Author Topic: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!  (Read 253979 times)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Re: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!
« Reply #615 on: November 29, 2007, 12:15:37 PM »
 :welcome: Grizz. Hope you find this site helpful.  Enjoy your stay with the often overlooked, but still great, Bandit.  :bandit:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #616 on: November 29, 2007, 01:45:48 PM »
Welcome Bonanaza, it's great to get back in the saddle after such a long time, just be careful out there.

Welcome Grizz, I had the 05 blue and white commemorative B1200 it was a beautiful bike. Heck with 3000 miles who needs showroom new, you got that plus a barely broke in bike LOL.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 06:53:16 PM by CWO4GUNNER »

Offline swagzz

• TURBO TYPER!
  • noli illegetimi non carborundum
« Reply #617 on: December 22, 2007, 06:06:59 AM »
Hi to everyone
    Like others that I have read about on this site I've got back on the bikes after a few years, few too many without one.
  First bike I seriously look at and test ride is a  01 1200 Bandit, it now lurks in the garage out the back and gets to take me places I want to go to at speeds  I shouldn't but what the hell, I'm past the die young leave a good looking corpse age.
  That of course is related to the first time we were out after dark, sun going down, lights come on,NOT. Slow trip home to investigate that little problem.
  Another half geriatric that rides an R1 put me on to the BA site, so the solution is at hand, did some baking while wife was at work, cleaned the headlight out, modified LB blocker, Narva arctic blue globes and will sort out the voltage drop in the next few days.
  Only that the people on this site freely share their knowledge and cures that I haven't spent any time chasing in circles sorting this out,
   Anyway I have to go test out the lights and adjust them,should take a couple of hours  :)
                                      Later  Swagzz
ps the bandit is black and I live in North Qld Australia
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 07:52:15 AM by swagzz »

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #618 on: December 22, 2007, 08:42:22 AM »
 Welcome back to motorcycles and BA. :beers:  Dan

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #619 on: December 22, 2007, 01:16:52 PM »
 SWAGZZ! :congrats: :welcome:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #620 on: December 23, 2007, 12:39:55 AM »
 :welcome: swagzz and glad to see you've put the site to good use already!  :bigok:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline flickmeister

• Board Regular!
Re: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!! Treacherous old fart on board.....
« Reply #621 on: December 26, 2007, 11:25:40 PM »
New Bandit owner here. Just bought an '07 red one. Terrific bike at a ridiculously low price. I also own an '06 GSXR1000 and an '07 Yamaha Road Star. It was my first (and last) cruiser, just not a cruiser person. It's up for sale.

My background is a 60 year old treacherous old fart, been riding for 44+ years, mostly hardcore sportbikes. Also roadraced for several years and spent one dragracing. Have been to several schools: Keith Code's, Reg Pridmore's, and John Ulrich's. I taught the MSF course for eight years and also taught the new rider's school for the club I raced with.

I'm really loving the Bandit. It does everything so well with such comfort compared to what I'm used to. Kinda not used to a bike that will go quickly in first gear but keep the front wheel on the ground either. I hear about the good mileage some are getting but not me. I've been playing hard in the twisties for the most part. When I do, I get from 29-32 MPG. My best mileage has been 37.8 and I'm averaging around 34. If it weren't so much fun to flick around, I suppose my mileage would improve. Same for the rear tire. With 800miles on it, the wear bars are real close to breaking through. I'll be lucky to get 1200 out of it. That's crap mileage for a sport touring tire but it sticks like a full blown sportbike tire. I'm a huge fan of the Pirelli Corsa IIIs. They have better feedback and I'll get around 2500 miles on the rear. Bottom line is you pay to play and el Banditio is way too playful to behave.

If this thing keeps being this much fun, I may sell the Gixxer thou' and put the money into modifying the Bandit to bring it up to speed and customize it to fit me even better.

