Author Topic: Yeah! Who's Going???? 2007  (Read 14886 times)

Offline FlyingTurtle1

• Board Homesteader!
Yeah! Who's Going???? 2007
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 12:38:31 AM »
Well sure was a good time Saturday, but Sunday :taz: man what a mess!! Started raining at 2am was still raining when we left the campgrounds at 11. I figured they would call the races as it looked like NO letting up and they were calling for severe storms later in the afternoon. So I headed home. Jumped on the 'puter to find out if they were gonna run on Monday and maybe go back but couldn't find out anything, then called Mid-Ohio at 7pm to find out they were sending the Superbikes out for thier warmup lap as we were speaking....BUMMED. But gotta say Friday and Saturday were OK, saw Kent and his wife and looked for a new 1250 but didn't see any. Hope everyone else got home OK in that Nasty rain Sunday.
Terry Humphreys...No longer a Bandit owner
'06 FJR..stock for the moment....

Offline gnip

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 02:06:51 AM »
Mike,

I asked about your bike and some guys said you were camped between the gauntlet and the dirt track.  The next day they said you moved to another site.  Sorry I missed you.

The only older Bandit I saw was a silver 1200S on Sunday.

I hope they do the MX thing next year because I got 2 boys that want dirt bikes.

Gnip
F.N.G.
Y2K 1200S

Offline gnip

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 02:16:33 AM »
Turt #1,

Where were you at the campgrounds?  We were 1 row over from the person who got hit Saturday nite.  The next row over from us was the last row and they started doing burnouts about 6:00pm Saturday night, (so we were between those two rows).  Saturday night I walked down to where I thought Mike was and stopped some kids, (21 -26 year olds) from fighting.  We had the old fashion Gassebo, light blue with white stripes, screeend in.

Gnip
F.N.G.
Y2K 1200S

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2007, 02:57:58 AM »
i did not get down this year. work held me up sat and sunday i woke up to rain so i stayed home. 68 hours last week, and looking to do the same this week. i needed to get out but just couldnt. from the rain we got sunday kinda glad i didnt have time to go?! sorry guys must be another speed triple down there? maybe i i ever get some time off work i can get my bike out before it snows? next month or two looks real slim for me to ride at all. sucks but i am filling in for a guy at work who had to take medical leave due to some stomach problems. he is gonna be gone for atleast a month, then on light duty for one more month. lots of 12 hour shifts, and in this heat it is not fun at all. if i keep dropping weight i am gonna need new leathers soon. my jacket is already loose on me and my leather pants slide off? wellwith the overtime pay maybe i can just buy a nice race suit and enjoy looking at it hanging in my garage  :annoy:
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline SmokeyAndTheBandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2007, 06:08:20 AM »
Yeah that's where my friends were camped so I hung out there long enough to eat then I headed back to our camper on the other side of the track. I'm not a big fan of the crazy stuff that happens in the campgrounds so it was worth it to bring a pop-up camper and stay in the rv parking. I didn't want to ride my bike drunk so I left my bike at the camper friday night. I had to walk all the way from my friends campsite back to ours drunk! Longest walk of my life! Gnip, are you talking about the guy who got hit with the beer bottle saturday night?
Mike
"If every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right." -Jerry Seinfeld
1997 Bandit S 600

Offline FlyingTurtle1

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 01:51:14 PM »
Naw Guys I stayed at Jellystone Campgrounds about 10 miles from the track. They got a pool which was REAL nice saturday after we left the track! I won't stay at the track with my wife with me...Don't want Mama unhappy donchaknow. It's a nice campgrounds,clean showers,pool, fishing lake. We had 8 folks there for Vintage weekend and just 3 for Superbike but both weekends we met a lot o people with bikes there. Had a good time. Now I can't wait for the end of the month when I'm riding down to my sons place in Dawsonville Ga. and my daughter and son-n-law are going to meet us and we're taking in Superbikes at Road Atlanta! Gotta see if Maladin can pull off another win. Did any of you guys hang on 'til 7pm and see the race Sunday?
Terry Humphreys...No longer a Bandit owner
'06 FJR..stock for the moment....

Offline SmokeyAndTheBandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 07:45:01 PM »
Nah I didn't feel like waiting around all day in that crap. We packed up and left right after they made the announcement.
Mike
"If every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right." -Jerry Seinfeld
1997 Bandit S 600

Offline gnip

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 03:20:22 AM »
They said someone got hit by one of those kids riding without a headlight.  It was down by the woods.
F.N.G.
Y2K 1200S