Author Topic: Wanting BT-016...but who will ship?  (Read 3239 times)

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
Wanting BT-016...but who will ship?
« on: June 18, 2008, 12:51:07 PM »
I've decided that what I really want is to try running some Bridgestone BT-016 this year. Of course while it seems to be on sale everywhere in Canada here everyone is saying 'we're waiting for the rep' and 'it will be some time'. So any of your guys from Canada order tires from the US if so where? And you guys in the
US what online places seem to have the best price? (Usually the ones with the best price don't ship up here but thats easy to check out)
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Wanting BT-016...but who will ship?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 02:06:13 PM »
swmototires.com is always among the cheapest when I've checked - no idea on int'l shipping, tho. 

I've never taken them up on the offer but I believe Ron Ayers will still beat any on-line price by a buck and they have cheap shipping, at least domestically. 

Good luck!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Have Blue

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 03:21:54 PM »
I've been buying from tires unlimited these past few years.  Their prices are decent and the delivery times are short.  http://www.tiresunlimited.com/default.htm
03 B12 S
79 XS400

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 05:37:28 PM »
Ok it's confirmed NOBODY here has any, my favorite shop just switched to only selling pirelli, and the biggest tire retailer needed me to tell him what the BT-016 is...man sometimes its tough not to be jealous of you guys south of the border.
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline BanditoNova

• TURBO TYPER!
  • Love is . . . twisting the wrist!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 07:30:44 PM »
Don't know where in Eastern Canada you are but here in Ontario a favourite place is Zdeno's in Kitchener. They can usually get anything you want and ship it -for decent prices too. Might save a buck not paying duty etc. Or try Royal Distributing (assuming you haven't already)

http://www.zdenocycle.ca
http://www.royaldistributing.com

Personally I like the Metzler Roadtecs. They have been great so far. 10K km and barely worn.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 07:33:22 PM by BanditoNova »
This is where something witty and intelligent goes . . .

Offline orionburn

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 08:25:28 AM »
I ordered a set from Chaparral.com this week. They have good prices on the BT-016, but not so much on other tires. I got an email last night that says the rear shipped out already, but that the front is back ordered. Need to find out how long because I'm planning on putting these on before I do my track day so I need it soon.

My friend has ordered from Ron Ayers a lot of times and he keeps nagging me to buy from there. I ordered from Chaparral because I needed a few other items and they were one of the only places that carried everything I needed. They do offer free shipping on tires (in the US of course) but maybe they'll cut a good deal on shipping to Canada.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

87 FZR1000
03 Bandit 1200S

Offline CompFusion

• First Post! Be Gentle!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 09:37:11 PM »
Ok it's confirmed NOBODY here has any, my favorite shop just switched to only selling pirelli, and the biggest tire retailer needed me to tell him what the BT-016 is...man sometimes its tough not to be jealous of you guys south of the border.

The 016's are available from Kimpex but are not listed in the latest catalog. I had a set come in last week and are sitting on my shelf waiting to get installed once the current 020" get bad enough.

03 Bandit 1200S
Dyno jet kit
Yosh RS3

Offline orionburn

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 08:21:45 AM »
I got my ship notification from Chaparral last night so my front tire is now on it's way as well. If you aren't having luck anywhere else give them a try.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

87 FZR1000
03 Bandit 1200S