Since I'm new to the Bandit, I better get reading what has been posted on this forum.  I want to learn as much as I can about my new toy, so I better get crackin' ('specially if there's a newbie initiation quiz later). Enjoy the ride. Cheers, Jack

I've posted this same intro on a couple other forums 'cause I'm too crappy a typist to do it more than once. Just letting you know because I did it once before and some folks got seriously bent out of shape. Don't want that to happen here.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 11:32:31 PM by flickmeister »

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #622 on: December 27, 2007, 07:17:57 AM »
 :welcome:  Jack, Glad to hear your enjoying the new bike. I have a 98 b12 and a 03SV1K,the 98 is tailored for me toward the track,and I havn't done any saftey wireing on the SV 'case I don't want to bugger it up yet. But neither one is good for 2up now.(rather ride solo anyhow) I'd hate to get rid of my SV, I love that bike,but if the wife wants to ride often its the one I can get the most $ out of. Everyone likes the new Bandit so far,been closely watching all the post on the new bike. The SV is good for a extra 10mpg over the Bandit,light and handles sooo good,awsome sound. But if the wife wants to ride often I might switch to the 1250 (havn't said anything outloud to the wife yet,still not sure I want to make that move)
   You'll enjoy the site,good folks,good info. What track do you ride,teach at? I attend Nelson Ledges with Fasttrax when I can.
             :beers: Dan

Offline flickmeister

• Board Regular!
« Reply #623 on: December 27, 2007, 09:52:13 AM »
smooth operator,

I haven't been teaching since I retired from racing in 1989. I live in Tampa, Florida, USA. Cheers, Jack

Offline cruizer

• New user!
« Reply #624 on: January 10, 2008, 04:22:25 PM »
Just want to say hi...looks like a great forum...looking forward to the great info shared here. I live in Central Oregon...just waiting for the snow to go away.

I've just purchased a '07 Bandit 1250. Got all the goodies coming for it including hard bags, lowers, windscreen, rear hugger. Also ordered a bunch of stuff from Holeshot...basically the stage one kit plus gear indicator and speedo healer. Gonna take Dale's advice and go with one tooth smaller counter sprocket as well.

Oh, by the way...I traded a '07 M109R...loved the bike but couldn't handle the lack of cornering clearance. :motorsmile:

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #625 on: January 10, 2008, 05:21:46 PM »
Hey, welcome Cruzer... :welcome:

Yup, a good group here. We look forward to any comments you have. The M109R has a pretty good rep for a cruiser, but I think you'll like the Bandit.
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline CrazyCat

• First Post! Be Gentle!
  • The other Kentucky Kid
New member from Kentucky
« Reply #626 on: January 16, 2008, 08:56:19 AM »
Hi All! 

I just joined a few days ago, looking for good info on the new Bandits.  Here are some pics:

Thanks!
Cat

Offline slipstream

• New user!
« Reply #627 on: February 02, 2008, 04:01:24 PM »
Hi everybody..I am a newbe in an older body.I hail from Canada .Purchased my first bandit yesterday and will pick her up in the spring. looks like you all got lots or info to share so cheers... :motorsmile:

Offline Henners

• New user!
« Reply #628 on: February 21, 2008, 11:17:13 AM »
Good evening from West Sussex England :grin: my name Henry.

Just traded my 03 GSXR 1000 in for a black GSF1250S (which arrives weather permitting on 3rd March) like CrazyCat's above except mine's right hand drive ... Great site, you really helped me make my mind up as my local dealer didn't have a demonstrator to try so I hope you guys have been straight with me and the Bandit is a brillaint as you all say.

I'm 53 and have come back to Suzukis after being tempted by Italian stallions for a few years. Getting too old to want a sports bike and not willing to pay Ducati servicing costs so here I am. First trip will be to the Nurburgring. From what I've seen this looks a good place to be  :beers:

Offline wanabeguru

• New user!
« Reply #629 on: March 09, 2008, 12:02:09 AM »
Hi all!!  I have an 07 RED BANDIT1250 and LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!  Best part is my son gave it to me new!! :clap:  I've already posted in a few spots, hope it helped.  I am 64, been on 2 wheels[13 yrs old] since my first scooter(Lambretta 150LDN), live in Rio Dell, CA real close to HWY36 and south of Eureka[30 miles].  I am a bench electronics technician service manager.  We have some really nice twistys up here, so if anyone gets this way, give a holler so we can set up a ride.  Thanks for the sight and its useful tips,
Wally
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 12:05:21 AM by wanabeguru »