Author Topic: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!  (Read 253097 times)

Offline thommo

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!
« Reply #645 on: April 22, 2008, 04:59:55 AM »
I'd post up the writeup on the trip or links to it, but alas, the trip was done on the FJR.

If you want to post a write-up or link to  a trip you've done, that's perfectly OK.  It doesn't have to be on a Bandit.

Oh, and  :welcome: M8 :beers:

No worries thanks.
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline Buckshot

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #646 on: May 09, 2008, 01:35:49 AM »
 :beers:  Ron, live in SK Canada.  Bought my first bike 3 weeks ago, 08 1250 SEA.  Absolutley love it.  Married, no kids, work as a Paramedic, love the outdoors.  Hunting, camping, fishing and now riding!!

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/buckshot_cnd/08Bandit1250SEA.jpg?t=1210307915

« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 01:39:40 AM by Buckshot »
08 1250 SA

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #647 on: May 09, 2008, 12:47:48 PM »
 :welcome: Buckshot - Sweet looking ride... I really like that color and the lowers.   :thumb:
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline plbandit

• TURBO TYPER!
  • Soon to be a Touring Bandit
    • ROAM :
« Reply #648 on: May 14, 2008, 06:02:01 PM »
Hello everyone!

I've made a couple posts but never really introduced myself. I'm from CT and I just bout the bandit you see in my avatar! Little bit of oil burn, but hopefully I'll make that fix a winter project.

:beers:
-Darek
'01 Suzi Bandit 1200s Red
ROAM : - My trip blog

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #649 on: May 14, 2008, 06:20:07 PM »
Glad you found us Darek....  Lots to see -  :welcome:
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline sillyme

• New user!
« Reply #650 on: May 30, 2008, 08:00:55 PM »
New Bandit 1250 owner here in Fresno california.  I bought a new left over 07 model in the red color 6 weeks ago.  This is a lot of bike for the money!  :thumb:

Offline Buford

• Just here for the beer
  • New user!
« Reply #651 on: May 31, 2008, 12:25:29 AM »
I guess if you don't remember if you have introduced yourself that you may as well go ahead and do it again.  :grin:

I actually don't ride a Bandit, but I'm considering buying one. The truth is that I have waffled quite a bit about what to buy. In recent days, I have thought about the Suzuki GSX650F, various dual-sport bikes, (another) SV650, a Ducati Monster 695, the BMW F800ST, and even the Moto Guzzi Breva 750. My fickle nature has a lot to do with the fact I’ve owned so many motorcycles (I’ll get to that).

My current bike is a new Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT. It's a great ride, but I'm interested in also having a sporty bike. I generally try to avoid owning two bikes at once, but I figure the cruiser is different enough from a sporty bike (or a sport tourer) that I can justify it.

About me. I live in southern Illinois (the Marion, Carbondale area). I grew up in central Virginia, and spent about a dozen years in the Army. When I got out of the Army, I decided I wanted to do something fun for a while, so I attended MMI. I went to their Phoenix campus, and initially took the Harley-Davidson electives. Later, I went back and took the Suzuki elective as well (the F.A.S.T. program). I think it's a pretty good school. I only worked briefly as a mechanic (at a Harley dealership, and later at an aftermarket shop) before being promoted to service manager. I served as a service manager at a Harley dealership for most of my career. We recently moved to southern Illinois, and I took a break from the industry. I guess I'm sort of semi-retired.... or you can classify me as a bum, whichever works for you. The truth is that I’m a stay-at-home Dad for my three kids; and that’s the most challenging job I’ve ever had.

The other thing I always try to brag about is my Iron Butt Association membership. In 2005 I rode from Texas to Laguna Seca to watch the MotoGP race. My buddy and I decided to ride the entire way back to Texas non-stop. We did 1,767 miles in 32 hours. I was on a Yamaha FZ6 at the time. I hope I never try that again... but I do like to brag about it. There are a couple links in my signature block. One is for a write-up I did about the Iron Butt ride, and the other is for a write-up I did about my motorcycle trip through Europe. They're both pretty long, but I did include pictures!

Here is a list of the bikes I’ve owned (pretty much in the order that I owned them) :

1984 Kawasaki LTD 550
1985 Honda Rebel 250
1991 Harley-Davidson XLH-883 Sportster
1976 Yamaha XS360
1996 Harley-Davidson FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide
1999 Ducati 750 Supersport
2000 Kawasaki Concours
1999 Ducati ST2
1999 Ducati M750 Monster
2000 Harley-Davidson XL883 Sportster
2002 Suzuki SV650
1981 Suzuki GS750L
2004 Buell XB12S Lightning
2003 Ducati 999 Monoposto
2004 Suzuki SV650
2003 Honda Metropolitan
1981 Suzuki GS450E
2005 Yamaha FZ6
2006 Suzuki SV650
2007 Triumph Bonneville T-100
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT

My history with the Bandit. I started out early as a Bandit fan. Back in the mid-90s I was living in the Washington DC area. Somehow I knew this guy named Ron. He would take his '92 Bandit (I believe it was a 400, but I'm not sure) over to Summit Point Raceway and race every now and then. I would tag along and be a part of his volunteer pit crew. The second Bandit owner that had an influence on me was a guy named Ken. He was part of my riding group in central Texas around 2004. I'm not sure what model his was, but it was one with a fairing. Anyway, being around these guys and their bikes has always made me wonder if it might be the right motorcycle for me.

