course with instructor in the South east area???
 :duh: :beers:  :beers:

Offline Dave 02 1200

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 12:37:07 PM »
The ultimate poseur accessory!  Once upon a time a wheelie was the result if a failure to balance wheelspin and traction and the outcome was a poor run.  The guy who did the big wheelie was the big loser.  

Don't get me wrong. I like to lift the front wheel under hard acceleration as much as the next guy just to let my B 1200 "flex its muscles" but roll-on acceleration, not the wheelie is, the goal.  The wheelie just happens.  

The big long wheelie is just a stunt.  One might just as well learn to ride standing on the seat etc. to show off for the easily impressed.  I have no doubt that this gizmo would work but I would rather spend my money on more horsepower, gasoline, tires, etc.
Busa Shock
HS Stage 1 Jet Kit
Superbike Bars with Bar End Mirrors
Kriss Headlight Modulator

Offline Russtang

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://russruss.com
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 07:48:07 PM »
OMG, that is completely ghetto.  Especially for $100.  I can think of a few different ways to do this better with no stupid curb feeler dragging behind your bike.  Maybe I should start a business... :)

Offline KX5000

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 08:07:35 PM »
I don't know Russ, that thing looks awfully high tech.  Don't most of us have a similar device? I call it the throttle.
3 Kids
2 Dogs
1 Wife
NO problem!(yeah right!!)

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 07:23:02 AM »
When I was about 12-14 I baught a 100 Hodaka (worked it off unloading trailer loads of shrubs&trees) I used to practice wheels for hrs at a time. Seems like I have a hard time staying on that balance point.My son can take our quadrunner and ride all around the yard on 1 back tire. I quess I've never been much of a gymnastics guy. So I figure if I can't do it on a mat,why try it on a mtorcycle. And even though powering up a wheelie is easy on the Bandit,I just put on new tires. Hell, I don't even want to start out fast right now! I'll get going fast, but I got to make these tires last!
  Quess I must be a uncordinated cheapskate? Dan

Offline Old_n_Slow

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 08:52:53 PM »
The ultimate poseur accessory! Once upon a time a wheelie was the result if a failure to balance wheelspin and traction and the outcome was a poor run. The guy who did the big wheelie was the big loser.

Yep, that's old school and well educated old school. The unwashed see a wheelie and say "wow! " . They never see a true power run when the front tire just kisses the road surface, never more than an inch off it, like a stone skipping low over a pond. And, they'll never understand the big grin you get when you do it that way!
2009 KLR 650
2006 ST 1300

"you live and learn, or you don't live long"

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 10:06:12 PM »
>>Anyone know of a good track school/course with instructor in the South east area???<<

How 'bout the Kevin Schwantz course at Road Atlanta?

http://www.schwantzschool.com/