Author Topic: Indiana Roll Call  (Read 26541 times)

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
Indiana Roll Call
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2006, 10:20:19 AM »
Hey!  You got the best color of all, too.  Congrats!

As far as the engine goes... it's disgustingly lean in stock form - which yours looks like it is.  Get an aftermarket exhaust (Yosh, Holeshot, etc.) and Ivan's or Dale Walker's Stage 1 jet kit and it'll be a completely unleashed beast.

Also, If it hasn't been done yet, I would replace the stock MacCrapAdam tires.  They'll last forever but grip is non-existent.

Here's my '03 with a Yosh RS-3 exhaust & Ivan's jet kit...

Offline WabashMX5

• Board Homesteader!
Indiana Roll Call
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2006, 11:21:26 AM »
Thanks for the welcome!  I've always liked that the G2s looks sporty without being boy-racer or crotch-rocket.  That deep green just makes them look that much more grown-up and low-key. Still grinning! :grin:

Unless the lean stumble really starts bothering me, I think the pipe/jetting will stay stock this season. Coming from a 45-hp twin, even a factory-lean B12 still feels gutsy as heck!  I might as well save that "hidden" 15-20 hp for after I've gotten more familiar with the bike (though I'm already amazingly at-home on it).  But next season, a pipe/jet seems likely, and I like the looks of Ivan's kit....

For tires, I'm more sport-touring oriented, so I'll see how the stockers feel as my comfort level improves.  A few posters on here say that some Shinkos are a surprising bang-for-the-buck deal -- any local experience with them?
'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'91 VW Jetta Carat
'94 Mazda Miata

'03 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
'85 Kawasaki 454LTD

Five vehicles for two drivers?  Sounds about right to me....

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
Indiana Roll Call
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2006, 04:17:41 PM »
I got the Shinko Advance 005's (Sport tires) for $150 a pair shipped last year from here:

http://store.azmusa.com/shink-005.html

So far I love 'em.  Makes it a whole new bike handling-wise.

The Shinko Raven 009's (Sport/Touring tires) are also highly thought of.

Offline WEINERDOGBONE

• Board Homesteader!
Indiana Roll Call
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2006, 08:14:10 PM »
A little "surging", as you call it, is not uncommon on this bike. You can also fix that stumble with a pilot screw adjustment. I can help you with that sometime if you decide you want it.

Gary

Offline WabashMX5

• Board Homesteader!
Indiana Roll Call
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2006, 09:28:14 AM »
That would be great!  I still haven't even read over the owner's manual yet to get familiar with anything more in-depth than the idle-speed thumbscrew.  With all this rain, looks like I should have plenty of opportunity before the next ride....
'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'91 VW Jetta Carat
'94 Mazda Miata

'03 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
'85 Kawasaki 454LTD

Offline WabashMX5

• Board Homesteader!
Indiana Roll Call
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2006, 01:12:39 PM »
Just had to say "wow" again.  The threatening weather yesterday forced me to cut my planned Lafayette-Indy trip short at Whitestown -- but MAN, these things sport-tour! Very comfortable, very stable, everything nice and linear, including the engine's delivery of insane power.  These things really are about the best bargain in the cycle world, aren't they?!?  :motorsmile:
'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'91 VW Jetta Carat
'94 Mazda Miata

'03 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
'85 Kawasaki 454LTD

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
Indiana Roll Call
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2006, 02:31:41 PM »
Quote from: WabashMX5
These things really are about the best bargain in the cycle world, aren't they?!?  :motorsmile:

They were until the brilliant minds at Suzuki decided to stop selling them in the USA.  :stickpoke:

Offline WabashMX5

• Board Homesteader!
Indiana Roll Call
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2006, 11:50:21 AM »
...though in fairness, I thought they were discontinued because they can't (or soon won't) be able to meet emissions standards without going to fuel injection. (Lord knows they've limped along with lean jetting about as far as humanly possible!)
'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'91 VW Jetta Carat
'94 Mazda Miata

'03 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
'85 Kawasaki 454LTD

Offline WabashMX5

• Board Homesteader!
Indiana Roll Call
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2006, 08:18:16 AM »
Hey, WienerDogBone, is your B12S the blue/white scheme?  I saw one westbound on 26 near the intersection with Creasy yesterday evening, probably about 7:30. Rider was helmeted (matching the bike, IIRC?) with I think a green t-shirt....  If so, nice bike!  (I was driving the VW GTI, so no reason you would've noticed me.)
'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'91 VW Jetta Carat
'94 Mazda Miata

'03 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
'85 Kawasaki 454LTD

Offline WEINERDOGBONE

• Board Homesteader!
Indiana Roll Call
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2006, 03:58:50 PM »
Wasn't me. Mine is an 02 that is dark blue w/goofy racing paint on the fairing. I friend of mine painted the faring for me. He is a race car painter and he kind of went overboard. Now I have to wreck it to change the paint I guess.

Anyway, I digress. My B12 has a checkerboard pattern painted on the fairing. You will know it's mine if you see me.  I'm so busy with my baseball teams, I haven't had the bike out in a week.

Gary

Offline silvershadow

• TURBO TYPER!
Indiana Roll Call
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2006, 03:23:19 PM »
Is it ever going to stop raining!  I seems like it has been forever since I have been able to get on two wheels.
2003 Bandit1200S, Hole Shot can, Jet kit, Timing advancer, Braided lines.

Offline WEINERDOGBONE

• Board Homesteader!
Indiana Roll Call
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2006, 06:45:05 PM »
We have been living through continuous drizzle in Lafayette. I have mostly been riding through it.

Offline WabashMX5

• Board Homesteader!
Indiana Roll Call
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2006, 11:10:58 PM »
I've been terribly busy, distracted, etc....  But my wife is now riding the old Kaw 454LTD on her own, and we did about 120 miles today with my buddy and his R6.  That was about all the riding she could handle, being new and on a smallish bike — but it was nice enough weather for zipping around.

And MAN, these things are gutsy.... :biggrin:
'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'91 VW Jetta Carat
'94 Mazda Miata

'03 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
'85 Kawasaki 454LTD

Offline silvershadow

• TURBO TYPER!
Indiana Roll Call
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2006, 12:40:50 PM »
Looks like this week is going to be great.  A few showers here and there but overall a great start to the fall riding season.  Look forward to seeing some B12's on the road with mine.
2003 Bandit1200S, Hole Shot can, Jet kit, Timing advancer, Braided lines.

Offline Father Time

• New user!
hello all
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2006, 07:52:01 PM »
Fort Wayne Indiana here any bandit riders in this area ? I just got my 2003 silver b12 about 3 and a half weeks ago after trading strait across for my 2001 V-star  and I got some money to boot  :grin: .
            Damn I love this bike it was like stepping off from a little pony on to a quarter horse what a difference! No mods yet plain stock bike only had 4800 on it .
                  Mike
I am only free when I riding