Author Topic: August 9th benefit ride for americian cancer society  (Read 11388 times)

Offline joker

• Board Regular!
August 9th benefit ride for americian cancer society
« on: June 04, 2008, 06:21:34 AM »
I know I posted in the rides and events, but I feel this benefits a great cause and would like to see a great turn out thanks

Greetings all,I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm involved in planning a charity ride to benefit the American Cancer Society. Myself and a small group of my friends are putting this thing together because all of us have lost someone to cancer and we figure that just about everyone out there can say the same thing. That being said the details are as follows. "The Grimm's First Annual Hell Ride For Hope" (The Grimm is a band that 2 of the planners belong to)Date: August 9th, 2008.Where: Di Domenico's Anchor Inn, 204 Marina Rd, Patton, PA, 16668,GPS coordinates N40 38.320 W78 35.078, Google Maps link for proposed route http://tiny.cc/i3p9e .Price: $15/rider(wristband), $20/rider+passenger(wristband), $10/food and entertainment only (non-rider) (wristband), $5/entertainment only(covercharge at the door). We're not sure of what the food will be, it will depend on what we can get donated, etc... As far as entertainment goes, we're expecting 8 bands ranging from Classic Rock to ???? beginning at roughly 3:30pm and going until closing time at the bar. Registration will start between 10-11am and the ride should pullout by no later than 1-1:30pm. We're planning on having group leaders as well as maps to hand out to individuals who want to ride on their own. The route is roughly 100 miles and I plan on putting in a few stops along the way for refueling both bikes and riders. We're not having a poker run, just a nice ride with a big party at the end. All bikes are welcome and hopefully we'll have a nice mix of everything. I just wanted to put the information out there in case anyone would be interested. Please pass this along to anyone and everyone you can.Thanks. Please feel free to contact me personally if you have any questions orifyou'd like to help in any way. My email is clasaxe@windstream.net and my phone # is 814-672-5009. I'll probably post again closer to the event as a reminder. Thanks in advance for all of your support.

Bob McGarvey
Coalport, PA 16627
2000 ST1100
thought about it laughed about it forgot about it

hey when's it my turn to ride

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: August 9th benefit ride for americian cancer society
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 09:28:40 PM »
I would love to get a group together and head out to this.  I'll have playoffs for my baseball league starting the next day so I don't think it will happen for me.  Good luck with it!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline joker

• Board Regular!
Re: August 9th benefit ride for americian cancer society
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 04:09:41 AM »
this is the first of hopefully many years for this, friends are in charge basically of putting it together, i'm just tryin to get the word out... since i'm on the road, the only way to do this is via internet.. thanks pitter... good luck and be safe
thought about it laughed about it forgot about it

hey when's it my turn to ride