Author Topic: plans for the new B12?  (Read 4431 times)

Offline BANDIT#999

• Board Homesteader!
plans for the new B12?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005, 10:52:16 PM »
The way I look at the 2nd gen B12 is like this :shock: , no seriously though, why go out and lay out really big bucks on a hyper bike that everyone else can buy? Why not get a Bandit and take the extra cash you save and individualize it. If you can do the work yourself you can do even more stuff, and with the help and advice on this and other like boards, help is just a PM away. Some guys even do a full photo step by step how to. The Bandit is so versatile too. You can go radical street fighter, track demon or full blown tourer, try that with an R1. As much power as your wallet will allow, or ride as far as you can in comfort, or put guards on everything and go stunt down the main drag. Yeh, it'd be nice to have fuel injection, 6 speeds and factory hi-tech suspension, but then what could you do to it? Like most people you'll fork over even more cash to make it different. So save the cash up front, make the bike the way you want it and then you can tell people, "I did this or that to make it MY bike"

Just my 2cents
If tomorrow really is the first day of the rest of my life..........does that mean all the shit I do today don't count?

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
plans for the new B12?
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2005, 11:02:22 PM »
Quote from: "BANDIT#305"
The way I look at the 2nd gen B12 is like this :shock: , no seriously though, why go out and lay out really big bucks on a hyper bike that everyone else can buy? Why not get a Bandit and take the extra cash you save and individualize it. If you can do the work yourself you can do even more stuff, and with the help and advice on this and other like boards, help is just a PM away. Some guys even do a full photo step by step how to. The Bandit is so versatile too. You can go radical street fighter, track demon or full blown tourer, try that with an R1. As much power as your wallet will allow, or ride as far as you can in comfort, or put guards on everything and go stunt down the main drag. Yeh, it'd be nice to have fuel injection, 6 speeds and factory hi-tech suspension, but then what could you do to it? Like most people you'll fork over even more cash to make it different. So save the cash up front, make the bike the way you want it and then you can tell people, "I did this or that to make it MY bike"

Just my 2cents

Nicely said!  I'd even give ya $.04 for it!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline banditII

• Board Homesteader!
plans for the new B12?
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2005, 04:53:53 PM »
Yeah, I've heard Suzuki may use an earlier generation GSXR1000 engine in a new bandit.  They'll screw it up somehow.  It'll have kaw Z1000 wind protection, or it'll be ugly.  I hope I'm wrong.  

Warren
Riding motorcycles..........and loving it! :-)

Warren

Offline snofrog

• Board Homesteader!
plans for the new B12?
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2005, 07:12:47 PM »
Quote from: "chrissinc"
Personally I love that the bandit is air/oil cooled. It's extremly reliable. However I would like a factory oil temp guage like on my '84 GS750EF, it really helps to know how hot the oil is getting. I had an oil cooler line leak and installed a new oil line on the oil cooler in 10 minutes. Try that with a liquid cooled bike. There are some definate advantages to oil cooling. Not having to flush radiators every two years is but one. I hope to be gettting a bandit 1200 in the next year and am liking these forums every bit as much as the GSresources forums. A good bunch of people with no attitude that actually help people. WHy even I can come up with a semi-sane nugget of info or advcice once in a while. :-). As as far as old I'd rather have a proven design with a proven upgrade path that something that may or may not work. Which is more economical? Turning out the mixture screws a half turn to get rid of a flat spot or buying a $500 power commander to do basically the same thing? Old definatly has some advantages. How many miles do these bikes get on these engines? 100,000 miles? 200,000? I've seen some insane milages out there on the internet with some no more than a top end rebuild every 100,000 miles. Could a new superbike do that? I don't know but at least we found out on the bikes that this forum is catered to.

If there was any improvement on the new B12's I would put the money into the suspension. Having more adjustability would even garner more of a market share as the guys who want a plush sports tourer or a supersport could be had with simple turn on the suspension.

For reference this is my bike:(same colours)

It's basically the same sort of engine. TSCC with 16 valves Air/oil cooling. I did a top end rebuild at 78,000 kms as the previous owner let it sit to long and it runs like new. It still to this day get 80+ horspower and doesn't leak one drop of oil. Pretty good for a 20+ year old bike. Considering the Bandit is basically based on this type of engine I wouldn't hesitate in the slightest buying one.

i just sold my 83 gs 750 es. the red and white one . very fun bike . M
oo b12 s
thank`s Ivan
z/g smoke sr
yosh ss can
crg bar end mirrors

Offline Slider

• Board Homesteader!
plans for the new B12?
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2005, 02:02:01 AM »
Quote from: "Desolation Angel"
The Bandit "old" technology?  Hmmm, well, mine is fast and dependable as a delta whore at Mardi Gras, so keep these things coming!

There's a big difference in prices on the newest technology bikes and Bandits.  Big.  I'd rather have white knuckle fast and rock solid dependable for a price I can actually afford, than the absolutely newest technology money can buy.  Besides, the riding position on the plasticky, more expensive bikes, is crap.

From my perspective, the Bandit needs a nice seat and taller handlebars on it stock.

Now that I've gotten the Helibars and all longer steel braided lines/cables, I've gotten really fond of the 1200.  What a difference those made. :motorsmile:  :motorsmile:

You said it man!

The Bandit Rocks.

:banana:  :motorsmile:  :banana:  :motorsmile:  :banana:  :motorsmile:  :banana:  :motorsmile:  :banana:  :motorsmile:
Bandit 12, Yoshi can, jets, KNN, Gen Mar risers, 3 Givi 36L hardbags