Author Topic: Is this what you meant when you said saddle bags????  (Read 5165 times)

Offline ant_129

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Is this what you meant when you said saddle bags????
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 08:35:47 PM »
I got a slightly different model than the ones you displayed and I thought they were crap.  The bags sagged without anything in it and my zipper started coming apart on one of them only after like 3 month.  To its credit though, everything usually stayed dry in the rain.  

Since I have finished school I bought a Cortech tail bag to hold the little things that I need to carry.  I love it so far. Plus the tail bag is a lot easier to take off quickly.

02 Bandit 1200S
Holeshot 21" slipon
Holeshot Stage 1 jet kit
Givi engine guards

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 02:14:50 AM »
="ant_129"]I got a slightly different model than the ones you displayed and I thought they were crap.  The bags sagged without anything in it and my zipper started coming apart on one of them only after like 3 month.  To its credit though, everything usually stayed dry in the rain.  

Since I have finished school I bought a Cortech tail bag to hold the little things that I need to carry.  I love it so far. Plus the tail bag is a lot easier to take off quickly.

I sure hope they aren't as bad but all other sites for these are over or close to a C note! Thanks for the heads up!   :beers:

Offline IcyChaos

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 06:08:19 AM »
I've never been a big fan of the saddle bag look. Instead I decided to buy a tail bag and tank bag.  Nelson rigg products are unbelievably durable and look pretty nice too. the silverstreak tail roll bag I bought works pretty well. and if I need to take it off its quick and easy and has a handle if needed. Looks like a gym bag.

buddies have the silverstreak saddles that match my tail bag, looks pretty nice and aren't too large.

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 09:58:40 AM »
="ant_129"]I got a slightly different model than the ones you displayed and I thought they were crap.  The bags sagged without anything in it and my zipper started coming apart on one of them only after like 3 month.  To its credit though, everything usually stayed dry in the rain.

Hey got em in from DK! Glad to say they aren't like the floppy ones you had!! Stand up, on there own pretty good! But things seem to do that when new and young!!!  

Offline ant_129

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 07:02:34 PM »
Well mine were not floppy at first.
02 Bandit 1200S
Holeshot 21" slipon
Holeshot Stage 1 jet kit
Givi engine guards

Offline IcyChaos

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 08:48:36 AM »
give nelson rigg saddle silverstreak a shot, they seem firm, and sturdy. have 2 buddies with them and Im contemplating ordering the matching saddles for the tail bag I have for my gap trip coming up.

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 02:39:34 AM »
="IcyChaos"]give nelson rigg saddle silverstreak a shot, they seem firm, and sturdy. have 2 buddies with them and Im contemplating ordering the matching saddles for the tail bag I have for my gap trip coming up.
Have a great time there! I can't think of a better place to be about this time of the year! :beers:  :beers:  :congrats:

Offline KoolDawg6

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 03:24:44 AM »
I have had the Cortech sport saddlebags and sport tail bag for a year now and I love them.

www.bikepics.com/pictures/560445/
www.bikepics.com/pictures/560447/

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 01:13:34 PM »

I will only use these when or if ever the better half goes with me so there is a seat in the back, otherwise a overnite bag bungied to the r-seat is great on this bike. I did it on the trip to BOSS and its the way to go!