Author Topic: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!  (Read 252974 times)

Offline rmtcook

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!
« Reply #540 on: June 07, 2007, 11:08:06 PM »
:welcome: to the neighborhood you Barbarian!!  :taz:
Bob
2003 Naked B12
Givi A600 Windscreen
Givi E36 Topcase
Ramsey, New Jersey

Offline banditone1250s

• Board Homesteader!
Another Newbie!!!!
« Reply #541 on: June 08, 2007, 07:38:31 PM »
I joined the site around a week or two ago and was so exited to find a Bandit Forum that I absolutely forgot to introduce myself.

So I guess, that it is time for me to do just that.

My name is Eddie and I have recently aquired a new 2007 Bandit 1250s. I have riden every thng in the last 30 years from a Honda 250 Elsinore (motocross is where I started), a Honda 350 Super Hauk, a Honda CB750, a Honda 750 Night Hauk, a Yamaha V-Max To where I am today on the Bandit.

I live about 2 miles south of Nashville, Tennessee; Ridin' distance to the Dragon, in a little town called LaVergne, Tennessee. LaVergne, Tn is very near (about 1 mile) from where Jason lives. He is also a participant in this forum. I have to say that I have already gotten immense enjoyment out of riding the Bandit. It's just a great bike all around.

I do have riding buddies, but I am always ready and willing to meet "new" riders and new places to ride to. I love East Tenessee and Western North Carolina. That has to be some of the most beautiful places in the country. I have riden the Dragon on several occassions but a always willing to do it again. Looking foward to getting to kow all of you. Thanks for the great forum....Banditone1250s...
There is a thin line between fear and respect...feel free to drift across it every now and then...

Offline banditone1250s

• Board Homesteader!
posting twice!!! Hummmm!!!
« Reply #542 on: June 08, 2007, 07:40:26 PM »
My bad. Maybe I did introduce myself and couldn't remember. Any way, I did feel a little more comfortable doing it after I had been on here a couple of weeks....so there you go!!!! Banditone1250s...
There is a thin line between fear and respect...feel free to drift across it every now and then...

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #543 on: June 08, 2007, 07:43:44 PM »
:welcome: to Barbarian... and a belated  :welcome: to Banditone's belated intro.  :bandit:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline Nitro

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #544 on: June 08, 2007, 09:39:43 PM »
Welcome guys.
97 Bandit 1200S

Offline banditone1250s

• Board Homesteader!
Welcome
« Reply #545 on: June 08, 2007, 11:31:30 PM »
Thanks for the welcome guys & girls...I look foward to getting to know you all and maybe even ride with some of you too!!!!...Banditone1250s... :taz:

Offline SHEPPO

• Board Regular!
« Reply #546 on: June 18, 2007, 08:28:58 PM »
G'day all,

My name's Dave, I'm 22 and have just recently purchased my first road bike, a 1990mdl (2004 imported) Bandit 250, 45hp version. It's all black, 30,000km and is my new love.

I use to live on the Mornington Peninsula, in the state of Victoria, Australia. Lovely place and within 1min to the beach and windy costal roads. I've since moved away from the water (now 10min away) but have my own house with my lovely girlfriend Yolanda.

I'm a mechanical engineer by trade, and design medical tables for chiro's, physio's and hospitals (i do all the frame and articulation design, not the electronics).

I own 1 of 110 genuine Subaru RS-Turbo Liberty station wagons ever sold here in australia, and have been no stranger to very quick cars, having built a 12second street car for myself when i was 19, and been involved in the building of many others since then.

I've always been into bikes, riding dirtbikes for ages, but thought i'd get a nice road bike to ride to and from work, and the nice sunday ride with mates. I plan to sell the B250 when off my restrictions and buy a B1200 as i've always wanted one!

Thanks for reading, and this is a top forum!

Cheers

Dave
Sheppo..

1990 Black Bandit 250 - stock (at the moment)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #547 on: June 18, 2007, 08:52:52 PM »
:welcome: Sheppo!

We have the world's only 250 Bandit forum here (so they say!) and I'm guessing you alreay found it, mate!  :bandit:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline Willie

• New user!
    • Flickr
NooB
« Reply #548 on: June 19, 2007, 01:08:42 AM »
New to the site, but not motorcycles. Taking delivery of my 1250S (Black of course!) on Wednesday. Me, well I started riding in the alley behind our house on a Zundapp 250 Super Saber in 1962. Worked my way up from there. Hired as a testrider for U.S. Suzuki from 1969-74 and Yamaha International from 1976-77. Raced, my AMA Novice year 1974 and 75. Lot of racers killed those 2 years. Quit riding Pro. Not a lot of "old" testriders in the industry either. Hired by The Palm Springs Fire Department in 1978, retired in 1997 and moved to Idaho. I had given up riding in 1985 when my first daughter was born (wanted to be around to see her grow up). Started riding again in 1998. Have had too many motorcycles to list here. Looking forward to wearing out the Bandit!  :stfu: OK, Done now!!!
Willie
'07 1250 Bandit (Black)
'06 650 VStrom (Blue)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14934865@N07/

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #549 on: June 19, 2007, 01:34:00 AM »
:welcome:  Willie!

That's a great history you have... I'm sure all your experience will be appreciated here.  :bigok:

BTW, don't forget to check in here:

http://forums.banditalley.net/viewtopic.php?t=9248

Offline Carl_T

• New user!
    • http://www.carlt-artwork.com
« Reply #550 on: June 21, 2007, 07:09:34 PM »
Hi Guys,
I'm new to the site, but not to riding. Located in the Hudson Valley NY.

