Author Topic: Joe Rocket Stage 1 Pants (2004) -Black/Gray in XL  (Read 3075 times)

Offline lucas

• Board Homesteader!
Joe Rocket Stage 1 Pants (2004) -Black/Gray in XL
« on: June 01, 2006, 03:57:34 PM »
Hello everyone,

I did a search on "Joe Rocket Stage 1 Pants-Black/Gray" and did not find any mention of these in postings. Does anyone have a pair of these? And if you do, how do you like them? They are on sale at Trax Motorsports for 89 including delivery. Seems like it might be a good deal

Thanks

Offline IcyChaos

• Board Homesteader!
Joe Rocket Stage 1 Pants (2004) -Black/Gray in XL
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 04:10:25 AM »
my buddy just bought a pair a week ago. I decided to get the phoenix 2.0's from new enough. $127 shipped, and yes I gave $1 to banditalley (its nice that we're top of that long list).

Anyhow I chose the phoenix because its more of an overpant, The stage1's don't have side zippers for the easy removal of shoes. Also the pads aren't CE certified, which I figure I would like, but thats always replacable.

Minus those things, seemed like nice pants to me, there pretty nice thick textile, but not overly thick/hot like the alter ego's or balistics, since it doesn't have any liner that I can remember.

Offline lucas

• Board Homesteader!
Joe Rocket Stage 1 Men's Pants
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 08:01:10 AM »
Thanks for the information.

I live in southern california where the weather is on the hot side most of the time so I need something protective but not thick and heavy (no liner needed year round). I don't want to feel like a baked potato when I arrive at my destination.

Are the phoenix 2.0's light enough for hot weather? They sound more like what I need. I don't want to have to peel my boots off every time I want to put the pants on or take them off so the zippers would be a great feature.

Thanks

Offline IcyChaos

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Joe Rocket Stage 1 Men's Pants
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 02:29:21 PM »
Quote from: lucas
Thanks for the information.

I live in southern california where the weather is on the hot side most of the time so I need something protective but not thick and heavy (no liner needed year round). I don't want to feel like a baked potato when I arrive at my destination.

Are the phoenix 2.0's light enough for hot weather? They sound more like what I need. I don't want to have to peel my boots off every time I want to put the pants on or take them off so the zippers would be a great feature.

Thanks

the phoenix are mesh, stage 1 is textile. The phoenix breathe very well obviously, and I think its a pretty good solution for hot weather riding, also CE rated knee padding with nice large hip pads.

They are overpants, so you can't tighten up the knee pad like in the stage 1 unfortunately. Its all up to you, I look at the Sacrifice protection to comfortability in warm weather thing myself. I've gone with a textile jacket and mesh pants. True textile is better than mesh and leather is the best, but I just hate sweating badly in the pants so went for something that breathes well.