Author Topic: KBC Force RR Helmet  (Read 5732 times)

Offline dsartwell1

• Board Homesteader!
KBC Force RR Helmet
« on: July 16, 2005, 07:05:00 AM »
Just got a new lid. KBC Force RR Blade in silver and black. Looks awesome and fits really well. Only got to ride about 40 miles or so with it so far. I was wearing an HJC AC-10. The KBC is lighter and vents much better. It also seems to move through the air alot better at speed. I noticed my head wasn't bobbing around nearly as much. It is definately not a quiet helmet. Not so bad as now I can hear the Holeshot can better. Only downside is the sheild. It seems to have a bubble in it that is distorting my vision. Gonna call the stealer and see if they have another sheild I can try hoping I just got a bad one. Didn't notice it in the store but out on the road I know something is wrong. Overall I like it so far.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
KBC Force RR Helmet
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 09:06:40 PM »
Sounds like a defective shield to me. I have a KBC VR-1 and have three shields for it (clear, medium and dark tint), all of which are optically perfect. I haven't read their ad copy for the RR, but the models they offered when I got my VR-1 a couple of years ago all said they used optically perfect shields, so I can't imagine them taking a step backwards.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Dragbike

• Board Homesteader!
KBC Force RR Helmet
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 10:48:07 PM »
Hey Red01m here ya go
KBC 2005 Force RR Blade Graphic Helmet
http://motorcyclecloseout.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=83-7630
I just bought the KBC 2002 VR-1 Full-Face Euro Motorcycle Helmet
http://motorcyclecloseout.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=83-6640
Not that I am just a big KBC guy but I have own an KBC TK-V for about 7 years now and know how they fit. So if I were going to buy over the Internet I would have a very good idea of fit. They were out of the one I wanted and saw the Euro in stock and liked the feature list so.... I will get me one of them!  And have been really pleased with it so far about 1000mi so far! I was in the market for a semi cheap lid for the girl friend
and fell in live with it. Now she is mad because I wear the "good one" all the time. The one I got was silver and black not listed as of now. As for the comment of dsartwell1 Ditto!!

"The KBC is lighter and vents much better. It also seems to move through the air a lot better at speed. I noticed my head wasn't bobbing around nearly as much. It is definitely not a quiet helmet."

I was really surprised of the aerodynamics of the KBC is much better than my Simpson Bandit (of course), that I use for drag racing, at least in the upright position! I also like the 'no tools' shield change and removable liner!
Brent
01 Bandit 1200S
99 FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide
89 GSXR 7/11 w/turbo
88 GSX600F Katana w/1127 :)
82 Harley FLT
79 Harley Super Glide FXEF
I’m getting Old--- I remember when Sex was safe and Motorcycles were dangerous!

Offline Dragbike

• Board Homesteader!
KBC Force RR Helmet
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 11:06:14 PM »
OH! One other note on the VR1 KBC Says

""Note: Some VR-1 helmet shields may flip fully open when turning your head for a lane check at speed, if the shield is partially open. If this happens with your helmet KBC will send replacement base plates at no charge, which will correct this problem. KBC is committed to customer satisfaction. Please contact KBC at tech@kbchelmet.com. In our experience less than 1% of our customers have reported this problem, but it is worth checking out."

I have not had any problem with the "NEW" KBC on this issue but only have had it up to 124mph straight line so far. The OLD KBC TK-V 7 or so years old had a real bad problem of flipping up. Really scared the hell out of me one dark night on a poorly lit track @ 142mph............that’s when I bought the Simpson Bandit. They do not flip up period! BUT,, they are NOT a street helmet! Poor visibility on the street and a 40-knot wind in the face. Which is nice after 20 min in the lanes in 106 temp. And Carbon Fiber/ Kevlar instead of fiberglass.
Another 2 cents
Brent
01 Bandit 1200S
99 FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide
89 GSXR 7/11 w/turbo
88 GSX600F Katana w/1127 :)
82 Harley FLT
79 Harley Super Glide FXEF
I’m getting Old--- I remember when Sex was safe and Motorcycles were dangerous!

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
KBC Force RR Helmet
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 11:40:38 PM »
Count me in the 99 percentile, mine has never blown open.
I do love the removeable liner and the simple visor change - which is very important to me since when I commute with the bike it is dark going home, so the visors get changed back and forth frequently. My VR-1 could flow a little better with the vents open, but that seems to be more of a problem with this particular helmet since other VR-1 owners I've talked to seem to like the airflow.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline dsartwell1

• Board Homesteader!
KBC Force RR Helmet
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 06:14:22 PM »
Now that I've ridden with it some more, the problem with the sheild is only near the bottom of the sheild. Isn't bad on the road, only low speed turn-arounds and such. I've just been flipping it up for that til I get to the dealer this weekend. We had really thick fog here this morning. Sheild did not fog at all! Much better than the HJC AC-10. That thing would fog so bad I was afraid to breathe. Really liking the new lid. :motorsmile:

Offline devildog0

• TURBO TYPER!
KBC Force RR Helmet
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 02:53:54 PM »
I also have a Force RR.  I love it except for the fact that unlike yours my sheild fogs fairly easily.  On the Way to Stone Bay Range today I couldn't see past my windscreen  I had to pull over and wipe the visor down so I could continue.  All in all though I like the helmet very much.  In the bang for the buck catorgy the KBC is very high up there right along with Scorpion Helmets.
2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200
Holeshot 17" Comp. Slip-On
Holeshot Stage 1 Modified Jet Kit
K&N Drop-in Air Filter
5* Timing Advancer
WWBOC MEMBER #2055
---------------------------------------------------
00'XJ Sport

Offline dsartwell1

• Board Homesteader!
KBC Force RR Helmet
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 08:49:56 PM »
Found out today this lid is not for cold weather. Alot of air moving through and at 35-40F its damn cold. Still like the lid. My balaclava will cure the cold thing.