Author Topic: 91 Bandit 400 Switch pod question  (Read 5092 times)

Offline funkquezzy

• New user!
91 Bandit 400 Switch pod question
« on: August 16, 2015, 04:53:55 PM »
Hey guys, im in the process of restoring my B4 (US spec) and I'm about to put on some Renthal super low handlebars. I was wondering if it was possible to switch the kill switch and light switch pod with say a 99' SV650 or GSXR600 pods for that more modern look. Are they interchangeable or require some sort of modification?

Offline ventYl

• Board Homesteader!
Re: 91 Bandit 400 Switch pod question
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 03:23:34 AM »
I've seen an YT video where plain old (according to the guy presenting the bike it was <93 model) 1st gen B4 had roundish pods, apparently taken from some other bike. Right pod was missing the light switch and the bike had automatic DRL so I expect that it is possible either without fiddling at all or only with minor changes in wiring.

Your best chance is to get both wiring diagrams for Bandit and donor bike and compare pod wiring section. I think that they will be nearly same or identical as there's not a lot of what you can invent here. Maybe except of light switch because of DRL which can be either completely omitted or for sake of complete simplicity the wires are simply connected in pod instead of having switch there. That way you can have DRL/non-DRL pod with same wiring depending on market you are shipping to.

edit: ofc - prerequisite is to have handlebars of same diameter
Bandit 400 1991 - stock except of swap from GK75B to GK75A