Author Topic: Eating Words  (Read 8094 times)

Offline Bob Holland

• Board Homesteader!
Eating Words
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2007, 09:17:57 AM »
Quote from: "stormi"
LMAO!!  I have told clients under no uncertain terms that if they upgrade to Vista before my OK, that they're looking for a new tech.  One of them didn't believe me and did it.  They're looking for a new tech.   :wink:   SP1 minimum is what I tell them.  

That seems a good practice for Bikes and cars too.

We have been running Vista on a couple of machines since the beta came out, year and a half ago, also office 2007.
I have no problem with Vista, as long as you have 2 gig of ram or more. We have around 800 computers at our school, so buying ram and up grading to vista is not going to happen, but as we replace units, we will go to Vista. We had to load Office 2007 on 2 labs at the High School, because that is what the new text books have. :shock:
If I didn't have a Suzuki, I would have a Kawasaki

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
Eating Words
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2007, 12:02:27 PM »
I just don't believe you guys up there haven't got guys who repair the bloody things like we do down here.

Mick: There used to be a guy in Calgary that did that kind of stuff but he seems to have disappeared. Unfortunately a lot of the newer boxes are totally "potted" with this hardened goo that is impossible to remove without destroying the printed circuit board and many of the components on it. This type of CDI is more durable than the old style unpotted/repairable boxes but on the downside it can't be repaired either. :sad:
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings