Author Topic: Ron Ayers is super slow  (Read 5124 times)

Offline nefton

• TURBO TYPER!
    • http://www.magneticdrainplug.com
Ron Ayers is super slow
« on: June 04, 2006, 06:48:50 PM »
I don't know if anyone else has the same problems I have had with Ron Ayers but they are super slow.  They say that the items I have ordered are in but for some odd reason they haven't sent them yet.  Has anyone else noticed this?
www.magneticdrainplug.com
The best drain plug on earth!!!

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
Ron Ayers is super slow
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 07:33:04 PM »
You didn't say how long it's been since you ordered.

I have ordered from them several times over the years and their service has been the same as other mail order stuff.   With them, they have a 4-5 day window to prepare your order, and then on top of that is the delivery time depending on which type of shipping you buy.  Maybe your stuff wasn't really in stock (on hand)?
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
Ron Ayers is super slow
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 09:06:00 PM »
Ordered one day, got it about 7-8 days later.

Offline ratbike05

• Board Homesteader!
Ron Ayers is super slow
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 12:08:11 AM »
I didn't have a problem last year when I ordered from them but I had a major issue with them before this year's rally.  I ordered a pair of D205's from them at the end of March and figured that even with a bo that I should get them in time.  I started calling the 3rd week in April and for then next 2 weeks I kept getting told they would be in the following Monday.  I thought it was kind of funny that the last customer service rep tried to tell me that they were on back order because there was an oil shortage.  I have to give her credit for originality though.  I finally had to run down to Shadetree and pick up a set of Z6's so I could have good rubber for the rally.  I will probably order from them again because their prices are good but I will allow plenty of time for the tires to get to me next time.
Wait for me!!

Jim

97 Bandit 600

Offline nefton

• TURBO TYPER!
    • http://www.magneticdrainplug.com
Ron Ayers is super slow
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 01:03:53 AM »
I ordered from them on the 16th of may.  I have called them and they said that the parts were in and they will be shipped shortly but I am still waiting.  I ordered the gear switch to give my bandit a gear indicator but still no show.  I did save a dollar or two but I think I may end up sticking with bikebandit.
www.magneticdrainplug.com
The best drain plug on earth!!!

Offline Ranger

• Board Homesteader!
  • Resident Felon
Ron Ayers is super slow
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 12:27:35 AM »
:beers:
Note to self: Leave no witnesses

Offline jeepskate99

• Board Homesteader!
Ron Ayers is super slow
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 07:04:25 AM »
I just ordered all the gauge parts to switch to a naked and got it fast.  Although the guy mis-typed a number and they had to send a different part.
There are no stupid questions,  only stupid people asking questions!

Offline theroamr

• Board Homesteader!
Ron Ayers is super slow
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 05:31:43 PM »
Ron Ayers has decent pricing but...................When you order you always need to ask them if its back ordered and where are they getting the item from. Its not always at their warehouse like you might think.
We don't need more sensitivity training, we need DE-sensitivity training. Too many people with skin so thin you can see their quivering, sensitive little bones just waiting to be offended.

Learn to take a punch!!!

Offline jeepskate99

• Board Homesteader!
Ron Ayers is super slow
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 05:42:06 PM »
Quote from: "theroamr"
Ron Ayers has decent pricing but...................When you order you always need to ask them if its back ordered and where are they getting the item from. Its not always at their warehouse like you might think.

They usually order it from Suzuki.  They buy from Suzuki at 10% over dealer net (cost) then reship to you for a small mark-up.  Check out the "how long will it take to get my order" section in the link below to answer any questions.
http://www.ronayers.com/info/faq.cfm
There are no stupid questions,  only stupid people asking questions!

Offline edsrockin

• New user!
Ron Ayers is super slow
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 08:26:13 PM »
i recently bought a set of avon azaros for my b6 through ron ayers. again, as mentioned above, the price was great but delivery time was a bit slow.

however, FWIW, i had clicked the wrong size when ordering and didn't realize it until they arrived. they did the exchange without any issues and the proper sized tire had been pulled and ready to ship upon receipt of the old tire. i had the right size tire at my door two days after they received the wrong size tire.

their order fulfillment time may lag, but their customer service absolutely rocks!
it's always an adventure

ed rockefeller
09 KLR650
07 bandit 1250
01 bandit 600