Author Topic: Steubenville  (Read 8925 times)

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Steubenville
« on: May 08, 2005, 06:46:30 PM »
I'll be working in Steubenville for a couple of weeks,tiling a new McDs. I most likely wo'nt have time to ride all the way to Willville. But if anyone is going down the river on the way, or is around and want to ride I'd like to tag along. I'm trailering my bike along,and see there is some good riding in the area. On the map I see rt.26 that runs a creek through the nat. forest looks good. Has anyone have any info on this,road conditions ,how well it is patroled? I will be leaving tommorow morning,so wo'nt be online after tonight,but my cell # is 814)392-7860
   Dan

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
Steubenville
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 01:19:56 AM »
well dont know if you will see this or not but 800 south to 26 is a great stretch of road real tight and hilly. 800 and 26 had some flooding last year in dec have not been down there this year yet so watch for road debre. also 26 had a section just north of woodsfield last year that was chip sealed and hard to ride fast on. but over all light traffic, low enforcement. good roads. if you are near the area check out rt. 145 also good road. but 800, 26, 145, are all good. so is rt 9. all are light traffic roads with low enforcement. these are a few of my favorite roads on the east side of 77.

mike
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Steubenville
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 07:54:48 AM »
Thanks for the tips Speedy, I was only at Steubenville for a couple days befor I had to drive all the way to Buffalo to do a store. But then I went back. 800 was about 40 min. west. I did'nt make it quite that far after working 10 hr days. ( I wanted to do my exploring befor dark) But I found a few good roads closer by. The flooding really hit the area hard! It took extra caution and comon sense. Even the higher elevations, had parts of road washed out,some roads had to be shut down all together in spots. Besides the marbles on the roads,and the washouts,there sure is alot of deer in the area! I'd see them every night while we cooked over the charcoal. I'd be riding around a turn,and as I come out,there would be houses on each side of the road (real close to the road!) so I kept my speed at check. (Oh ya,titty clubs all over too, on the WV side of the river,had to stop for a beer and tits,at the end of a ride.)
  Then at the end of the week,while 1/2 the crew stayed in Steubenville,  I went with a couple other guys and started another store in Waynesburg,Pa. I got the bike out there 1 time. Took 19 s. toW.V.and back. That was a nice ride! I'll be heading back there this week,want to try 18Pa. and 250 in WV. I think rain is in the forcast,but I take the bike and hope for the best.  Dan