Author Topic: a little help request, wiring related...  (Read 5803 times)

Offline greg737

• Board Homesteader!
a little help request, wiring related...
« on: May 25, 2014, 03:49:23 PM »
Now that I'm reassembling my Bandit 400 I'm finding that the wiring diagrams don't always make everything perfectly clear.

Could somebody please trace the oil pressure switch line from the front of the engine (at the oil filter cover) to the point where it plugs into the bike's wiring harness.  What I need to know is: what color is the wire that the oil pressure switch line plugs into when it reaches the bike's wiring harness?

Thanks for your help

Greg

Offline El Gringo

• Board Homesteader!
Re: a little help request, wiring related...
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 06:39:53 AM »
Hi Greg

Looking in the factory manual for the USA/Canada model it should be Black with a Green trace, connected by a single connector that then runs to the main clock connector inside the loom.

Seems to bethe same colour for all models

Hope this helps

Offline greg737

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 01:28:45 PM »
Are you sure about that? 

I've got a copy of the Service Manual and the Service Manual Supplement, but they're not original printings so the smallest fonts aren't very readable.

However, it looks like the only Black w/Green trace wire that I can find (both in the Manuals and on the motorcycle itself) is one that comes from the Water Temperature Sensor and goes to the Main Clock Connector.

In the wiring diagrams it does appear that there's a "BG" on the Oil Pressure Sensor line, but after the connector the color designation transitions to something else for the run of wire that goes to the Main Clock Connector.  I can't read what it says on my printouts of the manuals.

Offline El Gringo

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 01:35:44 PM »
Hi Greg

Yep manual shows B/G from the switch, through a single connector to B/G all the way to the main connector before the cluster light where it changes to G/Y Green/Yellow

Seems the same on all the diagrams

When i get a second i'll double check my loom when i can dig it out of the box of parts

Cheers

Offline vintagemilano

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 01:38:35 PM »
You are probably past this point, I looked on my 93 400P, goes to Green/Yellow in a single connector right behind the fuse box behind the battery.
1993 GSF400
Cranbrook, BC, Canada

Offline greg737

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 05:05:31 PM »
Actually that helps a lot. 

I haven't been working with the wiring for a while, instead I've been working on the painting.  In a few days I'll be done with the painting (for better or worse) and I'll be turning back to the wiring issues.

Thanks for the help.  I may have more wiring questions in the next month as I try to combine the Bandit's original wiring with the fuel injection system wiring.  Trying to do it in an intelligent, clean manner.

Offline nsc

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 01:13:50 PM »
Hello Greg!
Your bandit restomodding is excellent! :congrats:

i would like to suggest especially for wiring to use motogadget's munit which simplifies extremely your wiring loom.
it's a bit expensive but if you search on google a lot of people have made their lives easier with this device

http://motogadget.com/en/electrics/electronic-control-box-m-unit/m-unit-digit-tastersteuerung-u-sicherung.html

greetings from Greece!