Author Topic: Praise for a manufacturer - Regina chains  (Read 3048 times)

Offline oldandslow

• TURBO TYPER!
Praise for a manufacturer - Regina chains
« on: September 08, 2007, 08:26:18 PM »
I purchased a new chain and sprockets for my '02 Bandit 1200 (from Dennis Kirk, Part# 805064
OEM Chain and Sprocket Kits, $207.99, free shipping) several months ago.

I finally got around to installing it over the Labor Day weekend (20K miles on the OEM chain, which was shot due to sporadic maintenance.  Will be installing a "Loobman" shortly.  Rear sprocket was barely worn.  Front had minor wear, and yes, it does have rubber on it that the replacement doesn't - pics if you want).

After assorted trials and tribulations, including difficulty breaking the old chain (my first time doing so, and cleverly using the wrong tools for the job  :duh: ), and rounding off one of the rear sprocket nuts (Craftsman "bolt-out" worked like a charm), I finally got everything put together.

Last step was to install the retaining clip on the master link, which I managed to do backwards.  Realized the error, removed it and....SPROING!  off across the garage...or driveway...maybe in the bushes.  An hour later, and with the help of friends, the garage floor was broom-clean, but the clip remained missing.  *Sigh*

Next morning I found Regina's US office on the web, called customer service, got an immediate answer, and explained my error.  Keith Foster happily said it would be no problem to send a replacement clip, free of charge!  That was Tuesday, 9/4.

Today (9/8) TWO clips (guess he figured I might make the same mistake again  :grin: ) arrived in an envelope!  That's my idea of customer service!

One funny aside - he had also promised to send a catalog.  Which arrived the day before...sans clip.  I was very disappointed that he'd forgotten.  The second envelope (with the clips) contained an apology for forgetting them in the first envelope!

Thanks Keith!   :thanks:

Oh, how do I like the chain?  No idea - haven't had a chance to ride it yet!
Rob in HMB (escaped from KC)
'02 B12, Givi E52 topcase, National Cycle Plexistar2, Kimpex grip heaters, Suzuki case guards

Offline Dragbike

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 11:16:48 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :grin:
I will have to say that is a very good story, Proly, because it is true!
And I like Happy endings!
Let us know how the new chain and oiler works out!
With a story like that and the way you worded it, I might be inclinded to tell some of MY miss adventures!  :boohoo:
AH, maybe some day!  :motorsmile:  
I like good info about venders and resalers!
Helps me find a good and fair deal.
Thanks for sharing!
Brent
01 Bandit 1200S
99 FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide
89 GSXR 7/11 w/turbo
88 GSX600F Katana w/1127 :)
82 Harley FLT
79 Harley Super Glide FXEF
I’m getting Old--- I remember when Sex was safe and Motorcycles were dangerous!

Offline Dave 02 1200

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 09:12:34 PM »
That is a great story of great custmer service.

These days the technology is so much better than in the "bad old days" that any premium chain will probably be quite good if properly maintained.  

The difference now comes down to customer service and support.

That story makes me want to buy a Regina chain and, when the time comes, I well might!

We have to support those who support us.

Good for them!
Busa Shock
HS Stage 1 Jet Kit
Superbike Bars with Bar End Mirrors
Kriss Headlight Modulator