Author Topic: where is everyone  (Read 24753 times)

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
Re: where is everyone
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2010, 04:03:22 AM »
I vaguely remember comradeship in the forums hay-day, more like a free for all  wrestling match between me and a upstart mechanic named Zenman, who was someones protege on this forum. Oh what was his name ....Big-hat, coffee-cup, I cant remember..All I know is that it was a a spectator sport for most members that peaked the membership. Do I ever mention that I wrote the forum theme song for Banit Alley?
....Ah I cant remember how it go's anymore, I remember it had a bouncing penguin sing along though.  The good old days  :duh:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2010, 12:14:31 PM »
WOW! I'm impressed that so many posts were made to this topic given the category it was initiated in.   :clap:
As has been previously said, I think a large part of the slow traffic has been due to the fact that many of us old-timers have moved on to other bikes and either don't stop by anymore, or don't stop by as often.  I know that's MY reason.  I've signed up over at the Concours Owners Group (COG), but like the FJR forum, it's not quite as friendly, however when they do jump on someone for not using the search feature, there's always at least one member that'll provide links to the older threads.

Gunner - I think Kawi must have made some steps in the right direction with the 2010 C14.  I haven't had a single recall notice and the bike has been just as fantastic as my B12 - maybe even more so,, since it is quicker, gets better much gas mileage, has luggage and no chain maintenance.  :wink:  I kept waiting for Suzuki to offer up a real sport tourer like the other three big Japanese companies, but that hasn't happened and doesn't even seem to be in the forseeable future, what with limited new 2010 and 2011 models.  When I got the chance to pick up a '10 model C14ABS for dealer cost, I jumped on it.

A big :thanks: to all the 250 & 400 owners, they've been pretty much keeping the life going here lately.  And this is still the #1 source for info for those guys as I don't think the other board has much activity for them.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 12:20:24 PM by Red01 »
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2010, 02:20:17 PM »
Well your smart Red01,  :stickpoke:(aka Coffeecup)  to have followed the improvements and chnages and then make a great deal on a newer model without those early hart-braking problems the bike seemed to be plagued with. At the time I just diden't have time to wait having sold my 05 B1200. My Red 07 B1250 OEM bagged, surpassed all my expectations. Only thing is it is so refined, smooth, and power precise, that it almost seemed boring compared to my old abrupt, rattly, noisy, growler B1200. Sometimes I miss the smell, tuning and abrupt feel of carburetors as they over-throw gas into the engine making it over-shoot throttle inputs just enough to make it feel like a wild beast that requires a skilled beast masters hand.  Ah no more, all throttle inputs are now are by prescription CPU mapping taking out the fun blips in every fuel burst. Electric bikes are next, that should bring a whole new set of controls and guidelines. All of it make we want to give it up gun's, bikes, power boats and go for something new and untamed, maybe Ill take up sailing.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 02:25:00 PM by CWO4GUNNER »

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2010, 03:11:50 PM »
maybe Ill take up sailing.

Hey Gunner

You always crack me up with your little comments.  :motorsmile: It's one of the reasons I keep coming back, so it' nice to see you posting more. I remember the Zenman days, it was a pretty good spectator sport, as far as forums go...

It looks like what you really need is to take that new 1250 and make some decent trips on it, and then post up the photo's and details. Then maybe you'd get hooked into some more mods, and we would all have more to discuss.

If I can make it down to Arizona, I'll let you know, and we can go for a ride.
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2010, 08:48:16 AM »
It's somewhat ironic that this was posted in the OH forum.  The old OH crew with Speedy, Roamr and some other Ohioans was big part of the real "hay day" along with Pete, Manny and a bunch of others not around here any more - not the silliness with Zen and the few other :asshat: we had around for a while.

Remember the EZ Board days, Paul?  When I first joined, your handle was Red01Suzi or something like that...  I thought you were a chick named Suzi.    :ducking:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 08:58:20 AM by PitterB4 »
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2010, 04:08:50 PM »
Remember the EZ Board days, Paul?  When I first joined, your handle was Red01Suzi or something like that...  I thought you were a chick named Suzi.    :ducking:

I do remember the EZ Board days - and Irfan's Bandit Email list.  The old handle was Red01SuziB12S, but that got too long, so I just shortened it to Red01... maybe I need to change it to Blue10 now? As for thinking I was a chick with a handle as obvious as the old one...  :whip2:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2010, 04:25:43 PM »
It's somewhat ironic that this was posted in the OH forum.  The old OH crew with Speedy, Roamr and some other Ohioans was big part of the real "hay day" along with Pete, Manny and a bunch of others not around here any more - not the silliness with Zen and the few other :asshat: we had around for a while.
Yup couldn't agree with you more, it took some work to root them out. I guess its out of sentiment like yours that keeps me coming back "part of the bunch", don't worry once in a blue-moon "Ill be back". Although I wouldn't mind seeing old Zenmen pop up to say hi for old time sake. I certainly hope he is OK and wish him well and God's speed.

pmackie! Let me know a few days ahead when your coming to Bullhead City and will meet and take the Rt 66 scenic ride between Oatman and Kingman then lunch on the boardwalk in laughlin. I still have the LTZ400 and 450X if you want to do a dawn til dusk ride to the silver mines and waterfalls.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 04:31:44 PM by CWO4GUNNER »

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2010, 01:38:34 PM »
As for thinking I was a chick with a handle...

Um, a chick with a "handle"?  Don't they call those "transvestites"?
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2010, 07:31:40 PM »
ya' know.  It would be nice to do another Ozark ride.  

I was invited to the RAT Raid at The Hub (south of Harrison Ark) on 28 Apr- 1 May 11.

Now it would be wrong to impose on the Triumph riders.  But I am jus' sayin', I was invited and if anyone else on a Bandit just happened to show up...well if there are rooms available, why not?

BTW- the local OKC Triumph dealer also sells Suzukis, so it's kinda a mutual deal.

Anyone interested in springtime ride in N Ark?  

One thing about The Hub.  The owner is rider.  And besides the bonfire, he always keeps huge beer chests with a donation box and will fill orders to the liquor store.  You know those counties are dry and the nearest package store in Missouri?

Hey I am jus' sayin'....
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:43:20 PM by LowRyter »
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2010, 04:20:23 PM »
As for thinking I was a chick with a handle...

Um, a chick with a "handle"?  Don't they call those "transvestites"?

Now that's some funny $hit right there! :lol:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2010, 07:57:16 PM »
have got reservations at The Hub.  Last weekend in April.  Marble Fall, Ark.
John L

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2010, 08:19:39 PM »
have got reservations at The Hub.  Last weekend in April.  Marble Fall, Ark.

Cool.  God knows what foolishness will demand my attention 8 months from now, but let's keep planning around this.  See http://www.hubinfo.com for details on that.
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2010, 08:40:18 PM »
Sven, call them now, reserve a room.  They take your name & make reservation and don't even ask for your credit card.   No deposit required.  Probably closer to Memphis than OKC.

http://www.hubinfo.com/
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:44:21 PM by LowRyter »
John L