Author Topic: Midwest Bandit-Bash  (Read 23685 times)

Offline WabashMX5

• Board Homesteader!
Midwest Bandit-Bash
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 03:12:17 PM »
It'd be a kind of long haul for PaulVS in Chicagoland (probably 2.5 hours for me; likely 4.5 to 5 for him), but Brown County, Indiana (put "Nashville, IN" into MapQuest) is gorgeous (and usually temperate and mild) in the fall.  About 30 minutes east of Bloomington, IN, a cool university town, and probably 30-45 minutes west of I-65 for decent access.
'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'91 VW Jetta Carat
'94 Mazda Miata

'03 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
'85 Kawasaki 454LTD

Five vehicles for two drivers?  Sounds about right to me....

Offline Dexter

• Board Homesteader!
Oct Rally
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 06:02:34 PM »
I am from just outside chicago.. and its well worth the trip to go down to the Nashville area.. our little rally is for the weekend of Oct 7th and 8th and we are staying at the Knights inn in Columbus.. should be a great time.. last year was a blast... its all arranged already.. and I would love to see some Bandits besides mine down there this year! so if anybody is up for it, drop me a line and Ill get you all the details.. take it easy all!!
why do I have to ride faster than the law allows!!  LOL

Offline blackb62002

• Board Regular!
Midwest Bandit-Bash
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006, 10:49:52 AM »
coming from wiscosin will be a long ride i like the idea of Utica, IL better. :motorsmile:

Offline scooter trash

• Board Homesteader!
  • Never Be The First To Get Old !
Midwest Bandit-Bash
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 12:39:43 PM »
Not wanting to jump into your thread, but you Midwesterners need an acronym for your event. We of the Southeast have B.O.S.S. (Bandit Owners Southern States) then there’s B.O.N.E.R (Bandit Owners North East Region) and B.O.O.T.H.S Bandit Owners Of  Tree Hugging States). B.O.O.B.S (Bandit Owners On Border States) How about M.O.B (Midwesterners On Bandits) !!! The Canadians don’t have one because the weathers sucks up there so they all come south to one of our events. The Kiwi’s are too busy with their sheep to even have an event let alone name it. The English were real original with B.B.C (Bloody Bandit Club). By the time the Aussies get done drinking they can’t remember what they called their event or where they are let alone have an acronym for it.

Again I didn’t mean to break into your thread. Just thought you might want to spice up your event with a catchy name. And to offend as many people as I could because it’s Monday, it’s raining and I’m in that kind of mood.
 :beers:
00 Red Bandit 1200S (Gone But Not Forgotten)
96 Red Harley Springer
04 Sportster
11 BMW R1200RT
scooters - in - the - wind

"Hollow Points" - From Those Who Care To Send The Very Best

Offline WabashMX5

• Board Homesteader!
Midwest Bandit-Bash
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2006, 02:31:28 PM »
In that vein, maybe "Midwest Yokels Owning Bandits"?
'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'91 VW Jetta Carat
'94 Mazda Miata

'03 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
'85 Kawasaki 454LTD

Offline WEINERDOGBONE

• Board Homesteader!
Midwest Bandit-Bash
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2006, 07:37:29 PM »
Quote from: WabashMX5
In that vein, maybe "Midwest Yokels Owning Bandits"?
     :toofunny:

Offline Dexter

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit owners
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006, 11:22:52 PM »
Hey guys we could be the Bandit Owners Midwest Brothers!. that would be the...  LOL :duh:

Offline Dexter

• Board Homesteader!
LOL
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2006, 10:42:53 AM »
Man.. was it that bad??    LOL

Offline Dexter

• Board Homesteader!
October Rally
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2006, 04:39:38 PM »
Oct 6,7,8, we will be in brown county for a fun weekend rally, if anyone wants to come give us a yell, the roads down there are great and its an excellent and somewhat cheap weekend.. Lets ride!

Offline WEINERDOGBONE

• Board Homesteader!
Midwest Bandit-Bash
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2006, 07:39:51 PM »
It wasn't that bad. I might be inclined to ride down and meet you folks. I'll have to see how the schedule looks. I have never been to Brown Co. in my life. I hear it's nice though.

Offline Dexter

• Board Homesteader!
Brown county rally!
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2006, 04:49:11 PM »
Knights Inn, I65 & State Rd 46, Columbus, IN (812) 378-3100, this hotel has given us a rate of 49.99 a night, just mention your with the MIG rally its Oct 6,7,8, My good wife has set it up for her cruiser group but all bikes are welcome,and with me on the Bandit I more than welcome some fellow sport tourers, this is the third year we have done this and it has been a blast every time, the roads are sweet, some of the sweetest I have ridden in indiana, its no tail of the dragon but it is a good ride and a good time, so cmon down lets have a good time and do some riding before the winter hits!! oh and btw, for those of you interested, the bar is walking distance from the hotel !!  LOL  see ya in oct!

Offline Dexter

• Board Homesteader!
still room!
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2006, 01:34:45 PM »
If you are at all interested in going down better make the call soon.. rooms are going fast!

Offline snofrog

• Board Homesteader!
Midwest Bandit-Bash
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006, 09:20:03 PM »
did this ride fly or die ? :roll:
oo b12 s
thank`s Ivan
z/g smoke sr
yosh ss can
crg bar end mirrors

Offline Dexter

• Board Homesteader!
ride was great!
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2006, 01:58:25 PM »
had a great ride till the way home, I tangled with a minivan and shattered my left leg, 7 surgeries later all is looking good, the bandit is dead though, and it will be a year before I am back to work, but thanks to proper riding gear and good insurance all will be alright... Ill try and keep ya posted as to my progress... take it easy all

Offline WabashMX5

• Board Homesteader!
Re: ride was great!
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2006, 09:05:55 PM »
Crap-and-a-half, man — glad you got put back into one piece again!  Good luck with the long road ahead....
'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'91 VW Jetta Carat
'94 Mazda Miata

'03 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
'85 Kawasaki 454LTD