Author Topic: B4 Search Results  (Read 10685 times)

Offline GSF

• Board Regular!
B4 Search Results
« on: March 22, 2016, 08:23:05 PM »
I've spent the last month working on my B4 just to get it to start without killing the battery every time. I figured it was something to do with the carbs because it would want to tick over but just take ages to actually fire, which is one of the reasons I ended up on this forum.

The bike would run okay once it actually started, not great but okay, so I guessed the problem was most likely the carbs just not being fed properly or the mix being too lean, so I did a lot of research into everything from how a vacuum operated petcock works to how the carbs themselves work in intimate detail. I suppose that's half the fun of owning a B4, you get to learn in great detail just how the engine works piece by piece to get a bike that has been poorly looked after for most of its life running smoothly once again. While trying to work out why the bike was idling at 5k rpm today I searched goggle looking for the various ways to adjust the idle speed and one of the search results thrown back made me laugh:

Offline Squishy

• Board Homesteader!
Re: B4 Search Results
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 08:27:34 PM »
I don't get it.

Offline ventYl

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 06:20:50 AM »
I think that he's trying to pick up the fact that there's someone out there who just bought old B4 and  started to ride it without any problems. Quite unusual scenario for folks slacking around banditalley. Who knows. Maybe he bought it from some forum member and that's the reason. Or maybe the post is 15 years old :)

This bike requires some attention and I think that it is good. It adds just another aspect to the life of it's owner. I like that i can take care of my bike. My Bandit gave me a chance to learn a lot about bikes I never imagined I will ever learn. And I enjoy it.
Bandit 400 1991 - stock except of swap from GK75B to GK75A

Offline Squishy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 07:44:24 AM »
Dunno I've had mine for 6 years and never had one problem.

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 03:17:02 PM »
Ive had my vvc since 93 and had no problems replacing only the vvc relay and stock service parts, great little bikes.

Offline GSF

• Board Regular!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 09:38:14 AM »
Am I really going to have to explain this?

It's the short description under the link I found amusing:

"I just started riding my 1991 suzuki Bandit 400 and the bike runs great.
 ... Does this mean that I should adjust the idle speed or is it something ..."

I know the two statements are actually separate in the article being mentioned, but if you read them together like this, well, I found it amusing anyway.

As to my bike, since making sure the carbs are being fed properly she starts without killing the battery, has power all throughout the range and still gets crap mileage so at some point I'll have the carbs off and clean them up, but for now I'm just happy to be riding. I've since stripped the rear brake caliper, cleaned it up, put in new seals and hopefully this week will actually get it back on the bike and for the first time in over a year I'll have two working brakes. Don't ask...