Author Topic: Some people shouldn't be able to write for a living  (Read 5388 times)

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
Re: Some people shouldn't be able to write for a living
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 06:01:36 PM »
Do most of those 800,000 people own land?  pay taxes?  Run companies?  Run public webservers that make them easy to track? 

Here's where we'd have a problem.  I would likely be more visible than a lot of them. :wink:

Now,.. if I had a wireless connection that was good anywhere, let my server here, and managed it remotely, lived in an RV and toured around, and didn't have to work for a living,.... hey,... I'm starting to like the sound of that.   Permanent vacation.... 
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 06:19:46 PM »
The irony is many of them have wised up in the past 20 years and are doing exactly that. I had a fried from Texas tell me that in his cattle community havening the aliens work the farms and cut production and wages providing great profits for the land and cattle owners when he was a kid. Now that he has grown up everyone in the community is complaining that too many of the aliens formed cooperatives buying large farms and working it themselves undercutting the traditional owners markets bids and cost. So you see where there is a will there is a way. I always told my kids that the only thing stopping them from reaching their goals is a lack of perspicacious desire. 

Do most of those 800,000 people own land?  pay taxes?  Run companies?  Run public webservers that make them easy to track?   

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 06:25:01 PM »
OK,.. this is where I'm confused,.. if you aren't a resident, how do you hold land?? Also,.. unlike a lot of these others,.. I really do care if I get kicked out,.. I don't wanna have to come back to the cold....  :iddi:
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 06:56:09 PM »
Well obviously they were sponsored by their employer, at least the rich ones were LOL. But on a separate issue last time I checked you don't have to be a citizen in this country to own land here, jumping through the hoops to get sponsored and naturalized is a different issue. I take it you work at home on your computer like my daughter does, she is a program writer for a company based out of San Fran but lives in Los Angeles and will soon be moving to Arizona. With your skills I would think that working for an American company here you telecommute then get sponsored by working your charm on the company sponsor you to help you make the move with a little creative justification.
    But even if you were here illegally, I cant imagine INS kicking the door down and taking you into custody and I bet people who live on the border have probubly been living and working illigally and INS doesn't even care and would never use the resources to chase down your persuasion anyway.
OK,.. this is where I'm confused,.. if you aren't a resident, how do you hold land?? Also,.. unlike a lot of these others,.. I really do care if I get kicked out,.. I don't wanna have to come back to the cold....  :iddi:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 07:02:12 PM by CWO4GUNNER »

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2007, 12:00:24 AM »
Well obviously they were sponsored by their employer, at least the rich ones were LOL. But on a separate issue last time I checked you don't have to be a citizen in this country to own land here, jumping through the hoops to get sponsored and naturalized is a different issue. I take it you work at home on your computer like my daughter does, she is a program writer for a company based out of San Fran but lives in Los Angeles and will soon be moving to Arizona. With your skills I would think that working for an American company here you telecommute then get sponsored by working your charm on the company sponsor you to help you make the move with a little creative justification.

I work from home, because it's my base.  I'm not a programmer ( anymore).  I do Server Administration, Network administration, Desktop Support, and training.  I have project management experience, but no certificate.  Not a lot I can do remotely.  I would have to be sponsored from the get go.

But even if you were here illegally, I cant imagine INS kicking the door down and taking you into custody and I bet people who live on the border have probubly been living and working illigally and INS doesn't even care and would never use the resources to chase down your persuasion anyway.

really??  I thought that was why they existed.  And why not go for the easier to get one,.. rather than the one they have to work to catch? 

The way I see it, I have a certain waiting period that I have to observe anyway.  I have a dog that wouldn't be able to "pass the entrance exam", and I wouldn't leave him here.  So, until he expires, I have time to work out a nice feasible way to move legally.
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 12:13:19 AM »
I work from home, because it's my base.  I'm not a programmer ( anymore).  I do Server Administration, Network administration, Desktop Support, and training.  I have project management experience, but no certificate.  Not a lot I can do remotely.  I would have to be sponsored from the get go.

The way I see it, I have a certain waiting period that I have to observe anyway.  I have a dog that wouldn't be able to "pass the entrance exam", and I wouldn't leave him here.  So, until he expires, I have time to work out a nice feasible way to move legally.

Well in life I think for most of us including myself, knowing something is possible and having the desire to do something about it are two different things, otherwise I would have lost these 20 pounds I have been resolved to loose a long time ago LOL.

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 12:39:46 AM »

Well in life I think for most of us including myself, knowing something is possible and having the desire to do something about it are two different things, otherwise I would have lost these 20 pounds I have been resolved to loose a long time ago LOL.

No lack of desire,.. just know that the time isn't -quite- right yet.  My sled dog isn't going to last much longer, and the move might kill him if the quarantine time away from all of us doesn't.  That's not a quality of life I will put him through.  So,.. once he's gone, which unfortunately isn't like to be much longer (a 13yr old sled dog is well past the average 8yr expectancy, and I can see him aging by the day these days.), then I'll start making plans in earnest.   
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390

Offline gyrogearcrunch

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 04:20:17 AM »
Hoo! Bailey is at best a "Shmuck" or a "Schweinhundt".

Please remember that it's the risk-takers that join organizations like FEMA or the local Emergency Management groups, fire rescue squads and ambulance squads. Just don't plan on being in the position of having to depend on members of these groups to have to save your sorry ass.

Herb

http://www.dallasobserver.com/search/events.php?oid=791990