Author Topic: fuel leak  (Read 9557 times)

Offline scooterfxr

• First Post! Be Gentle!
fuel leak
« on: April 14, 2016, 02:13:21 PM »
Hi, new to forum. I have been reading a lot about carb rebuilding. here is my store picked up 93 bandit not running. one of the choke suply (copper tube broken ) replaced carb -replaced all o rings set float etc bike fired right up. now I have fuel comming what apears to be ventline? at top of carbs and I believe associated with the choke slide that opens a hole in top of carb when choke is on . thanks for any help

Offline ventYl

• Board Homesteader!
Re: fuel leak
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 02:20:58 PM »
at top of the carbs, there are two different kind of holes:

there's a port on each carb cap. maybe 2 or 3mm in diameter, one on each carb - 4 in total. these should be covered by rubber caps with circlips.

then there's one port at the center of carb rack, directly above fuel inlet port. there's a hose connected on a T-piece which is placed there. I cannot imagine how fuel could leak out of this. This is float bowl vent line and nothing else than fuel fumes should be coming out of there. Fuel coming out of there would mean that you have you float bowl full of fuel  :yikes:

if you try to point at some different hole it would be probably the best to make a photo and draw an arrow pointing at the hole.

But speaking generally, there should be no fuel above throttle flap except of choke fuel line.
Bandit 400 1991 - stock except of swap from GK75B to GK75A