Author Topic: "First Sundays" in Ephrata, PA  (Read 14586 times)

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
"First Sundays" in Ephrata, PA
« on: March 28, 2005, 05:05:20 PM »
I don't think we have any regulars from my part of the world but there might be some lurkers out there...

The American Legion in Ephrata, PA has Breakfast for Bikers the first Sunday of every month from April through November.  I never got there last year - it was either pouring rain,  my bike was out of commission or I had other plans every month.  It is supposed to be HUGE - thousands of bikes of all kinds.  From what I hear the breakfast itself is marginal and there are huge lines but it's supposed to be a cool experience being around all those bikes anyway.  Weather permitting, I'm going with some other guys.  I'd love to see another Bandit or two there.  So, post up if you're interested.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 05:05:52 PM »
Oh... there are supposed to be some good roads North of there, too!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline dsartwell1

• Board Homesteader!
Count me in!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 05:46:23 PM »
Thats about 2.5 to 3 hours for me but it sounds like a good time. We'll have to meet up there some weekend. The roads north of there should be real good. I've been down in the Pottsville area and roads there are pretty good.

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 07:45:06 PM »
sounds like a good excuse to do  a brewery tour.....

http://www.yuengling.com/tour.htm
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 08:34:28 PM »
I've been by the brewery several times but never done the tour.  Everyone I know that has done it has enjoyed it.  Not the greatest destination on the bike, though.   :beers:  :bigdrink:   There will be some Yueling product making it's way to Southwestern VA in May!  

Dsartwell - I'll try to bump this post every month to see if anyone's interested.  You are right - there are good roads around Pottsville.  That's where the crew goes after the breakfast.  I cut through there every April on my fishing trip to Potter Co.  I actually pick up 80 in Bloomsburg (you're near there, right?).
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline dsartwell1

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 09:29:16 PM »
Yeah, about 10 miles away. Seems like once you get north of Harrisburg and Reading things thin out quite a bit. Riding is great in this area. Planning on making a run up to the Grand Canyon this summer if I can get a whole day off without rain. Wanted to do it last year but it didn't happen. Are you fishing Pine Creek? That part of the state is just loaded with good spots to fish. I gave up on Trout. Started ice-fishing in northern New York with my brother two years ago and thats a blast!

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 09:46:10 PM »
At least I'm hijacking my own post this time...   :lol:

I have a friend with a cabin in Roulette (1 town west of Coudersport).  We primarily fish the Allegheny.  It's not a typical PA trout stream.  It is big and has a lot of hold over fish.  We catch some monsters every year.  Ice fishing?  The only thing I like to do with ice is pour a nice single malt over it!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 09:23:41 PM »
I checked in my Pa. topo map (has everything on it). Wow,that would be a long ride for breakfast!
  Pa. has some great riding roads,some are not in the best of condition this time of year. I found some last yr. where I hardly seen a car for miles.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 09:48:49 PM »
Well, the weather wasn't very cooperative here so, no ride today.  May 1st sounds like a good tune-up for the rally.   :motorsmile:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline dsartwell1

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2005, 10:13:47 PM »
The way its going we'll probably have snow. May 1 sounds good. If the weather cooperates I'll do my best to make it.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2005, 02:48:35 PM »
Quote from: "dsartwell1"
The way its going we'll probably have snow. May 1 sounds good. If the weather cooperates I'll do my best to make it.

:bigok:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline dsartwell1

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2005, 08:30:58 PM »
Hey Pitter, how was the fishing. Weather was good! I put about 400 miles on the Bandit last weekend. Is next weekend the breakfast in Ephrata? I'm open for Sunday if anyone will be there. So far looks like the weather might be OK. Let me know. Dan :motorsmile:  :beers:

(not at the same time, of couse)

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2005, 09:45:31 AM »
Hey Dan - my trip was good.  Weather?  I didn't get up there until Wed night.  Thurs morning was 28 when we got up.  There was snow on the ground yesterday when I left.   :boohoo:

Yes, this Sunday is the Ephrata thing.  I'm not 100% sure if I can go.  I need to replace my valve cover gasket (going to check the valves and synch the carbs while I have it apart) and am not sure if I'll be able to get to it before Sunday.  I really want to go so, I'm going to really try.  I'll keep you posted, here.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline dsartwell1

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2005, 07:10:12 PM »
Cool, let me know. After last weekends washout and this week not looking much better I'll be jumping out of my skin to get back on the bike. :banghead:

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 08:53:08 AM »
Quote from: "dsartwell1"
this week not looking much better :banghead:

Uh... yeah, you're right!  http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday.html?locid=USPA0507

We wouldn't have to wait for a First Sunday to ride together.  I've been anxious to ride the Port Clinton/Pottsville area which would be about half-way between us.  Some great roads in that area.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7