Author Topic: World's Fastest Indian  (Read 3815 times)

Offline billster

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.bikepics.com/members/billst/03gsf1200/
The older I get, the better I was.

'03 B12N
'77 R100S
'78 XS650 (project underway)
'74 CL200

Offline rider123

• Board Homesteader!
World's Fastest Indian
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 05:31:57 PM »
Thank god this didn't turn into a joke thread involving liquor store closing times...I really want to see this movie!
2005 Bandit 1200, Modified Holeshot Stage 1 with 17.5 pilots 2.75 turns out, and 110 mains 5 shims. Muzzy Slip on w/mid-pipe, stock filter. 1.5" hole in the airbox lid.

Offline B12Teuton

• Board Homesteader!
World's Fastest Indian
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 08:34:29 AM »
I was trying to think of something funny about running from a pissed off buffalo.
Reminds me of watching my brother get chased up a tree by a moose in Yellowstone. :lol:
Manny
ATGATT (all the gear all the time!)
2006 KTM450XC Thump-whore

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
World's Fastest Indian
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 10:36:13 PM »
One of the new 777's we're currently building for Air New Zealand was doing inflight entertainment testing last night. One of my co-workers informed me one of the movies in their movie database is "The World's Fastest Indian"

I was hoping for a slow night so I could go over and watch it, but that ain't gonna happen tonight.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
World's Fastest Indian
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 09:48:40 AM »
A couple folks have mentioned seeing/interested in seeing this movie.  My buddy and I saw it last night.  It's one of those sweet-natured and humorous films in which an oddball goes on a quest, and is helped along by a string of kindly, colorful characters.  (I would have to believe these characters have been highly romanticized.)  The dramatic tension comes from real events rather than scripting, unlike a fictional movie that would have had somebody die in the first reel.  Anthony Hopkins is terrific in creating a specific character and then staying true to the character throughout the performance.  While the rest of the cast is full of relative unknowns, everyone is effective.  I had read that this film would not be of interest if you are not a motorcyclist, but the actual mechanics of what Munro built and accomplished are unimportant to the story the film tells, as it is more of a human interest story.  The less you know about the real Munro, the more drama there is in wondering if he achieves his goal, and survives.  I did get a kick out of my friend...unless I am mistaking, he got a little watery-eyed when Munro finally arrives at Bonneville.
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
World's Fastest Indian
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 07:46:58 PM »
I loved it, I hope everyone sees it. Take your family.  One of the best pics in the last year.  Best movie with motorcycles I can remember
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline vadim

• Board Homesteader!
World's Fastest Indian
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 10:17:01 AM »
I saw this last night after reading all the shameless plugs that they put about the movie in the last issue of AMA.  I definitely recommend it, though I was really wishing for subtitles half of the time.  Even my girlfriend liked the movie (not sure if 2 glasses of wine had something to do with it.)  Has anyone read the book?
'01 600s

Offline TheBigB

• Board Homesteader!
World's Fastest Indian
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 07:32:38 PM »
Saw this film a few nights ago and I too highly recommend it. I also strongly suggest you explore the "special features" menu option on the DVD. I was very surprised to see how much of the film came straight from information gleaned off Bert's home movies.

The Big B

Offline cb400bill

• Board Homesteader!
World's Fastest Indian
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 08:36:21 PM »
"Has anyone read the book?"

A friend of mine just loaned it to me.  I'll let you all know what I think.

Offline Seanybiker

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.madblaa.com
World's Fastest Indian
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 05:04:04 AM »
tis a good film actually. I enjoyed it. reminds me of one of me mates who builds bikes. not that fast lol but he learned everything himself and he would be kinda mad aswell lol.

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
World's Fastest Indian
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 09:45:47 AM »
A friend of the family, a kiwi (we don't hold that against him, much) his father and owner of the local motorbike shop, he was also in the same motorcycling club as the fellow portrayed in the movie.
Kinda strange hearing all the stories from the mate and his old man years and years, before a movie comes out about it.
Wish the mates old man was still alive to find out how close to the truth the movie is. You now how Hollywood just loves to stuff things up  :duh:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.