Author Topic: PNW Bandit Tour 2008  (Read 46830 times)

Offline Nick2k

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: PNW Bandit Tour 2008
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2008, 01:35:02 PM »

Hello all,

My wife (Chandita) and I are working on coming along with Andrew on this ride over Lolo. We have to be back home on Sunday so we can work on Monday (boo!). Any ideas for accommodations on Sunday night?

Andrew, Chandita and I had a great little ride yesterday...was great weather here. I'll post pics of our "Mini Bandit" ride...which included a 400, 600 and 1200.  :motorsmile:

-Nick
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14

Offline Bobcat

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2008, 10:32:21 PM »
Did you mean Saturday night? My guess is we'll be somewhere in W. Montana on Saturday night, but exactly where we end up I couldn't tell you. I don't think we've ever had a set itinerary--we just stop in whatever town we come upon at the end of the day, find the cheapest motel we can, and crash for the night.  :grin:

Offline Nick2k

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2008, 10:45:39 PM »
Whoops!  :duh:

You're right...I meant Saturday night!
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2008, 05:22:58 PM »
Based on what Matt said, you shouldn't find yourself too far away from home for a return to Spokane.  You can always drone down I-90 if you have to.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2008, 05:29:27 PM »
Looks like it's a Sunday night or early Monday ride back for me too. Depends on where we are and how many miles are down at the end of Sunday.

If we do St. Regis to St. Maries, then it's not much more to get back to Spokane, and I may take it, we'll see.

My Harley friend is stoked to come. I checked her chicken strips today, and I am shamed... her's are about 1/4 inch... Mine are still an inch or so... of course my side profile is a lot steeper than hers, but still...

Offline Nick2k

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2008, 06:47:52 PM »

Maybe we've stumbled upon a new menu item:

:banana2:"Andrew's Chicken Strips w/side of humility"  :banana2:
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14

Offline Bobcat

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2008, 02:25:53 PM »
So are the west side guys (Mike, Paul, and whoever else) coming to my house on Friday morning? Is that the plan? And anyone heard anything from the Canadian contingent?

Offline mobilemike

• TURBO TYPER!
    • Mikes Mobile Marine
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2008, 01:59:31 AM »
Im still desciding if I want to get up early friday or just rider up there thursday night.
01 1200 RED
high comp pistons, gsxr cam, ported head, full exhaust, fork brace, rick forks, penski shock.

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2008, 02:01:19 PM »
HI Guys

Just back from 2 weeks vacation, with no internet... (it was nice)

Anyway, I'm IN...

The earliest I can leave is say 7:00 AM Friday morning (15th) and I need to be back in Cranbrook Monday night (18th), by 7:00 PM or so.

Anyway...Matt & Paul. Can we discuss where to meet on route on Friday, so about noon or so? I can make Colville, if you guys want to stay a little North, or at Gifford (the little ferry), or failing that, Spokane. Let me know what route you want to take and I'll work it out.

A "must do" part of the trip up the Lolo for me, is to take Hwy 3(?) to Kendrick, and then County Hwy P1 across & back to Hwy 12 to Orfino. There is fuel at Orfino, which may help Andrew out.

Return from Lolo doesn't matter to me. No matter where we end up Sunday night, I'll be able to get home Monday. I have some suggestions, but we can work them out once we are together.
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2008, 02:18:39 PM »
I think that looks like a nice side trip. There is fuel at Kooskia, and I'm bringing a one gallon spare can (plastic), so I think the fuel problem is solved for me. I'll just fill that mother up at Kooskia, and if I don't need, then great.

Offline mobilemike

• TURBO TYPER!
    • Mikes Mobile Marine
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2008, 12:56:32 PM »
I dont care where we ride.  :trustme:
01 1200 RED
high comp pistons, gsxr cam, ported head, full exhaust, fork brace, rick forks, penski shock.

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2008, 11:27:34 AM »
Looks like we'll be back to the nice seasonal weather... kooskia 101F on Saturday, but better over the mountain in lolo.

I'm thinking the earlier we're on the road out of lewiston the better. This might push me into riding down Friday night.

Offline Bobcat

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2008, 04:43:58 PM »
HI Guys

Just back from 2 weeks vacation, with no internet... (it was nice)

Anyway, I'm IN...

The earliest I can leave is say 7:00 AM Friday morning (15th) and I need to be back in Cranbrook Monday night (18th), by 7:00 PM or so.

Anyway...Matt & Paul. Can we discuss where to meet on route on Friday, so about noon or so? I can make Colville, if you guys want to stay a little North, or at Gifford (the little ferry), or failing that, Spokane. Let me know what route you want to take and I'll work it out.

A "must do" part of the trip up the Lolo for me, is to take Hwy 3(?) to Kendrick, and then County Hwy P1 across & back to Hwy 12 to Orfino. There is fuel at Orfino, which may help Andrew out.

Return from Lolo doesn't matter to me. No matter where we end up Sunday night, I'll be able to get home Monday. I have some suggestions, but we can work them out once we are together.

Hey Paul,

I was thinking we might ride southern WA on Friday over to Lewiston. There are some roads down there that I've been wanting to ride for awhile, but never gotten around to doing. You wanna just meet in Lewiston? Also, can everyone PM me their cell #'s so we can touch base on Friday night? I have no idea where in Lewiston we'll be staying.

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2008, 08:39:21 PM »
There are some roads down there that I've been wanting to ride for awhile, but never gotten around to doing. You wanna just meet in Lewiston?

Yup...I can do that...but if you give me your route into Lewiston, there are a couple of roads south of Spokane that I want to ride, that will take us well West of Lewiston, so we may run into each other on the final leg.

I WILL be travelling with Cargo7...from somewhere in the middle of Washington, so we'll keep our eyes open for you. Same cell # for me, but I'll PM you again.
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline Bobcat

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2008, 10:14:01 PM »
There are some roads down there that I've been wanting to ride for awhile, but never gotten around to doing. You wanna just meet in Lewiston?

Yup...I can do that...but if you give me your route into Lewiston, there are a couple of roads south of Spokane that I want to ride, that will take us well West of Lewiston, so we may run into each other on the final leg.

I WILL be travelling with Cargo7...from somewhere in the middle of Washington, so we'll keep our eyes open for you. Same cell # for me, but I'll PM you again.

I'd like to ride 261 through Starbuck, then 127 north through Central Ferry, get on 26 east for awhile, and then head south onto Sommers road through Wilcox, and then down 194 onto the Wawawai Grade road. That turns into the Wawawai River Rd (193) which we can follow all the way into Lewiston.