Author Topic: transmssion problems  (Read 6326 times)

Offline max

• New user!
transmssion problems
« on: September 01, 2014, 06:37:17 PM »
I have put in a brand new barnnet clutch pack and springs. and my bike will NOT pull it self and wont even kill it self sitting still at a red light in frist gear. this bike is a 2000 gsf1200s.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: please HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!
mike lynch
decatur,illinois
217-853-1639 cell

Offline max

• New user!
Re: transmssion problems
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 06:39:44 PM »
AND I HAD NO PROBLEMS B4 THIS OTHER THAN A WEAK CLUTCH LEAVER SO THAT IS WHY I CHANGED THE WHOLE PACK AND SPRINGS
mike lynch
decatur,illinois
217-853-1639 cell

Offline China Greg

• Board Homesteader!
  • Tighten it 'til it Loosens then back-off 1/4 turn
Re: transmssion problems
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 11:11:54 AM »
Okay.. don't panic.
The Bandit clutch system is very solid and reliable... even with the Barnett stuff (which I have also0.
The chances are that you made some mistake on re-assembly, (unless there was something broken before you put it back together).
You'll have to take it apart again and look carefully. This means either draining the oil, or finding someway to lean the bike over safely to the left. I use a a very strong box about 2 feet X 2 feet square that I put around the lower engine and suppports the weight.. sometimes I put a cinder block against it to make sure it doesn't slip). if you can do this you won't need to drain the oil.

But anyway, you'll need to get to the clutch basket and go through it. Is the main nut on the center shaft tighetened down properly? Sometimes the clucth basket doesn't go all the way down properly onto the alternator and oil-pump gears.. then  the main nut will tighten up, but your basket is not fully seated. Also, check that the steel cup holding the spring down in the center is attached fully. There are three tiny screws that hold it down, and you have to make sure those are fully in place.

otherwise, just pull it apart carefully and reassemble it slowly. Do you have a manual? Always a good idea!
But those clutch assemblies are pretty simple and bulletproof. Just go through it again,(even though you may not want to!) Just suck it up and DO it.
Black '98 B12S, JE 1216cc bore kit, port work, Yosh RS3, Ivan jetting, drag bars, modified Corbin Gunfighter, Hyperpro shock, Racetech Gold valve kit, stainless lines, Wave rotors, polished wheels, fender eliminator, bar-end mirrors, NEP throttle lock, Adaptiv TPX radar detector...140K miles