Used to race semi pro MotoX in my younger years. Learned to slide in the dirt on a Triumph Tiger Cub in my teens. Started dirt racing on a Honda CB160 riding scrambles, got a few first places, liked it and got a real machine for the task and went to MotoX. raced lots of stuff, Pentons, Kawasaki, Greeves, BSA, OSSA, Honda, Bultaco, CZ, etc. almost got an English James together and running  way back when but not quite.

I recently sold a Honda ST1300 I purchased new, for a new SV1000S. Then sold that and picked up an SV650N which I love and still ride. My wife has her own Kawasaki Ninja 250, but occasionally has arm bursitis issues that make it tough for her to ride it. She asked for another two up bike for those times, and so I came to my used 2005 Bandit 1200S (I think from a former forum member perhaps named Mathew). Best bike for the money we had to spend on one.

We just got a Russell Day Long Saddle for her, and so far after 200 mi. of hard back road pounding, neither of us even know we've been sitting down it's so comfortable. It's an old man's seat (I'm an old man 61yrs. old, been riding since I was 16) since the side wings don't allow for hanging your butt off inside. It's still easy to get head and shoulders inside, and the pace is plenty brisk with that position anyway. Besides my wife can see around me better if my butt is planted dead center. My buddies tease me that I've made a Gold Wing out of the Bandit, but a few of them still have STs so they can't talk too loud about it.  :roll:

I didn't expect to like the bike more than it being just OK, and purchased it more for what you seemed to get at a price point. However the bike is a bit of a sleeper and a good deal more fun than I expected.

It could use a bit more beans two up, but it is decent enough. Mine has aftermarket fork springs, Holeshot can, ignition advancer,  GSXR camshaft, and jet kit, and it goes along well enough to do the job. with passenger and luggage and upright riding position (bar risers came with) you kind of weight back wheel a bit more than some bikes, but it handles quite well two up to the suspension's limits (which is limited). Perhaps a good shock next year.

It has one tooth less up front and I'm changing back to stock. I'm always looking for 6th gear on it, and it definitely vibrates pretty good. I need to do a carb sync I think.

With the 6th gear and vibration counter-balancers on the new one, I'm a bit jealous of the guys with the new 1250, but not of the payment book.

We do have a great time riding it, and overall I wouldn't trade my former ST1300 for the Bandit. That bike was certainly better in a number of ways, and about as fast, but just far too heavy for my liking. I never was ga ga over the STs weather protection though anyway, and the electric windscreen was more novelty than necessity to me.

If I had a 6th gear in this Bandit, and the counter-balancers, I'd probably keep it until it rotted out from under me. As it is, I still may. With me you never know, I could be trading it up for a new Bandit or Triumph Tiger next year, then again it could be a permanent ride for years to come. Time on it will tell. I've put about 3,300 miles of pleasure riding on it in the last couple of months so far, along with a bunch on the SV (since I don't have a commute).

The only thing that Irks me is wearing a BT-020 rear tire out in some bit over 3,000mi. That's expensive, and I've got Diablo STradas on order to try now. I hated the stock BT-020s on the ST and while they handled a bit better on the Bandit, this set the Bandit came with didn't make me a fan either. I liked the Metz. Z-6 on the ST and at least that bike went 5,000mi. before a new tire was needed.

I never quite figure out how some guys get 10,000mi. plus out of sport tour tires. I change my  own as I couldn't afford (or wouldn't want to pay for) buying from a shop and having them do it several times a year.

Anyway, I'm going to read through all the info. you guys have here and see what you've collectively found with the bike.

Nice site, thanks for having me aboard.
Wherever you go, there you are.
2005 Bandit 1200, 2003 SV650N

Offline Nitro

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #551 on: June 21, 2007, 11:13:50 PM »
Welcome dude.
97 Bandit 1200S

Offline banditone1250s

• Board Homesteader!
WELCOME
« Reply #552 on: June 23, 2007, 08:08:58 AM »
Welcome to the site Carl and oh yeah, by the way, I have never heard of getting 10,000 miles out of any "sport" tire...Banditone1250s... :welcome:

Offline Carl_T

• New user!
    • http://www.carlt-artwork.com
« Reply #553 on: June 23, 2007, 04:33:06 PM »
:thanks:    Thanks guys,

I didn't mean Sport, but Sport-Tour tires. A number of ST folks even go so far as to claim things like 15,000 miles out of a set, boggles the credibility synapses. I thought 5,000 was bad on the ST, but 3,400 for BT-020s on the Bandit, ouch.

How fast would a set of Pilot Powers get burned up on it. Too fast for my pocket book I think. I run them on the SV and get decent mileage for a sport tire ( a bit over 3,000)

I'm hoping the STradas stick better and last longer.

Guess I should of started a tire thread to uselessly bitch in  :roll:  :blah:
Wherever you go, there you are.
2005 Bandit 1200, 2003 SV650N

Offline FREDMAG

• Board Regular!
« Reply #554 on: June 23, 2007, 05:38:22 PM »
Hi there, I should introduce myself I guess.  I have been registered for a few weeks now, but have been mostly on the big bandit banter.  Anyway I am 30, live in Moncton, NB, Canada.  Back in March I bought a 2004 1200S.  So far I love it.  I have been biking for 14 years now, (legally).  I also have a 1985 Honda V65 Magna and my wife owns a 1998 Kawasaki Ninja 500.  Thanks for everyones help so far.

Fred
Fred Maxwell
2004 1200s
1985 V65 Magna