The next motorcycle I purchase is probably going to be a Honda CRF70F (or something fairly similar) for my nine-year-old son. It will be his first bike. That's sort of what got me on this trek to consider getting another bike for myself. I started out thinking that I should consider getting a dirt-bike or a dual sport for myself (so I could follow him around the local OHV park). The more I paged through buyer's guides, the more I started looking at all the street bikes... and missing having something sporty. So here I am again.

jamala00

« Reply #652 on: May 31, 2008, 05:57:32 PM »
Hay Buford, I am an new Bandit owner, I purchased one last month. New 07 from last year. I kind of have the same story as you. I have never owned 2 bikes at once, but I have had a 98 Shadow Spirit for a few years now. I enjoy the cruiser but like you have been debating on getting a sportier bike for a couple years. I have looked at a few, but with it being a 2nd bike I did not want to drop a bunch of cash. The Suzuki Bandit was similar to the BMW K1200R that I was debating on picking up. The BMW was an 06 and was almost 12K with 8K miles on it. The Bandit was just as fun to ride and was a new 07 with 30 miles and the factory warrenty. Not to mention 1/2 the price. So like you, that I could justify.

I have been very happy with the purchase, and am now actually looking to get some aftermarket things for mine. Slip-On, wind screen, mirror extensions... When I want to go for a ride it is hard to pick which one to take.. Rough having such decisions... :grin:

Anybody on this forum around the GreenBay WI area?

Later
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 06:09:57 PM by jamala00 »

Offline bronzeback

• Board Regular!
« Reply #653 on: July 07, 2008, 09:36:19 PM »
New to the Bandit but have been an (older) GS fan for a few years.  In the Suzi class I've had a gs450, and a  gs1100G, and an Intruder vs1400 (80's bikes).  Recently the proud owner of a  '97 Bandit 1200S.  Bought her local w/ 6700 on the clock and NEW tires in terrific shape for $3K even.  Fair enough deal for me! I've been through a series of bikes in the past few years and I gotta say, this thing ROCKS!  Comfort, handling, price, ease of maintenence and POWER.... best bike yet. glad to be here!
BB

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #654 on: July 07, 2008, 10:03:33 PM »
 :welcome: :thumb: :bigok:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline Ray Mooney

• Watch their mirrors!
  • Board Homesteader!
  • A man's got to know his limitations.
« Reply #655 on: July 08, 2008, 10:26:46 PM »
Hey Banditos --

I'm on the '07 Bandit 1250S these days, although I've owned both previous versions of the 1200. I'm in San Diego, so I get to ride year 'round, which is the best part of living here.

I dream of aftermarket exhausts and remapping my fuel injection, but the truth is, I love the bike as is and really can't afford a lot of expensive mods. One of the reasons I've always loved the Big Bandit is it's bargain price for so much ride. If I could make one mod and nothing else, I'd make the stock exhaust loud enough to be heard by the cagers around me. Otherwise, I'm happy.

Cheers.
Ray
Ray Mooney
'07 Bandit 1250S

Previous bikes: '03 Vmax, '01 Bandit 1200, '99 Bandit 1200, '97 Vmax, '82 Yamaha Seca 650

Offline dhcolesj

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #656 on: July 09, 2008, 01:25:24 PM »
 :welcome: Welcome to all of you!

I would definitely recommend the mirror extensions, as you'll find quite often mentioned on the forums. 
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!

'08 1250S Bandit

Offline stocksj

• New user!
« Reply #657 on: August 07, 2008, 08:59:20 AM »
Hello,
 after looking around on this site and doing a lot thinking I finaly broke down an tarded in my VN900 and bought a black B1250ABS last night. I pick it up later today since the battery needed charging. I've been riding the Vulcan but never been completely happy since I'm more used to standar type bike than cruisers.  Lookig forware to a lot of riding.

Jim

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #658 on: August 07, 2008, 09:22:44 AM »
Welcome, Jim!  What part of the world are you in?
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline stocksj

• New user!
« Reply #659 on: August 07, 2008, 11:39:07 AM »
Woodbridge Va.
I plan on using the Bandit for commuting to DC and some weekend riding. I see quite a few bandits around this area.I like how they are popular as a basis for the streetfighter style of bike. I saw my first one last year while visiting germany.