Author Topic: TRIUMPH FORK PROTECTORS  (Read 5236 times)

Offline mike

• Board Homesteader!
TRIUMPH FORK PROTECTORS
« on: March 12, 2005, 09:29:01 PM »
Quote from: "PeteSC"
TRIUMPH FORK PROTECTORS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These are a commonly added item to 1G B6/B12's. (2G's come with fork protectors.) Available from Holeshot, or your local Triumph dealer. Attach easily, look OK, cheap ($16 or so) should keep some bugs off of the fork tube, saving the seals!

See below for diagram, part#
http://www.banditalley.com/parts/pix/forkprotector.jpg
click here for diagram, parts#
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spencer L
(1/1/02 11:10 am)
Re: TRIUMPH FORK PROTECTORS

Pete,

According to the diagram, does not look like the forks need to come off, but to simply place the protector around collar, right?

Spencer
PeteSC  
(1/5/02 3:29 am)

Real easy install! You don't need to remove anything!
Spencer L
(1/5/02 7:27 am)

Thanks Pete. I called Holeshot and ordered a pair.
Red01SuziB12S
(1/5/02 5:35 pm)
SUZUKI Fork Protectors

You should be able to use Suzuki ones now, too... the 2001+ B12's come with them.  

But then knowing Suzuki, they'll probably bend you over and load you from the rear like a shotgun if you were to buy theirs  

Paul W
Spencer L
(1/6/02 1:59 pm)
Re: SUZUKI Fork Protectors

Paul,

Thanks for the feedback on Suzuki. If the Holeshot ones do not work out I at least have another avenue. Holeshot was only like a .22 caliber, not like the Suzuki shotgun!

Spencer
PeteSC  
(3/22/02 8:35 am)
Re: Triumph Fork Protectors

As far as I know, Holeshot sells the 'Triumph' fork protectors.

You can get them at a local 'Triumph' dealer for a little less, but some people are having problems with the part number!!

I'l try to get a current one!

Either 'Wild Hare' or 'streetfighters by design' has billet fork protectors, which look cool, but cost $40 or so.

INEXPERT advice, freely given!
If I don't know the right answer, I'll make one up!