Author Topic: Keihin Carbs Stock?  (Read 9363 times)

Offline djnatedogg

• Board Regular!
Keihin Carbs Stock?
« on: January 24, 2015, 10:56:30 AM »
Couple issues.... One, curiosity, are Keihin carbs stock on a 2001 Bandit 600S?  And two, anyone experience bog until 7000RPM?  I know the power doesn't kick in til then, but its pretty bad, hard to cruise at a decent engine rpm.  I want to clean the carbs, but should I do more than clean them?  I know there's rejetting and shimming the slide pin, but that's usually after modding it.  I'm keeping her stock for now.  Any input would be great.

Offline djnatedogg

• Board Regular!
Re: Keihin Carbs Stock?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 08:47:43 PM »
No one seems to have any input... But I'll still post my findings for anyone in the future.  Removed and disassembled the carbs today... Yes Keihin carbs are stock if anyone was wondering.

Slide needles are not adjustable, except with maybe spacers between the head of the needle and the piece that holds it place.  I was hoping it was like the videos I've seen where there are 6 slots where the e-clip slips on, adjusting the position. No beans

Throttle cables are a pain in the arse.... if you have no patience, this isn't a job for you, lol.

I found the emulsion tubes were half plugged, and there was some varnish on other parts.  I made sure everything was clean, but it still seems sluggish revving through the low rpm to 7000.  Could this just be normal for the bike then??

Offline BanditMike

• New user!
Re: Keihin Carbs Stock?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 11:52:36 PM »
Stock jetting is too lean and if you bought the bike used chances are a PO messed with it and only made it worse. There are some good tutorials on jetting out there and several good companies providing jet kits, when you get it right your bike will pull cleanly from idle to red line. It will just take a bit of patience and some homework on your part.