Author Topic: Givi F511 Top Case Rack  (Read 3429 times)

Offline mushupork

• TURBO TYPER!
Givi F511 Top Case Rack
« on: August 07, 2007, 09:36:43 PM »
Anyone out there installed one of these?  When I remove the grab rails and mount the bracket underneath the fairing, the rubber grommets don't fill the gap between the rear fairing and the grab handles.  The instructions have no words so I can't even tell if the stock grommets are supposed to be replaced with the ones they provided or if they get stacked together.  Even stacking them I have the gap.  

Is this just a sloppy design or am I just a sloppy installer?   :duh:

Thanks for any help.

[1st Generation Bandit 1200 - Year 2000]

Offline mushupork

• TURBO TYPER!
Givi F511 Top Case Rack
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 10:01:22 AM »
The issue seems to be that the mounting bracket is thicker than the rubber washer/grommet Givi supplied.   Since the bracket fits between the frame and the grab rail, the grab rail now sits the thickness of the bracket further from the fairing than it did before. The extra washer/grommet, in my case, doesn't fill up the gap between fairing and grab handle.  Purely cosmetic and everything was stable but there was enough of a gap that the two washers would spin if touched and since it was two pieces stacked they could each spin differently. That weird shape of the washers made it really look funny.

My solution was to go to the hardware store and buy another set of rubber washers, trip them down to meet flush with the other washers (the weird rounded triangle shape). I now have three stacked rubber washers instead of two and everything looks good (Stock + Givi + Mine).

Offline bottomfeeder

• Board Regular!
Givi F511 Top Case Rack
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 07:32:02 PM »
Do you have photos of the finished product???