Author Topic: PNW rider's check-in thread  (Read 40052 times)

Offline Chandita

• New user!
Oh no, I'm melting! :)
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2006, 11:06:24 AM »
What good is a bike in a garage?  This part of the country you have to accept the weather and ride on! :)  

I'm originally from Alaska so this Spokane type of cold is no big deal! :)

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
PNW rider's check-in thread
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2006, 11:27:32 AM »
I guess i would be on the porch cause i couldn't run with you husky (BIG DOGS) type riders! I almost froze in the Blue Ridge temps, where those are foot hills to you Rocky riders. M/C just seem to be rite for the sweltering area's. Icy roads etc sounds like so "NOT" much fun!!!!    :annoy:  :banana:  :banana:  :motorsmile:

Offline flipbandit

• Board Homesteader!
huh?
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2006, 11:37:20 AM »
What are u talkin bout brotha?
Its warm here now. Yesterday I was workin on my porsche 912 with no shirt on and was sweatin like mo fo.
Anyways, by august it gets up to high 90s even over hundred degrees on other areas.
Weather here is probably the best in the summer the heat bearable on a bike the wind feels great.

If ur talkin bout the snow where I parked my bike on the side of the road, I was up mt. Baker by the ski lodge. No ice on the road all the way up there now.its not even wet. That picture was taken may 5 of this year.
(",)

Offline Chandita

• New user!
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2006, 12:17:32 PM »
And that's exactly why I love Spokane.  I was able to ride on dry roads last November and again in February.  Not too shabby.  You get the best of everything here.  A little cruise will take you to desert-like areas, mountains and lakes.  A white xmas, spring showers, hot and dry summers.  Mo better than Alaska that's for sure! :)

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2006, 01:06:18 PM »
Ok I concede ! Anywhere with more than the occasional turn, scenery, of more than flat straight boring roads is just a plus too riding on two wheels! Even if it is in the rain.  :stickpoke:  :bigok:  :congrats:  :motorsmile:  :beers:

Offline huahuafish

• TURBO TYPER!
new rider says hi
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2006, 07:24:17 PM »
hey yall, I'm Ed and I just picked up my first bike a month ago

I ride a 91 B4, pearl white with red stripe, I wear red mesh joe rocket jacket with red Scorpion helmet

I live and ride around northgate right now, occasionally venturing out to Kenmore through Bothell way, around Locust way

I'm still learning the ropes, so if you see me on the road pardon me for the gear-crunching, clutch-buring, both legs on the road action....  :clubme:

if anyone can offer tips about where to practice riding around seattle please let me know, thanks

Offline Chandita

• New user!
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2006, 10:33:31 AM »
Congrats and welcome! :)

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Re: huh?
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2006, 11:18:46 AM »
="flipbandit"] Yesterday I was workin on my porsche 912 with no shirt on and was sweatin like mo fo.
Too much info!!!! I'm sure it was meant to impress me!!! LOL Did it work????   :beers:  :beers:  :congrats:

Offline flipbandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2006, 02:49:57 AM »
hahaha i know too much info on that hahaha

here no shirt

hahaha

(",)

Offline flipbandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2006, 02:53:01 AM »
actually im the one that's impressed at you.
that hayabusa is freakin scary man!
i ride a gsxr600 and it scares me.
i'd shit my pants if im on that hayabusa
 :motorsmile:  :motorsmile:  :motorsmile:
(",)

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2006, 10:49:05 AM »
The Busa is just a big comfy bike that can become as bad as you make it! I get left behind all the time by R6's Gixxer 6's!!! Don't know which is on steroids or crack the bike or rider! The reason i posted about the Porsche was it seemed to me you were trying to impress others!!!   :stickpoke:  :beers:  :bigok:

Offline flipbandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2006, 03:08:24 PM »
oh the 912 is a big pain in the ass!
there's always something wrong with it.
it's old you know. 1966
but i love this lil car.
can't seem to let it go.
it's not a fast car or impressive as the 911 but i didn't buy it for the speed
i got it coz of the rarity of it.
it's the 3 gauge model. i'm sure they're somewhere scattered in the u.s. but i just haven't seen one like it yet. most of em' are made with 4 gauges.
when it runs it's all eyeballs
but it's a pain!!!
hahaha
(",)

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2006, 02:31:03 PM »
howdy, new to the forum but not to bandits.

New ride: '93 B-4 with Yosh 4-2-1 and a need for a little tuning work.

location: Spokane, Spokaloo, Spocan't, Spokompton or whatever the hell you want to call it.

I'm really happy to be back on a bandit after 6 years of no bike at all. My last was a '91 B4 so its just like coming home....

If you see me, I'm on an all red B-4, silver wheels, black leather boots, jacket, gloves and a much marked up black HJC helmet with a little blonde ponytail pokin' out the back.

personal crap: 36 y.o., married, three daughters. own a bar in town (Far West Billiards), spend way too much time on my computers (linux junkie) and am trying hard to find time to work on and ride my new toy.

cheers

A

Offline flipbandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2006, 03:43:00 PM »
Welcome aboard andrew!
Maybe if I'm in spokane ill stopby ur bar. And check out ur b4.
(",)

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2006, 10:29:56 PM »
seriously, drop me a line before you're in town and I'll meet you. Always willing to have a cool one.